The Greatest Economy of all Time Needs... QE4...

Waaaaa waaaaa trumps winning

People have to let go of the partisan yip yap, Jitss. Seriously. Big shit is getting ready to go down. Dick waving about past and present presidents is not useful. They're all Keynesian. Every last one of em. They all believe in deficit finance. They all believe in central economic planning by a central bank. They all believe in a planned economy. They all believe in economic interventionism. They all believe in inflationism. They're all trustees in this same failed monetary policy which is a failure because of all of the above. It's a distraction from the actual problem. Respectfully speaking.

We have to return to free markets. It's the only way.
Yes free markets it’s why I vote republican,, the freest markets are in red towns
Free markets, but you support the trade war?

The economy is booming!!! As the Trumpers like to say, even though the economic data is practically the same as Obama's and the deficit has exploded again, almost doubling Obama's 2016 annual deficit of $587 to over $1 Trillion, with deficits projected to be way over $1 T next yr and beyond.

But that massive increase in deficit spending is not enough to prop up our fiat economy we also need another round of QE!!!

We all heard the Trumpers whine and cry about QE under Obama, but I'm sure 99% of them won't cry now...

Now why would the greatest economy of all time need quantitative easing, on top of all the increase in deficit spending?

The FED was supposed to be reducing its balance sheet instead it is greatly expanding it to the tune of hundreds of Billions. They also expect QE4 to last at least until Q2 of next year.

If you took away Trump's massive deficit spending and this latest QE 4 we would be in recession.

You do realize we will have to pay for this some day right??

Now we see why trump had to declare bankruptcy so many times...

But hey we've got a "booming economy" don't we!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Fed Pumps $70.1 Billion in One-Day Liquidity Into Financial Markets
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4295640-hello-qe4-and-damage-brings
Remember a couple of months ago, all the Democrats here and their threads about the so-called coming recession? LOL. They were all LIARS. All Democrats are lying sacks of shit

Where did I say they buy cash w cash, in the Repo market, they lend cash and get paid back with cash,

Of course repurchase agreements lend cash and get repaid in cash. Just what is it you think is being purchased and sold in a REPURCHASE agreement? Bonds. Usually, but not always, Treasury bonds, notes or bills.

QE is when they buy bonds or assets,

Nope.

View attachment 293532

Federal Reserve Board - Open market operations

Did you get fired from your "banker" job for incompetence? Or was it fraud?
Freakin village idiot, here you go again with more misstatements.

You said this:

They sell the bonds back.

No they don't The Fed is buying treasuries and keeping them on their balance sheet, hence the balance sheet expansion and increase in the money supply, which falls under QE, so i guess you just confirmed that you don't know the difference between a Repo and QE.

Then you tried to say that it wasn't QE because we don't have zero interest rates???
You stupidly said this:
QE is when they can't cut rates any further.....and have to buy assets.

What does that even mean that QE is defined by where our interest rates are???? Stupidity and completely false. You have no clue what you are talking about and this stupid and false statement proves it.

Now you are trying to say they are just doing open market operations??? Now you have just dug yourself into a bigger hole. SOoooooo explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE, in which you will then realize that we are doing QE, because QE is an OMO, and is exactly what we are doing right now. AHAHAHAH!!! So let's here it Village idiot...

Yep, he’s in over his head.
, but 99% of Americans couldn’t explain what QE is, let alone how it has inflated asset prices and screwed the lower and middle class savers.
Yeah pretty much.

Pussy.
SO all this just because you can't admit they are doing QE, because you are just a partisan hack and your undying cultist love of Trump prevents you from admitting we are doing QE4 because that makes Trump look a little bad. Sad. Everybody has said it's QE but a handful of Trump cultist all because they can't admit that their fuhrer needs some QE.

Here's a tip stay out of the markets, they aren't for you, you will lose all your money because you will invest/trade based on politics. You must have lost all your money in 08/09 and then you probably didn't buy in at the bottom again in 09 because of political bias. Typical right wing stupidity.

First the WSJ article says it all:

In early October, the Fed also said it would start expanding its balance sheet again via around $60 billion a month in Treasury bill purchases into Q2 of next year, hoping the addition of permanent liquidity would allow it to back away from large temporary interventions.

That is QE. QE is a form of open market operations, a larger and more aggressive AND DEFINED form. Standard OMO occurs constantly and is used to tweak the yield curve to the desired ranges, and increase liquidity, but was not enough to calm the overnight market so they had to upgrade to QE or QE light (because it is not nearly as big as QE 1-3). When the Fed defines a clear and set amount of larger asset purchases that falls under QE. When the Fed says they are going to purchase $60B month for 6-9 months that is QE, where as standard OMO is smaller and not a defined program/plan.

If you ever want to be considered intelligent then you have to... act that way. Denying that we are doing QE (for political reasons), and trying to pass it off as simple OMO or Repos shows you have no clue what QE is, What Repos are, and what standard OMOs are, and it makes you look stupid. Your stupidity is on display. Next time you want to debate me you better come correct with your facts, I knew you had a lack of understanding of finance and economics when you tried to explain the Great recession, in which you also had no clue WTF you were talking about.

