The Great Reset, Long Overdue, May Now Have Arrived

AdvancingTime

Feb 8, 2015
America and countries all across the globe have postponed dealing with our real issues in what constitutes a massive failure on the part of leaders and political systems everywhere. True tax reform, real healthcare reform, real Social Security and pension reform, how to balance trade while increasing global competitiveness, as well as addressing long-term sustainability have all been subverted.
It is very possible that the recent market action is a sign that something bigger is underway and that we have entered the period that may someday be referred to as "The Great Reset." It is prudent to ask whether we have started a major reset of asset valuations and if so how might this unfold? So far the market could be described as "concerned" and no real panic has surfaced but some of us see this as the period where after decades of Modern Monetary Theory the world reverts back to the tried and true. More on this in the article below.

Advancing Time: The Great Reset, Long Overdue, May Now Have Arrived

Eventuallky the market will be the decider. Not the fed. Not the government.

And we're there now. This time it won't just affect the poor. This time it's going to affect everyone.

Eventuallky the market will be the decider. Not the fed. Not the government.

And we're there now. This time it won't just affect the poor. This time it's going to affect everyone.
/——-/ Not all of us. Some of us know how to make money in a declining market and are sitting on a bundle of cash.

I agree that it is inevitable. And I think - in the long run - it will be a VERY, good thing for humanity.

But I am not sure we are there yet.

As the Bank of Japan has shown over the past couple of decades, central banks have almost unlimited resources and creativity when it comes to keeping a bubble alive.

The Fed could lower rates, re-start QE, start buying stocks directly (as the BoJ is doing) or even start to buy corporations (like when the Fed - in essence - bought AIG, the then largest insurance company in the world).

And, so long as all the major economies in the world keep devaluing their currencies at the same rate...inflation will not hit as currencies relative valuations compared to other major currencies will not change much.

I fear that as long as markets look to the major banks for their monetary heroin and refuse to give it up, this bubble could have a long way to go...a VERY long way.

Forum List

Back