The greatest economy in modern history , THANK YOU TRUMP!

Outlook for the US economy and stock market brightens

Hey obama hows that magic wand!??? Lol you IDIOT!
Which part of "modern" history are you looking at?
I think I understand clearly.. do you have something to add snowflake?
The economy was better before in history but I wouldn't expect you to understand..
Ummm ok
Yeah as far a great measures it was great..

Outlook for the US economy and stock market brightens

Hey obama hows that magic wand!??? Lol you IDIOT!
The economy was better before in history but I wouldn't expect you to understand..
Ummm ok
So you don’t like blacks working?

Trump is tracking lower than Obama on the debt. Obama ran up more 2% more debt in his last two years than Trump is in his first two years, and that's in nominal terms. In inflation adjusted dollars, Obama's debt increase is over 6% higher..
...U.S. economy lost 304,000 over last two months...
We had 150,643k payroll jobs in Feb and $151,095k in April, that's a gain of 452,000 on payrolls over the last two months.

fredgraph.png

...Average Weekly Earnings dropped in April...
Actually, it looks like they increased.

fredgraph.png

...2019 Q1 GDP growth much weaker than it looks...
No it isn't.
...The DOW is down about 1,000 points so far in May and the futures for today are down 350 points
@DJ.1: Dow Jones Fut (Jun'19) - Stock Quote and News - CNBC...
So what? We buy the dips, not the all time highs!
...The Employment-Population Ratio (the real unemployment rate - IMO) has been flat since October and is still far below (low is bad, btw) what it was before the Great Recession.
latest_numbers_LNS12300000_2007_2019_all_period_M04_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
That's why the inflation hawks are out of their goards. The American worker made up very little ground under Obama and they are finally starting to make up some badly needed ground under Trump, but, we are still very early in that process.

Trump is tracking lower than Obama on the debt. Obama ran up more 2% more debt in his last two years than Trump is in his first two years, and that's in nominal terms. In inflation adjusted dollars, Obama's debt increase is over 6% higher..
We had 150,643k payroll jobs in Feb and $151,095k in April, that's a gain of 452,000 on payrolls over the last two months.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

...2019 Q1 GDP growth much weaker than it looks
No it isn't.
...The DOW is down about 1,000 points so far in May and the futures for today are down 350 points
...The Employment-Population Ratio (the real unemployment rate - IMO) has been flat since October and is still far below (low is bad, btw) what it was before the Great Recession.

That's why the inflation hawks are out of their goards. The American worker made up very little ground under Obama and they are finally starting to make up some badly needed ground under Trump, but, we are still very early in that process.

I am not going to get into some massive, multi-quote debate...that always leads to a complete mess. And you have to provide links to your stats or it is too time consuming to look them up, please.

Debt - Obama was yesterday - and his deficits were ridiculous as is. Trump is today...and he is on pace for a $900+ billion dollar deficit...that would be by FAR (to my knowledge) the highest for a fully positive GDP year ever. That is bad.
Jobs - according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on) America lost 304,000 jobs over the last two months. You cannot quote the U-3 and then ignore the survey it is based on...that makes no sense. You are comparing apples and oranges.
Average Weekly Earnings - again, apples and oranges. Which is more important - your hourly pay or what you take home? The latter obviously. And that was down last month. I am not saying it will continue...but last month it WAS down.
Q1 GDP is not was strong as it looks - I showed why with stats. You don't like them - take them up with the author of the article I linked to.
DOW dropping - buying the dips is your justification for that? Well, then you can justify ANY equity loss in history then. That's pretty weak, IMO.
The Employment-Population Ratio - again, no idea why you are talking about Obama. He has been gone for over two years. And what do you mean early in the process? It has been over two years with Trump and the P-E Ratio has been stalled since October.
And btw - the P-E Ratio has not grown faster since Trump took office AT ALL.

Finally, Trump called for lower rates and even asked for QE. That is a desperate move that a POTUS would ONLY do if they were desperate for growth. QE is considered a near-last ditch effort.

Trump calls on Fed to cut rates by 1% and urges more quantitative easing

There is NO WAY that the economy is doing great if the POTUS is asking the Fed for lower rates AND QE
(unless he/she is a COMPLETE imbecile on macroeconomics).

Last edited:

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

No it isn't.

I am not going to get into some massive, multi-quote debate...that always leads to a complete mess. And you have to provide links to your stats or it is too time consuming to look them up, please.

Debt - Obama was yesterday - and his deficits were ridiculous as is. Trump is today...and he is on pace for a $900+ billion dollar deficit...that would be by FAR (to my knowledge) the highest for a fully positive GDP year ever. That is bad...
Well still. You have a starting point and then you work to improve it.

In Obama's last 843 days, he ran up $2,123,233,174,478.60 in debt.
Over Trump's first 843 days he run up $2,080,458,937,480.70 an improvement. And with the increase in GDP, our debt as a percentage of GDP has improved by several points. Trump has clearly improved the debt position of the United States, he has improved it in both of his first two years and he is on track to improve it further in his 3rd year. Give the man time to work. Hell, he;s even donating his salary to charity, for heaven's sake.