SO all this just because you can't admit they are doing QE,

If every single POMO is QE, then absolutely, this is QE. Not QE4, but you won't explain when the first asset purchase was, it was way before 2008, right?

Here's a tip stay out of the markets,

That's funny, coming from the clown who thinks the S&P gained 300% under Obama.
Still looking for your calculator?

I knew you had a lack of understanding of finance and economics when you tried to explain the Great recession

You mean when I explained multiple causes and you whined because your cause was.....Bush? LOL!

Yeah pretty much. I think this says it all from the WSJ:
In early October, the Fed also said it would start expanding its balance sheet again via around $60 billion a month in Treasury bill purchases into Q2 of next year, hoping the addition of permanent liquidity would allow it to back away from large temporary interventions.

That is the essence of QE, it may be QE lite, and is nowhere as large as Q1-3, but it is still a large and predetermined plan of action, which differentiates it from normal open market operations. Standard OMOs didn't work so they had to do QE. Really Trump supporters don't want to admit to QE because it makes Trump look bad and they complained about QE for years.

It's QE on steroids.

Obama's last round of QE added about $1.5 trillion to the Fed's balance sheet.
How does this expansion compare?

That is the essence of QE, it may be QE lite, and is nowhere as large as Q1-3, but it is still a large and predetermined plan of action, which differentiates it from normal open market operations. Standard OMOs didn't work so they had to do QE. Really Trump supporters don't want to admit to QE because it makes Trump look bad and they complained about QE for years.

It's QE on steroids.

I dont really argue over which president did what, Toddster. It's a waste of time. They're all Keynesian. The problem is the monetary policy itself.

It's QE on steroids.

I dont really argue over which president did what, Toddster. It's a waste of time. They're all Keynesian. The problem is the monetary policy itself.

I'm arguing about the size.
And your use of the term, "on steroids".

Freakin village idiot, here you go again with more misstatements.

You said this:

They sell the bonds back.

No they don't The Fed is buying treasuries and keeping them on their balance sheet, hence the balance sheet expansion and increase in the money supply, which falls under QE, so i guess you just confirmed that you don't know the difference between a Repo and QE.

Then you tried to say that it wasn't QE because we don't have zero interest rates???
You stupidly said this:
QE is when they can't cut rates any further.....and have to buy assets.

What does that even mean that QE is defined by where our interest rates are???? Stupidity and completely false. You have no clue what you are talking about and this stupid and false statement proves it.

Now you are trying to say they are just doing open market operations??? Now you have just dug yourself into a bigger hole. SOoooooo explain to us the difference between an OMO and QE, in which you will then realize that we are doing QE, because QE is an OMO, and is exactly what we are doing right now. AHAHAHAH!!! So let's here it Village idiot...

, but 99% of Americans couldn’t explain what QE is, let alone how it has inflated asset prices and screwed the lower and middle class savers.
Yeah pretty much.

Pussy.
SO all this just because you can't admit they are doing QE, because you are just a partisan hack and your undying cultist love of Trump prevents you from admitting we are doing QE4 because that makes Trump look a little bad. Sad. Everybody has said it's QE but a handful of Trump cultist all because they can't admit that their fuhrer needs some QE.

Here's a tip stay out of the markets, they aren't for you, you will lose all your money because you will invest/trade based on politics. You must have lost all your money in 08/09 and then you probably didn't buy in at the bottom again in 09 because of political bias. Typical right wing stupidity.

That is QE. QE is a form of open market operations, a larger and more aggressive AND DEFINED form. Standard OMO occurs constantly and is used to tweak the yield curve to the desired ranges, and increase liquidity, but was not enough to calm the overnight market so they had to upgrade to QE or QE light (because it is not nearly as big as QE 1-3). When the Fed defines a clear and set amount of larger asset purchases that falls under QE. When the Fed says they are going to purchase $60B month for 6-9 months that is QE, where as standard OMO is smaller and not a defined program/plan.

If you ever want to be considered intelligent then you have to... act that way. Denying that we are doing QE (for political reasons), and trying to pass it off as simple OMO or Repos shows you have no clue what QE is, What Repos are, and what standard OMOs are, and it makes you look stupid. Your stupidity is on display. Next time you want to debate me you better come correct with your facts, I knew you had a lack of understanding of finance and economics when you tried to explain the Great recession, in which you also had no clue WTF you were talking about.

If every single POMO is QE, then absolutely, this is QE. Not QE4, but you won't explain when the first asset purchase was, it was way before 2008, right?

I knew you had a lack of understanding of finance and economics when you tried to explain the Great recession

You mean when I explained multiple causes and you whined because your cause was.....Bush? LOL!

Wow you still don't understand the difference between QE and OMOs.
QE is an open market operation, but not every OMO is QE, Duh... Go reread my post then maybe finally you will get it, but I doubt it.

