The Government silencing dissent

Are you really this obtuse?

But the language of the health care reform plan proposed by Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., explicitly labels the penalty attached to the mandate as an "excise tax."

Penalties for failing to obtain coverage would range from $750 to $3,800 under the plan. This is addressed in a section labeled: "Excise Tax."

"The excise tax would apply for any period for which the individual is not covered by a health insurance plan with the minimum required benefit," the Baucus plan says.

Tell me again that it isn't a tax. :rolleyes: Is the sand very grainy?

That's because you're quoting a Senate version of the bill that hasn't been approved by anyone yet, and was in fact drafted after Obama made his speech...

The "Baucus Bill" is not going to be used. You can count on it.

Are you going to pick and choose among all the ideas floating around in congress and attribute them to Mr Obama now?

Obama said on his Sunday talk show spiel to George S. that there was no tax. The Baucus bill came out last week, it's one of the bills in the mix. The fact that Obama blatantly lied and said it wasn't a tax when, in fact, it is even labled as an excise tax in the bill, shows how fucking arrogant Obama is and how he manipulates words to suit his message.

Nothing has been approved yet but that does not negate the FACT that in the Baucus bill there is a tax on people who do not purchase health insurance that the government mandates. If mandated health care goes through, so will this tax. btw, I believe the Republicans are responsible for the mandate (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

If insurance companies are LYING about the legislation then that is SLANDER and FRAUD in an attempt to sell their product.

Thus it is a crime.

Free Speech does not protect against being indicted on fraud charges.

I see no need to debate the issue further to hold a different opinion than the great leader is now criminal...of course if the great leader LIES...it is called misspoke or it just never happened and those that say it did are criminals...in this brave new world...this Obamanation...LAND OF THE MEEK AND THE HOME OF...THE SLAVE

So free speech includes the right to lie by the health care companies to scare the seniors.?
Yes it does you fucking dillhole, do you not realize how easy it would be for government to pervert a law that allowed it to censure what people say, right or wrong?

You are such a dick.

Oh, and while I think about it, what 'law' will dear leader claim they are breaking, since he threatens 'leagal action'?

What part of "Fraud" are you unfamiliar with?

These companies are specifically lying in an attempt to sell their product. That is Fraud. Pure and simple.

Legal action in this case is perfectly justified.
You are an idiot of the first order.

Heinz ketchup causes cancer. One ounce of Heinz ketchup will give you stage 4 cancer in less than a week.

There I said it. With that statement, Heinz Ketchup can sue me for all the money in my bank and more.

*please note that Heinz Ketchup does not cause cancer and I was only saying something for demonstrative purposes.

Why should the government be any different? If you are slandering or making false, mis-leading, libelous statements, you are at risk for a lawsuit.

So free speech includes the right to lie by the health care companies to scare the seniors.?
Yes it does you fucking dillhole, do you not realize how easy it would be for government to pervert a law that allowed it to censure what people say, right or wrong?

You are such a dick.

by slandering this good mans attempts to support Obama and therefore the truth...you are guilty of aiding and abetting the perpetrators of this fraud and slander and scaring of those mindless old people that cant think for themselves...keep it up and we will be coming for you next...you have been warned..cease and desist

The Government couldn't "silence dissent" if they want to. A couple years ago, Fox News argued and won in court that they have the right to lie about news stories. So they can say whatever the fuck they want and legally get away with it. The Kicker? The ruling was EVEN IF THEY WERE PURPOSELY LYING.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpC9EkKFsQ&feature=related]YouTube - James Brown - livin in america ROCKY[/ame]

Though I see no reason why I try to speak truth and facts to people who believe that Obama is going to send all the old people to "death panels." :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
The Government couldn't "silence dissent" if they want to. A couple years ago, Fox News argued and won in court that they have the right to lie about news stories. So they can say whatever the fuck they want and legally get away with it. The Kicker? The ruling was EVEN IF THEY WERE PURPOSELY LYING.

YouTube - James Brown - livin in america ROCKY

Though I see no reason why I try to speak truth and facts to people who believe that Obama is going to send all the old people to "death panels." :eusa_eh:

Hey, Noah Webster. "Purposely lying" is redundant, since a lie is, by definition, deliberate. Duhhh. :slap: But I'm sure that, aside from your incompetence in what is presumably your mother tongue, you're completely right in everything else. Uh huh, sure. :lol:

Hey, Noah Webster. "Purposely lying" is redundant, since a lie is, by definition, deliberate. Duhhh. :slap: But I'm sure that, aside from your incompetence in what is presumably your mother tongue, you're completely right in everything else. Uh huh, sure. :lol:

Aside from your personal insults which are wrong, you're also wrong about lying. A lie can be one made out of ignorance or being naive. It doesn't always have to be deliberate. Anything else there bucko? :eusa_eh:

Aside from your personal insults which are wrong, you're also wrong about lying. A lie can be one made out of ignorance or being naive. It doesn't always have to be deliberate. Anything else there bucko? :eusa_eh:

No, Brain Trust. Something stated incorrectly out of ignorance or naivete is called a "mistake". A lie, by definition, is deliberate. (Hint: the word "definition" is a clue that you should use this nifty book literate people call a "dictionary" to check yourself before you sound any pig-stupider than you already do.)

Let me show you how it works:

lie - 1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression

Note the word "intent". That's another way of saying "deliberate". :whip:

It can't be out of ignorance. How can it be a lie if you are ignorant and think it's the truth? It just means you are uninformed or misinformed.

No, Brain Trust. Something stated incorrectly out of ignorance or naivete is called a "mistake". A lie, by definition, is deliberate. (Hint: the word "definition" is a clue that you should use this nifty book literate people call a "dictionary" to check yourself before you sound any pig-stupider than you already do.)

And what about the second definition? Nothing about intent to deceive there.

Also Thinman, that would make you uninformed or misinformed. However, it would still make your comment a lie. You and your comment are two different things then.

By the way Cecilie, care to debate the actual issue? Or are you just going to act like a bitch and make insults?

And what about the second definition? Nothing about intent to deceive there.

Also Thinman, that would make you uninformed or misinformed. However, it would still make your comment a lie. You and your comment are two different things then.

By the way Cecilie, care to debate the actual issue? Or are you just going to act like a bitch and make insults?

Uh, yeah, the second one ALSO requires intent.

What actual issue would that be? Whether or not your great leader has any business trying to silence opposition? Already handled that. That question was ALMOST as easy as the one about what the word "lie" means, which I assume is why you think it requires debate, instead of being painfully obvious like it is to sane people. Having now dealt with something that dirt-simple, I am free to turn to mocking and abusing you for being an illiterate dimwit.

YouTube - James Brown - livin in america ROCKY

You missed the circus when the left was calling Bush a liar. Without any proof they resorted to the tactic that if you say anything that turns out not to be 100 percent true, you lied.

So basically if I look out my front window and see a red car and tell my wife there is a red car outside, but before she looks it drives off, I am a liar. According to the left.

Now of course that Obama is President, the definition will change again to something else.

Forum List

Back