The Great Experiment is over.

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Who are Representatives beholden to? Discuss

fitzsimmons.jpg

57!!! Hey Frankie :) Preempted you LOL. BTW- the language is English. ;)

Last edited:
The Court has said that Money rules AGAIN. See: Citizens United for a primer ;)

Not sure why you seem to think the government should be able to tell people or groups of people what they can or cannot say about politicians.

The court ruling in the video game case was completely justified by the way. There are already age restrictions on games.

E=everyone like a g rating

T=teens like a pg13

M=mature like an r rated movie

Mature games require an id for anyone under the age of 17 or a parent must purchase

I don't get your problem as more laws as usual are not needed since the ones we have are completely adequate.

AND BY THE WAY THESE AGE RESTRICTIONS WERE SELF IMPOSED BY THE INDUSTRY. imagine that, a company not having to be told what was right or wrong

NEXT........

Last edited:

Not sure why you seem to think the government should be able to tell people or groups of people what they can or cannot say about politicians.

So you agree w/ Gingrich that $= speech? Therefore more $ = more speech. Who do you think your Rep is going to spend more time with, some blue collar worker, or any worker from his/her district for that matter, or a lobbyist from Exxon?

So you agree w/ Gingrich that $= speech? Therefore more $ = more speech. Who do you think your Rep is going to spend more time with, some blue collar worker, or any worker from his/her district for that matter, or a lobbyist from Exxon?

You really need to read the decision sometime. You honestly think that it should be illegal for a group of people to buy advertising criticizing a politician 60 or 90 days before an election?

You really need to read the decision sometime. You honestly think that it should be illegal for a group of people to buy advertising criticizing a politician 60 or 90 days before an election?
Ummm.....yes. :rolleyes: I don't want "the best government money can buy". Apparently, you do.

Well don't I feel like a big loaf tripping over my own feet. I stumbled into a thread and thought the initial graphic had relevance to the topic. Excuse me as I exit stage left before my stupidity becomes public knowledge.

Ummm.....yes. :rolleyes: I don't want "the best government money can buy". Apparently, you do.

So you want people silenced. Got you.

See that's my problem with it. You can't silence people

Let’s say there’s this person called America. Now, there’s a person standing next to America named Gop. Gop is holding a loaded gun to the side of America’s head, and is demanding that you hand over fifty puppies, or he’s going to shoot America in the head.

Like any sensible person, you hand over fifty puppies, because you don’t want to see America get shot in the head. Gop takes the puppies and America lives.

Now, a couple months later, Gop and America are at it again. I guess America is Gop’s mistress or something, I don’t really know. The difference is that this time, Gop has put all the puppies in a cage and wired it with explosives.

Gop is now demanding five hundred puppies. If Gop doesn’t get five hundred puppies, he’s going to shoot America in the head, and blow up the fifty puppies you already gave him.

Now let’s say you get all five hundred puppies and deliver them to Gop, and tell Gop that in exchange for these five hundred puppies, you would really appreciate it if Gop would hand over the detonator for the fifty puppies wired with explosives, and the gun he’s holding to the head of America.

Gop refuses. Gop now has a gun against America’s temple, the hammer is cocked, and he has fifty puppies wired with explosives, with an offer for five hundred more if he’ll just put down the gun and detonator.

The problem is that Gop can’t do that, because Teaparty, his former partner, is holding his wife, Reelection, hostage too. If Gop doesn’t get all the puppies, and keeps the gun and detonator, Teaparty is going to shoot Gop’s wife Reelection in the head.

Now, for this to untangle itself, someone has to die. Either Gop blows up the puppies and shoots America in the head because you won’t give in to their completely unreasonable demands, or America and the puppies live because Gop gave you the gun and detonator, but Teaparty killed Gop’s wife, Reelection.

There is a third and fourth way. Gop turns around and shoots Teaparty, sparing his wife, mistress, and puppies, or Gop shoots himself, thus freeing America and the puppies and leaving Teaparty out in the cold.

So really, it’s a double hostage situation. The Democrats are offering the world to the GOP to keep them from blowing it all up, but the GOP can’t take the deal because if they do, the Tea Party will go fucking nuts and everyone that votes for it will face a primary challenge.

David Brooks Boldly Acknowledges That His Political Party Is Insane

If the Republican Party were a normal party, it would take advantage of this amazing moment. It is being offered the deal of the century: trillions of dollars in spending cuts in exchange for a few hundred billion dollars of revenue increases.

But to members of this movement, tax levels are everything. Members of this tendency have taken a small piece of economic policy and turned it into a sacred fixation. They are willing to cut education and research to preserve tax expenditures. Manufacturing employment is cratering even as output rises, but members of this movement somehow believe such problems can be addressed so long as they continue to worship their idol.

SOURCE

It is rather amazing to see this playing out in Congress.

The GOP has won the compromise battle but it seems intent on losing the war by forcing the USA to renege on its debt obligations.

We can only imagine the damage this is doing to our longer term reputation in the rest of the economic world.

If you were the national economic advisor of a nation that was currently holding trillions of dollars in US debts, wouldn't you be advising your masters to slowly but surely back off on holding assets in USD debt instruments?

I can only conclude that their real agenda is to destroy the US economy.

I can only conclude this because I cannot believe that they are stupid enough to think this will be good for this nation in the longer run.

Forum List

Back