The govt. cannot legislate morality

George Phillip needs to clarify his remarks
If any-one feels that the troops that defend this country are murder's
then they need to move out
You've got a real gutless conception of free speech.

No I do not
The reason you have free speech is those heroes out there protecting it
you think Saddam would allow your free speech?
Taliban?
Now clarify your statement
what did you mean when you said heroes and murderers?
let see who has the guts now

Think its fucked up that you hide behind those freedom f speech rights and use the term Murderers and Heroes in the same breath

Clarify your point if you have the guts

George Phillip needs to clarify his remarks
If any-one feels that the troops that defend this country are murder's
then they need to move out

No I do not
Taliban?

Think its fucked up that you hide behind those freedom f speech rights and use the term Murderers and Heroes in the same breath

Neither Saddam nor the Taliban would have come to power without those controlling the heroes and murderers you worship. For hundreds of years conservatives have loyally served Power; those who do so are threats to free speech everywhere...ask Eugene V. Debs about that if you're confused.

No I do not
Taliban?

Neither Saddam nor the Taliban would have come to power without those controlling the heroes and murderers you worship. For hundreds of years conservatives have loyally served Power; those who do so are threats to free speech everywhere...ask Eugene V. Debs about that if you're confused.

you got no balls
spell it out so every one here that fought to protect your freedoms can know who and what you are
gutless?
your right to free speech was protected by the troops who gave it all in all wars just for you
spell it out
you scared?
what are you stating FOR THE RECORD BUD

No I do not
Taliban?

you got no balls
spell it out so every one here that fought to protect your freedoms can know who and what you are
gutless?
your right to free speech was protected by the troops who gave it all in all wars just for you
spell it out
you scared?
FOR THE RECORD, SLAVE

Those who kill for money aren't defending free speech.
They are killing for Wall Street and chicken shits like you.

you got no balls
gutless?
spell it out
you scared?
FOR THE RECORD, SLAVE

Those who kill for money aren't defending free speech.
They are killing for Wall Street and chicken shits like you.

Slave?
who is killing for money?
Wall street?
you a sick human being Georgephillip
after the events in Connecticut people like you will be looked at very hard as you should be
Good luck and go get some help before it is to late
your on ignore
God Bless all who gave it all for us, including doing it for you, there sacrifice allows you your freedoms
you need help, I pray you get it before it is to late

"Morality and politics

"If morality is the answer to the question 'how ought we to live' at the individual level, politics can be seen as addressing the same question at the social level. It is therefore unsurprising that evidence has been found of a relationship between attitudes in morality and politics.

"Jonathan Haidt and Jesse Graham have studied the differences between liberals and conservatives, in this regard.[31][32][33] Haidt found that Americans who identified as liberals tended to value care and fairness higher than loyalty, respect and purity.

"Self-identified conservative Americans valued care and fairness less and the remaining three values more.

"Both groups gave care the highest over-all weighting, but conservatives valued fairness the lowest, whereas liberals valued purity the lowest.

"Haidt also hypothesizes that the origin of this division in the United States can be traced to geohistorical factors, with conservatism strongest in closely knit, ethnically homogenous communities, in contrast to port-cities, where the cultural mix is greater, thus requiring more liberalism."

Morality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P;ease join me in praying for georgephillip and bring peace to those who care

GP you no longer are in a plce in which I have anything left to say to you

To start with there should have been a period of mourning before the MSNBC radicals wanted the govt to take another liberty away from us, but no chance with that bunch.
To start with this event and those like them such as a suicide bomber in the middle east as well as 9-11 are acts of terror
Home or abroad

What the liberal mind cannot grasp is you cannot legislate morality. As I understand it the guns where his mothers?
It is against the law to steal, a fact I am sure no one has mentioned

Simply put there where so many laws in place to prevent this event all ready. Limiting the ability for any of us to legally owning a fire arm is not going to stop any of this

We have over 300 million people in this great country. out of that about 3 of these nut jobs a year snap and as a suicide bomber in the middle east does, kills as many harmless and innocent people as they can.

God please be with these families in there time of need

The liberal mind?

Tell it to those who want to ban abortions, same-sex marriage and keep marijuana illegal.

And, if that's true (and I do agree with part of it) why not legalize murder?

To start with there should have been a period of mourning before the MSNBC radicals wanted the govt to take another liberty away from us, but no chance with that bunch.
To start with this event and those like them such as a suicide bomber in the middle east as well as 9-11 are acts of terror
Home or abroad

What the liberal mind cannot grasp is you cannot legislate morality. As I understand it the guns where his mothers?
It is against the law to steal, a fact I am sure no one has mentioned

Simply put there where so many laws in place to prevent this event all ready. Limiting the ability for any of us to legally owning a fire arm is not going to stop any of this

We have over 300 million people in this great country. out of that about 3 of these nut jobs a year snap and as a suicide bomber in the middle east does, kills as many harmless and innocent people as they can.

