The Great Paper Clip Debate

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Federal regulators are hard at work making the world a safer place for kids -- starting with the threat posed by toxic paper clips

Never heard of a toxic paper clip? Neither have the manufacturers of science kits for classrooms across the country.

But they're now locked in a debate with federal officials, who just moved a step closer to requiring costly new safety tests on the components of those kits.

The kit makers warn the requirements could end up mandating pointless tests on components ranging from paper clips to nails to rulers.

"There's never been a problem with lead or anything in any of these products,"

FOXNews.com - Science Kit Makers Battle Feds Over Safety Tests on Paper Clips

"Costly new safety tests". Good goin feds. Schools are broke. Maybe we can lay off a few more teachers to pay for this nonsense, or we can eliminate science experiments altogether.

This kinda stuff boils my blood.

Here's an idea guys. How about a label? WARNING - DON'T EAT THE PAPER CLIPS!!!!

Federal regulators are hard at work making the world a safer place for kids -- starting with the threat posed by toxic paper clips

Never heard of a toxic paper clip? Neither have the manufacturers of science kits for classrooms across the country.

But they're now locked in a debate with federal officials, who just moved a step closer to requiring costly new safety tests on the components of those kits.

The kit makers warn the requirements could end up mandating pointless tests on components ranging from paper clips to nails to rulers.

"Costly new safety tests". Good goin feds. Schools are broke. Maybe we can lay off a few more teachers to pay for this nonsense, or we can eliminate science experiments altogether.

WARNING - DON'T EAT THE PAPER CLIPS!!!! SERIOUS OR PERMANENT DAMAGE OR DEATH CAN OCCUR IF UNRAVELED CLIPS ARE STUCK IN EYE OR FIRMLY IN SKIN. DO NOT PUT CLIPS INTO ELECTRICAL SOCKET. DO NOT PUT PAPERCLIPS ON RAILROAD TRACKS WHEN A TRAIN IS APPROACHING. IF PAPERCLIPS FALL INTO AN OPERATING BLENDER OR GARBAGE DISPOSAL, DO NOT RETRIEVE THEM BEFORE POWERING OFF BLENDER OR GARBAGE DISPOSAL.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but if we put our heads together, I bet we can come up with a safety label and save much taxpayer money.

Last edited:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

And don't tell anyone si, but rumor has it that some science teachers in my school allow the students to experiment with dangerous chemicals and even electricity. Imagine if a student drank some HCl and attached an electric probe to his genitals?

It's all about the children... :cuckoo:

Operation Paperclip
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Paperclip was the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program used to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany for employment by the United States in the aftermath of World War II (1939–45). It was executed by the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA), and in the context of the burgeoning Soviet–American Cold War (1945–91), one purpose of Operation Paperclip was to deny German scientific knowledge and expertise to the USSR[1] and the UK.[2]

Its the jews.

WARNING - DON'T EAT THE PAPER CLIPS!!!! SERIOUS OR PERMANENT DAMAGE OR DEATH CAN OCCUR IF UNRAVELED CLIPS ARE STUCK IN EYE OR FIRMLY IN SKIN. DO NOT PUT CLIPS INTO ELECTRICAL SOCKET. DO NOT PUT PAPERCLIPS ON RAILROAD TRACKS WHEN A TRAIN IS APPROACHING. IF PAPERCLIPS FALL INTO AN OPERATING BLENDER OR GARBAGE DISPOSAL, DO NOT RETRIEVE THEM BEFORE POWERING OFF BLENDER OR GARBAGE DISPOSAL.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but if we put our heads together, I bet we can come up with a safety label and save much taxpayer money.

Ding ding ding I think you're onto something Si Modo. If it doesn't already exist together we can create the next set of Dummies books title "Common Sense For Dummies"

Last edited by a moderator:

And don't tell anyone si, but rumor has it that some science teachers in my school allow the students to experiment with dangerous chemicals and even electricity. Imagine if a student drank some HCl and attached an electric probe to his genitals?

One of my science teachers lit himself on fire by accident once.

I suppose we should outlaw fire as well?

When I was in High School, my science teacher got pregnant by the football coach. They had to get married... Maybe there should have been a warning label.

Ever see a Shop teacher with all his fingers?

Whats so dangerous about a paper clip?

cribdarts9gp.jpg

And yet the left demands more of this. they can always raise taxes agian.

Ever see a Shop teacher with all his fingers?

I didn't have many, but none of them were missing anything, well one was bald.

Forum List

Back