There you go making up lies again, per usual. How come every time you get stumped you lie or selectively edit my posts? Your failed explanation and my proper explanation are there for all to see, go reread it. I guess it is easier for you to just lie than admit fault, PER USUAL.

Explaining this stuff to you is like trying to educate an incompetent child, hence your name Village idiot.
At least you finally have admitted that this is QE, because you stupidly and stubornly tried to say it was not maybe 100 times.
:abgg2q.jpg:

You can have the last word:

(Insert your childish response here)

It's QE on steroids.

PS Obama didn't do QE the Fed did it, as the Fed is doing QE now...

Hmm why would they need to do QE?

Natural Citizen already stated the reasons why, which is my OP.

Last edited:
Yeah pretty much.

Pussy.

Wow you still don't understand the difference between QE and OMOs.
QE is an open market operation, but not every OMO is QE, Duh... Go reread my post then maybe finally you will get it, but I doubt it.

There you go making up lies again, per usual. How come every time you get stumped you lie or selectively edit my posts? Your failed explanation and my proper explanation are there for all to see, go reread it. I guess it is easier for you to just lie than admit fault, PER USUAL.

Explaining this stuff to you is like trying to educate an incompetent child, hence your name Village idiot.
At least you finally have admitted that this is QE, because you stupidly and stubornly tried to say it was not maybe 100 times.
:abgg2q.jpg:

You can have the last word:

(Insert your childish response here)
Go reread my post then maybe finally you will get it, but I doubt it.

The previous post where you said every asset purchase is QE?

It's QE on steroids.

PS Obama didn't do QE the Fed did it, as the Fed is doing QE now...

Natural Citizen already stated the reasons why, which is my OP.

Why did they do it in 2012?

The economy is booming!!! As the Trumpers like to say, even though the economic data is practically the same as Obama's and the deficit has exploded again, almost doubling Obama's 2016 annual deficit of $587 to over $1 Trillion, with deficits projected to be way over $1 T next yr and beyond.

But that massive increase in deficit spending is not enough to prop up our fiat economy we also need another round of QE!!!

We all heard the Trumpers whine and cry about QE under Obama, but I'm sure 99% of them won't cry now...

Now why would the greatest economy of all time need quantitative easing, on top of all the increase in deficit spending?

The FED was supposed to be reducing its balance sheet instead it is greatly expanding it to the tune of hundreds of Billions. They also expect QE4 to last at least until Q2 of next year.

If you took away Trump's massive deficit spending and this latest QE 4 we would be in recession.

You do realize we will have to pay for this some day right??

Now we see why trump had to declare bankruptcy so many times...

But hey we've got a "booming economy" don't we!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Fed Pumps $70.1 Billion in One-Day Liquidity Into Financial Markets
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4295640-hello-qe4-and-damage-brings

I agree with most of what you say regarding the economy and QE, however the latest round of QE was the Feds decision, not Trumps. Just as all the rounds of QE previously were the Feds doing and not BO’s.

To be fair, Trump has publicly insisted that the Fed keeps the rates artificially low, which undermines the whole notion of a booming economy he and his minions try to advance.

Trump also likes to brag about the sky high stock market which is partial bloated because of the ridiculously low interest rates. Classic- investors chasing returns! There will be a day of reckoning and Trump better pray that day is after the 2020 election.
I know it's the Fed's decision. The point is that if we have a supposed booming economy then why does the Fed feel that we need another round of QE, something reserved for weak economies? Also Trump's massive deficits and now this latest round of QE are the only thing propping the economy up, we have no real organic growth.

The point is that if we have a supposed booming economy then why does the Fed feel that we need another round of QE,

Because it's not QE.
Because the new bank rules mean they're hoarding their $1.4 trillion in excess reserves, instead of lending them overnight to other banks.
Oh yeah? Which rules? And why were they lending to other banks a few months ago, but not now? I'm always fascinated to learn about my own profession from anonymous internet experts.

Oh yeah? Which rules?

Randal Quarles, the Federal Reserve’s point man on banking supervision, appeared to side with JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPM, +1.49% CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday, saying some of the rules put in place in the aftermath of the financial crisis contributed to the recent turmoil seen in short-term lending markets........

The postcrisis regulation was intended to make banks indifferent on whether they complied with short-term capital requirements with reserves they park at the central bank or with other short-term securities like Treasurys, Quarles said.

But in practice, the Fed’s rules seem to have had an unintended consequence of putting “a thumb on the scale for central bank reserves,” to meet the requirements, Quarles said.

Banks have an estimated $1.4 trillion in excess reserves parked at the Fed, according to a in a blog post in the Yale Journal of Regulation about repo lending. In mid-September, the Fed was surprised that banks didn’t use some of these reserves to lend to other financial institutions facing funding shortages.

Fed’s Quarles agrees with JPMorgan CEO Dimon on cause of repo-market turmoil

Forum List

Back