- according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on) America lost 304,000 jobs over the last two months. You cannot quote the U-3 and then ignore the survey it is based on...that makes no sense. You are comparing apples and oranges...
Well, according to the Payroll report, we gained 452k jobs over the last two months, you can't just ignore that, it makes no sense.
...Average Weekly Earnings - again, apples and oranges. Which is more important - your hourly pay or what you take home? The latter obviously. And that was down last month. I am not saying it will continue...but last month it WAS down....
It was also a month that included the Easter Holiday, I imagine some folks took a few extra days off.
...Q1 GDP is not was strong as it looks - I showed why with stats. You don't like them - take them up with the author of the article I linked to...
So what? There is a set formula, the current GDP was dealt with in exactly the same manner as the previous GDP's it was compared to, and it was 3.2% stronger, and very solid number. Especially after all the fear mongering that it would be a flat or negative quarter due to the shut down, the typical nonsense, then when we get the hard numbers, it's the best first quarter in 4 years.
...DOW dropping - buying the dips is your justification for that? Well, then you can justify ANY equity loss in history then. That's pretty weak, IMO...
Do YOU buy the All Time Highs or the dips? Who in their right mind buys the All Time Highs rather than the dips?
...The Employment-Population Ratio - again, no idea why you are talking about Obama. He has been gone for over two years....
Thank goodness, because while he was President, we lost a LOT of ground in middle America, though government workers did pretty well. Now we are finally making up some ground, but, there is much more ground to be made up and the Trump Presidency is still young.

screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-10.01.53-pm.png

Blue-collar workers are seeing stronger wage gains as well, with weekly wages for goods-producing jobs up $70 under Trump (a 7% increase), compared with $39 under Obama (a 4% bump).

The Blue-Collar Jobs Boom Nobody Seems To Notice (Because It’s Happening Under Trump)

Last edited:
My goodness. You're fully indoctrinated, aren't you?
With facts yes

Oh...you like facts?

Then you might LOVE these:

Deficit on pace for $900+ billion
https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

No it isn't.

Debt - Obama was yesterday - and his deficits were ridiculous as is. Trump is today...and he is on pace for a $900+ billion dollar deficit...that would be by FAR (to my knowledge) the highest for a fully positive GDP year ever. That is bad...
Well still. You have a starting point and then you work to improve it.

In Obama's last 843 days, he ran up $2,123,233,174,478.60 in debt.
Over Trump's first 843 days he run up $2,080,458,937,480.70 an improvement. And with the increase in GDP, our debt as a percentage of GDP has improved by several points. Trump has clearly improved the debt position of the United States, he has improved it in both of his first two years and he is on track to improve it further in his 3rd year. Give the man time to work. Hell, he;s even donating his salary to charity, for heaven's sake.

- according to the Household Survey (which the U-3 is based on) America lost 304,000 jobs over the last two months. You cannot quote the U-3 and then ignore the survey it is based on...that makes no sense. You are comparing apples and oranges...
Well, according to the Payroll report, we gained 452k jobs over the last two months, you can't just ignore that, it makes no sense.
...Average Weekly Earnings - again, apples and oranges. Which is more important - your hourly pay or what you take home? The latter obviously. And that was down last month. I am not saying it will continue...but last month it WAS down....
It was also a month that included the Easter Holiday, I imagine some folks took a few extra days off.
...Q1 GDP is not was strong as it looks - I showed why with stats. You don't like them - take them up with the author of the article I linked to...
So what? There is a set formula, the current GDP was dealt with in exactly the same manner as the previous GDP's it was compared to, and it was 3.2% stronger, and very solid number. Especially after all the fear mongering that it would be a flat or negative quarter due to the shut down, the typical nonsense, then when we get the hard numbers, it's the best first quarter in 4 years.
...DOW dropping - buying the dips is your justification for that? Well, then you can justify ANY equity loss in history then. That's pretty weak, IMO...
Do YOU buy the All Time Highs or the dips? Who in their right mind buys the All Time Highs rather than the dips?
...The Employment-Population Ratio - again, no idea why you are talking about Obama. He has been gone for over two years....
Thank goodness, because while he was President, we lost a LOT of ground in middle America, though government workers did pretty well. Now we are finally making up some ground, but, there is much more ground to be made up and the Trump Presidency is still young.

screen-shot-2019-05-12-at-10.01.53-pm.png

Blue-collar workers are seeing stronger wage gains as well, with weekly wages for goods-producing jobs up $70 under Trump (a 7% increase), compared with $39 under Obama (a 4% bump).

The Blue-Collar Jobs Boom Nobody Seems To Notice (Because It’s Happening Under Trump)

Deficit - no idea what you are talking about. My stat is from the Treasury.
https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/files/reports-statements/mts/mts.pdf

Jobs - It is not called the 'Payroll Report'. It is called the Establishment Survey. And it has NOTHING to do with the U-3. Plus, it is modified with a math formula (the Birth/Death model) every month. So the released numbers are modified - not 'raw'. The Household Survey is not (to my knowledge).
Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted
CES Net Birth/Death Model
I do not trust the Establishment Survey numbers due to the silly Birth/Death Model.