God please be with these families in there time of need

The liberal mind?

Tell it to those who want to ban abortions, same-sex marriage and keep marijuana illegal.

And, if that's true (and I do agree with part of it) why not legalize murder?

My point is simple
Where does it stop?
Murder is not part of the constitution
It is not a "right"

Look you cannot legislate morality
Of course murder should be illegal.
your not legislating morality by making murder illegal, your taking the scum bag who murders out of society
is that what we need to do with the millions who legally own a gun?
Do you really think there the same?
what does the legal ownership of a gun have to do with any of this?
Liberals think you legislate morality, Or should I say in some case legislate away morality
They think every problem that comes along the govt can fix with the taking away more of our rights?
Sandy Hook was a tragedy that had so many laws in place to prevent it is crazy to think another one would have stopped it

The government has no business legislating morality. When the people reject immorality the government has no place imposing immorality upon them. This includes abortion, same sex marriage and drug use.

The government has no business legislating morality. When the people reject immorality the government has no place imposing immorality upon them. This includes abortion, same sex marriage and drug use.

there is a huge difference in murder and what is in the constitution
the govt feels that taking away ones gun rights will stop a nut from killing
you cannot legislate that nut

Anyone else following this?!?! :eusa_eh: Allowing certain things isn't imposing anything on anybody.

Last edited:
P;ease join me in praying for georgephillip and bring peace to those who care

GP you no longer are in a plce in which I have anything left to say to you

Congratulations George. Once you've run circles around these type of moroonies they always claim victory and then pretend to run off and hide. Well done.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

my point was simple
The US govt cannot legislate people to do the right things
you wan to stop attacks on kids in the school?
secure the school

The guns used were stolen
The gun was a small piece of a number of events that led to this tragic event

Simply put
We need laws to punish those who break them, it does nothing to prevent them
the balance between out civil liberties as well as stopping a crime from occurring should be very clear to every-one
The freedom the press has to lie about W and BHO and his performance has done as much damage as most crimes in this country has
Think about it

I think it will be easy to reach consensus that government cannot write a law that causes people to be moral. It can only pass laws that seek to achieve the same outcome as if all people were collectively moral (for example, social welfare programs), or it can pass laws that create undesirable consequences for acting immorally (e.g. criminal justice).

If government does too much, it infringes on people's basic rights (life/liberty/property), and if it does too little, it fails to protect people's basic rights (life/liberty/property). Sometimes we are going to fail to protect some citizens (e.g. Sandy Hook kids) from other citizens (e.g. Lanza). But the first sign of evidence that we failed to protect the rights every last citizen does not mean that we should react in the opposite direction and infringe on the rights of every last citizen.

We must find a rational balance, not react on emotion. It goes back to Franklin's quote about surrendering essential liberty for temporary security and ending up with neither.

Last edited:
I think it will be easy to reach consensus that government cannot write a law that causes people to be moral. It can only pass laws that seek to achieve the same outcome as if all people were collectively moral (for example, social welfare programs), or it can pass laws that create undesirable consequences for acting immorally (e.g. criminal justice).

If government does too much, it infringes on people's basic rights (life/liberty/property), and if it does too little, it fails to protect people's basic rights (life/liberty/property). Sometimes we are going to fail to protect some citizens (e.g. Sandy Hook kids) from other citizens (e.g. Lanza). But the first sign of evidence that we failed to protect the rights every last citizen does not mean that we should react in the opposite direction and infringe on the rights of every last citizen.

We must find a rational balance, not react on emotion. It goes back to Franklin's quote about surrendering essential liberty for temporary security and ending up with neither.

nice

The govt. cannot legislate morality

What the liberal mind cannot grasp is you cannot legislate morality.
JEEZ!!! How old ARE you??!!!

323.png

We Libs have been saying that, for DECADES!!!!

It's "conservatives" who insist we (as a Nation) legislate morality, all-the-TIME!!!

Uh......BTW.......

*​

Tony+Perkins.jpg

Cant legislate morality? Then why, today, a Sunday in South Carolina, can I not buy beer, liquor, weed or have an abortion? But, I can buy an AK47.

Because that's what the people of S.C. want apparently... you don't like it?

Move.

Cant legislate morality? Then why, today, a Sunday in South Carolina, can I not buy beer, liquor, weed or have an abortion? But, I can buy an AK47.

Because that's what the people of S.C. want apparently... you don't like it?

Move.

Guns are local issues
The federal govt had their say in the 1700s
to amend that say takes an act of congress
Diane F deciding for me what is best for us in the north 50% of Florida has no more place than Rubio deciding for here contingent what is best for them

It is like gay marriage

I have never been one to decide how people live. What we do not need is another protected class
Two men wanting to get married is none of my business really, but it also is an event in which I have got to ask, is the anything left sacred?
legal union? okay
Man & Man Husband and Husband?
Sad

Forum List

Back