The greatest flip flopper ever II: John McCain

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Kerry on McCain was a powerful speech last evening, it demonstrates clearly that in order for a politician to be republican today, they must join a sect and not a political organization.

"I have known and been friends with John McCain for almost 22 years. But every day now I learn something new about candidate McCain. To those who still believe in the myth of a maverick instead of the reality of a politician, I say, let’s compare Sen. McCain to candidate McCain.

Candidate McCain now supports the wartime tax cuts that Sen. McCain once denounced as immoral. Candidate McCain criticizes Sen. McCain’s own climate change bill. Candidate McCain says he would now vote against the immigration bill that Senator McCain wrote. Are you kidding? Talk about being for it before you’re against it.

Let me tell you, before he ever debates Barack Obama, John McCain should finish the debate with himself. And what’s more, Sen. McCain, who once railed against the smears of Karl Rove when he was the target, has morphed into candidate McCain who is using the same “Rove” tactics and the same “Rove” staff to repeat the same old politics of fear and smear. Well, not this year, not this time. The Rove-McCain tactics are old and outworn, and America will reject them in 2008."

Ben Smith's Blog: Kerry's shots - Politico.com

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...is-the-greatest-flip-flopper-of-all-time.html

you know.. i just cringe when I see my side of the spectrum use the same damn tactics of rove and mehlman.

you know.. i just cringe when I see my side of the spectrum use the same damn tactics of rove and mehlman.

In an ideal world, I would agree, but we have what we have and I think it can be done with some honor.

if the last few elections are any indication, these types of things work.

and that makes me a saaaaaaad busara

if the last few elections are any indication, these types of things work.

and that makes me a saaaaaaad busara

brainwashing and propaganda works. Is that how we should run our elections?

No, on the other hand I will freeely admit to forgetting half this stuff if it isn't brought up regularly.

Like how John McCain confuses Sunni and Shia, more than once. This would seem to be a bit of a problem for someone that claims to be ready to lead... Barack Obama has never gotten confused on the politics of the middle east, not once.

On the other hand, I also forget details about Obama like his association with the real estate guy thingy. I don't think McCain has that sort of stuff in his past. But I don't know.

uh, but he's gotten confused on how many states re in the union. Listen, they will both fuck up. these fuck ups in jargon are not indications of their judgement.

im just saying.. it's fucking lame when rove and mehlman did this shit in 04 and it's ultral fucking lame when my side throws the same turds like monkeys at the zoo after crying about thrown feces for 8 years.

Well, yeah, it is fucking lame and I don't buy the 'this is the way you have to play to win' argument but I really do forget some of this shit. A lot of it. Maybe there is a better way to keep all the details on board. Like writing it down ;) .

For two elections now the Republicans have been in attack mode; never truly focusing on the issues but rather smearing their opponet and making them seem so unattactive that they are the only logical alternative.

It's TIME for the democrats to fight fire with fire IMO. There are plenty of skeletons in the Republican closet and IMO if the Dems let them slide again, just like the last two times, in Nov, we'll have another Republican president.

I wish it were different and that the candidates would focus on what THEY are going to do, and stop the mud slinging but that's not how the process works anymore. It's fucked up and sad but that's reality.

The dirty tricks in politics today are just personal manifestations of what the Bush admin has been doing to the American people for the past 8 years.

Lies, deceit, fear, and strict control.

Maybe I could move to Russia. I hear they're free over there. /sarcasm.

For two elections now the Republicans have been in attack mode; never truly focusing on the issues but rather smearing their opponet and making them seem so unattactive that they are the only logical alternative.

It's TIME for the democrats to fight fire with fire IMO. There are plenty of skeletons in the Republican closet and IMO if the Dems let them slide again, just like the last two times, in Nov, we'll have another Republican president.

I wish it were different and that the candidates would focus on what THEY are going to do, and stop the mud slinging but that's not how the process works anymore. It's fucked up and sad but that's reality.

yea dude.. let's CRY about rovian scortched earth policies for 8 years and then... decide to do the same damn thing.

brilliant.

yea dude.. let's CRY about rovian scortched earth policies for 8 years and then... decide to do the same damn thing.

brilliant.

First, not a dude but okay :lol:

second I said it sucks but the sad truth that IS what the American public seems to respond to. It's unfortunate and I wish things were different but if the Dems don't do a least a little of what the Repubicans do they will be seen as weak and in January they will be swearing Bush's surrogate for a third term.

Forum List

Back