The Great Liberal Expriment?

I've heard the argument that democrat segregationists and racists were actually republicans in disguise but history indicates that they were democrats who voted for democrats who voted for segregation and other democrat issues. The liberal media which turned on a dime from racist to plantation manager is responsible for the democrat party's fake history.

It was also Northern Democrats who fought for Civil Rights along with Northern Republicans. It was not a Democratic/Republican issue, it was a North/South Issue

There were no Southern Republicans who supported civil rights

Wrong... er somewhat correct in an odd way...

Well, which is it?

Besides even if you were right, you would have just screwed yourself there.

?

Not sure what this means, but this has nothing to do with me being ‘right,’ I’m simply citing the current case law.

If what you said WAS true, then per the Tenth Amendment prop 8 passed therefore it is law and therefore civil unions would violate the direct democratically passed law that was Prop 8.

The 10th Amendment refers to the rights of both the states and the people, it does not authorize the states to violate the rights of its citizens even if a majority of the state’s citizens vote to do so, that is in violation of the rule of law. See again, West Virginia Board of Education vs. Barnette. As noted in the cited ruling, the 14th Amendment also prohibits the states from violating their citizens’ rights – requiring equal access and due process of the law.
Kinda like pissing in the wind... eh??

Not sure what that means, either – but we have established that marriage is a civil right, that there is no rational basis or compelling governmental interest to violate the rights of same sex couples in this regard, and that singling out a specific class of persons and excluding them from a given state law is indeed un-Constitutional.

I've heard the argument that democrat segregationists and racists were actually republicans in disguise but history indicates that they were democrats who voted for democrats who voted for segregation and other democrat issues. The liberal media which turned on a dime from racist to plantation manager is responsible for the democrat party's fake history.

It was also Northern Democrats who fought for Civil Rights along with Northern Republicans. It was not a Democratic/Republican issue, it was a North/South Issue

Asinine comparisons. Political landscapes of the past and the technology that existed with them are not comparable to the reality of today. These type of arguments revolve around incorrectly assigning stances to your enemy and then attacking them without regard to the fact that there is no substance to it.

Hmm, like a straw man…

I see.

Consequently the source of the ‘report’ is a conservative think tank, its ‘findings’ predicated on subjective partisan dogma, not a legal or Constitutional basis for ‘rights’ and ‘freedoms.’

Rate this thread a Fail.

you know that... and i know that... but for the right the confirmation bias looms large. ....

because the koch family must have their best interests at heart. right?

Last edited:

“I’ll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.” -- LBJ, Democrat, after passage of Ike's Civil Rights Bill that he fought against for 7 years as Senator, then passes as his own.

LBJ was a Democrat, right?

I see.

Consequently the source of the ‘report’ is a conservative think tank, its ‘findings’ predicated on subjective partisan dogma, not a legal or Constitutional basis for ‘rights’ and ‘freedoms.’

Rate this thread a Fail.

you know that... and i know that... but for the right the confirmation bias looms large. ....

because the koch family must have their best interests at heart. right?

There is no one here. We are all empty vessels awating instruction from our benign captors. We, children, must obey the Learned Ones. Thank you, Masters, for taking our ill gotten money and dispersing it amongst the most/least/somewhat needy. Thank you. Oh Lords.
Thank you.
Without Your Devine Intervention we would not know our way. Please, take all of me. I am nothing without giving mine to You and Yourz.
Oooh, I have a cold now. My fault. Much apologies.
I'll die quickly so that your Reign of Shite may flourish and my Brethren may live forever from the Fruit of My Looms.
Your Genius is so Apparent. Only Fools would question it.
Is that Toe Cheese for me? Thank you. Thank you. I'll look away as that Donkey does whatever it is that it's doing to your collective. . .OMG :eek:

LMAO You are a fvcking idiot

Democrats start the KKK and opposed Civil Rights for years. Republicans wrote the 1st civil rights bill that was voted down by Dems. Our forefathers would dispise today's liberals. Social Security has proven to be a very bad idea and is going bankrupt. The Republicans promoted women suffrage and defended the rights of women to get equal pay for equal work.

Another moron who can't tell the difference between liberalism/conservatism and political parties

You need to do more than listen to Rush

You need to learn history....

The KKK was like the modern ACORN of the democratic party for nearly 100 years. Of course then it was LBJ that decided it was better to use blacks for their vote instead of hanging them... Hell, LBJ even said - and I quote: "I'll have every ****** voting democrat for the next century."

Of course liberals will ignore that because they believe whatever they believe it the truth and documented facts and history don't mean a fucking thing.

The Democratic Party was where all the conservatives were until the 60's. When the blacks moved into the Democratic Party, Confederate Conservative White Wingers fled and joined up with the Republican Party. But they used to belong to the Democratic Party.

Historically, instead of "Democrats and Republicans", it's really all about "Liberals and Conservatives". Historically, Conservatives have always been against human rights, against gay rights, against education, against science, against discovery and exploration. It's why they are called "conservatives". They are afraid of "change".

“I’ll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.” -- LBJ, Democrat, after passage of Ike's Civil Rights Bill that he fought against for 7 years as Senator, then passes as his own.

Nice try.....but that quote has never been substantiated.

But rightwing bloggers seem to love it

All our life is pnwed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ijFJIhzLc]YouTube - ‪Chomsky: Anarchism means choosing your oppression‬‏[/ame]

Thanks,
Unions
You pnwed our systemic risk.

May I take a piss now?
(Your Greed Bag is Safe--who can take it from you?)

:(

Last edited:

If someone eats their meat, they're gonna end up with sum pudding. Ahm jes sayin. (yes I know PF)

If someone eats their meat, they're gonna end up with sum pudding. Ahm jes sayin. (yes I know PF)

How can you have any pudding if ya don't eat your meat?

There's a reason I moved to Idaho.....from Ca. :eusa_whistle:

There's a reason why my Dad, born and raised in the once great state of Californai, also left. Because they were taxing him so much that he couldn't expand his business. Couldn't employ more Californians. So he moved. And now he can expand and employ more Americans.... in AZ.

you have said before that he owns a tour plane business.

That makes you a child of wealth deary

Forum List

Back