The Great Sex Drug

cad

Jul 28, 2010
My brother in-law works for Merck, and he told me about this drug they have in development, we'll call it Pill A. Here's a run-down on the key components:

Pros-gives an intense "body high" lasting from a few seconds to, in rare instances, a few hour. It has been shown to relieve stress, boosts immunity, burn calories, improve cardiovascular health and can increase self-esteem.

Common side effects (which can last from a matter of days to the rest of the users life) - painful urination, testicular pain, vaginal/penis discharge, vaginal odor, vaginal itching, fever, headache, soar throat, rash fatigue, and in some instances cancer and death.

It is recommended that Pill A be taken with a second pill, Pill B. Many test users have complained that Pill B lessens the "high" of Pill A, and consequently choose not to take it. Not taking Pill B increases the risk of negative side effects.

Merck's research has shown that 1/2 the participants will experience some of the negative side effects at some point of their usage.

Knowing just these facts, is there anyway the FDA would allow that drug to be used or marketed to children?

Sounds like zoloft. Or any of a dozen other anti-depressants that are prescribed for kids for alleged "disorders".

Wiat..I mean zyprexa.
No, zoloft.
Shit, I get those two mixed up. I think it's zyprexa.

My brother in-law works for Merck, and he told me about this drug they have in development, we'll call it Pill A. Here's a run-down on the key components:

Pros-gives an intense "body high" lasting from a few seconds to, in rare instances, a few hour. It has been shown to relieve stress, boosts immunity, burn calories, improve cardiovascular health and can increase self-esteem.

Common side effects (which can last from a matter of days to the rest of the users life) - painful urination, testicular pain, vaginal/penis discharge, vaginal odor, vaginal itching, fever, headache, soar throat, rash fatigue, and in some instances cancer and death.

It is recommended that Pill A be taken with a second pill, Pill B. Many test users have complained that Pill B lessens the "high" of Pill A, and consequently choose not to take it. Not taking Pill B increases the risk of negative side effects.

Merck's research has shown that 1/2 the participants will experience some of the negative side effects at some point of their usage.

Knowing just these facts, is there anyway the FDA would allow that drug to be used or marketed to children?

Sounds like one could get the same benefits from an 8-ball of cocaine and a diseased hooker. Why would you administer a sex drug to children? That' sick!

That sounds like just the kind of crap a crap company like Merck would try to push on a stupid populace hellbent on instant gratification.

well here's the story. it's not a pill, it's sex itself.

a short high (with numerous health benefits) that comes with a shitload of possibly horrific side-effects. not to mention the whole pregnancy thing.

if you frame the argument in terms of a drug, no one in their right mind would say anyone under the age of 18 should be allowed to take it. the idea of actually marketing it to teenage girls, the ones with the most to lose, would be met with outrage.

yet, because it's "only sex" we let it slide that our youth is bombarded with images promoting it's "use"

I had oxycontin once when my foot was broken into pieces and I was pretty sure at the time that if I had 1 of those every day I wouldn't need sex again, LOL.

Sex gives you cancer?!

... I somehow do not feel dissuaded. =\

Sex gives you cancer?!

... I somehow do not feel dissuaded. =\

Practicing unsafe sex can increase your risk of developing a virus called HPV. HPV is a group of over 100 viruses, medically known as human papillioma virus. HPV increases your risk factor for cervical, anal, vulvar and vaginal cancer.

Forum List

Back