Average Weekly Earnings - I am not going to argue about a fact. The fact is that the Average Weekly Earnings were down in April...period. If you have a problem with it - I suggest you take it up with the BLS.

2019 Q1 GDP was heavily weighted to inventory builds - it's not an indicative number. You are trying to spin it. I am not interested in spinning...all I care about is the facts I presented.
The U.S. economy is “undeniably cooling” despite strong GDP growth, analysts say
Strong 3.2% GDP Growth in Q1 Creates Confusion for Bulls and Bears Alike

DOW drop - I have no idea (nor much care ) what you are going on about dips and such. The fact remains the DOW has lost over 1,500 points in May. And I know no respected economist who would say that is good news for an economy.

The Employment-Population Ratio - the statistic stands and are 100% accurate.

I am talking about major statistics - jobs, earnings, GDP growth, equity movements and Employment-Population ratios.
It is obvious you are trying to spin the economy to make Trump look good. I mention major stats and you ignore/spin them and throw some stat about blue collar workers out instead.
Whereas I have ZERO political bias (I despise both parties and will NEVER vote for either one). I believe in free enterprise, free trade, no central bank and zero government involvement in the economy.

Either please prove the stats I post are erroneous or we are done here, for now.

And since you cannot (since they are all based on government sources)...we are done here (for now).

Good day.

Ummm ok
So you don’t like blacks working?
I don't care who works as long as I can watch...

Jitss617, post: 22368294
Haha he said Obama lol

Can’t answer the questions. What wrong?

So where do you get the idea that TrumpO has produced an economy that is any better or greater that Obama’s economy?
Because I follow the facts.. shack shack 30 hour a week jobs were great under Obama... now wages are 27 an hour under trump, the Obama care held employers back from investing.. his tax cuts and demolished Obama care kicked the economy in high gear.

Haha he said Obama lol

So where do you get the idea that TrumpO has produced an economy that is any better or greater that Obama’s economy?
Because I follow the facts.. shack shack 30 hour a week jobs were great under Obama... now wages are 27 an hour under trump, the Obama care held employers back from investing.. his tax cuts and demolished Obama care kicked the economy in high gear.

Hey bartender, economies are measured by GDP growth.

So where is your link that shows that this economy’s GDP growth is better then any other one in history?

This one shows Trump’s economy is one of the worst ever.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Haha he said Obama lol

So where is your link that shows that this economy’s GDP growth is better then any other one in history?

So you are not happy with thjs economy? Best ever in the history of America?? Lol hahah more people working haha

Haha he said Obama lol

So you are not happy with thjs economy? Best ever in the history of America?? Lol hahah more people working haha
Well duh there are more people working...there are more Americans then ever...so naturally there will be more of them working then ever.

Again...duh.

But economies are primarily measured by GDP growth.

And Trump’s GDP growth is not even in the top 5 for POTUS GDP growth since Ike?

True or false, please?

Haha he said Obama lol

Well duh there are more people working...there are more Americans then ever...so naturally there will be more of them working then ever.

Again...duh.

True or false, please?

Every economist even Obama said “we will never see 3% gdp again” and trump has destroyed them lol
Absolutely amazing.. wages up are, most people ever working, lowest black unemployment.. WOW.. we are so lucky .. absolutely unbelievable

Jitss617, post: 22368294 Can’t answer the questions. What wrong?

Again...duh.

True or false, please?

Every economist even Obama said “we will never see 3% gdp again” and trump has destroyed them lol
Absolutely amazing.. wages up are, most people ever working, lowest black unemployment.. WOW.. we are so lucky .. absolutely unbelievable

LOL...really, middle-aged bartender?

And where is this link that shows that ‘every economist has said we will never see 3% GDP again’?

And you do realize 2019 Q1 was 3.2%.

Funny, last I looked, 3.2% was higher then 3%.

Again...duh.

True or false, please?

And where is this link that shows that ‘every economist has said we will never see 3% GDP again’?

Lol obama said it hahaha.. remember “ what does he have a magic wand” lol hahahahhaha he does ask his wife haha
Lowest African American unemployment. Wages are up, more manufacturing, DEREGULATION BABY!

Wow this is incredible

Again...duh.

True or false, please?

Lol obama said it hahaha.. remember “ what does he have a magic wand” lol hahahahhaha he does ask his wife haha
Lowest African American unemployment. Wages are up, more manufacturing, DEREGULATION BABY!

Wow this is incredible

You said 'Every economist' and Obama is not an economist, Mr. middle-aged bartender.

So where is this link that shows that 'every' economist says 'we will never see 3% GDP again'?

I guarantee that you can provide no such link and that means you just made that up and are thus a liar.

Forum List

Back