The Government never shut down under Nancy Pelosi

Libs keep running around and shrieking about OMG, the government could shut down. But frankly why's it a big deal? Is that the real fear, people will start to realize we're spending all this freaking money and when the government shuts down it actually isn't a big deal? Wow, how many economic stunting bureaucrat jobs could be in jeopardy if that happened. Never mind, I understand your fear now...

Can you ever address an issue without resorting to mindless drivel, like how you had to end that post. You almost did it, you were so close. But when you finish off like that you remind everyone that you're not really here to discuss anything, you're just here to toe the line.

Why should the government not shut down?

1. Military pay might be delayed until a budget is passed.
The tell Harry and Barak to pass the house CR
2. Tax returns will be delayed.
Too fucking bad, leaches might get their EIC welfare payments a little later
3. Extensions have been more costly than regular expenses.
Completely false, the CR's ahve been cutting on average 2B a week.
4. Shut down may be more costly in the long run than staying up and running.
may be? Damn it also may be less costly
5. We need to get started on next year's budget and the longer we take to deal with this year, the longer it takes for next year.
The house seems to be progressing nicely on it. How're Harry and Barak doing?
6. The American people want to see the government getting things done, not missing deadlines.
says you. The less the government does the better.

Libs keep running around and shrieking about OMG, the government could shut down. But frankly why's it a big deal? Is that the real fear, people will start to realize we're spending all this freaking money and when the government shuts down it actually isn't a big deal? Wow, how many economic stunting bureaucrat jobs could be in jeopardy if that happened. Never mind, I understand your fear now...

Can you ever address an issue without resorting to mindless drivel, like how you had to end that post. You almost did it, you were so close. But when you finish off like that you remind everyone that you're not really here to discuss anything, you're just here to toe the line.

"Toe" what line? I oppose everyone, so you're going to have to be more specific. I'm libertarian and I don't even like the Libertarian party.

Why should the government not shut down?

1. Military pay might be delayed until a budget is passed.
2. Tax returns will be delayed.
3. Extensions have been more costly than regular expenses.
4. Shut down may be more costly in the long run than staying up and running.
5. We need to get started on next year's budget and the longer we take to deal with this year, the longer it takes for next year.
6. The American people want to see the government getting things done, not missing deadlines.

Other then the military, which is the left again showing their true colors on that, basically you don't know either?

Because people ought to understand how we got to this point. The Dems will doubtless want to paint it that the nasty GOP wants to destroy the government. The truth is that they have been so irresponsible we find ourselves without a budget and running an unsustainable debt. It cannot be business as usual.

Like I said, just complain about the past and we can ignore the work that needs to be done in the present.

Boehner is trying to be the responsible one here and do the right thing, which is to pass a serious budget and reduce the deficit to sustainable levels. Therefore public opinion needs to be on his side, not Reid's. Reid needs to be pressured to get the Dems in the Senate to sign on to GOP ideas.

Boehner is trying to get the Tea Party to sign on to a compromise budget. He's too chickenshit to stand up to them and move forward regardless for their support. So he's instead being stubborn and unwilling to meet the Democrats half way. He's being as much of an idiot now as Obama was while Pelosi was Speaker. I had higher hopes for Boehner, but unfortunately he's being quite the disappointment.

Because people ought to understand how we got to this point. The Dems will doubtless want to paint it that the nasty GOP wants to destroy the government. The truth is that they have been so irresponsible we find ourselves without a budget and running an unsustainable debt. It cannot be business as usual.

Like I said, just complain about the past and we can ignore the work that needs to be done in the present.

Boehner is trying to be the responsible one here and do the right thing, which is to pass a serious budget and reduce the deficit to sustainable levels. Therefore public opinion needs to be on his side, not Reid's. Reid needs to be pressured to get the Dems in the Senate to sign on to GOP ideas.

Boehner is trying to get the Tea Party to sign on to a compromise budget. He's too chickenshit to stand up to them and move forward regardless for their support. So he's instead being stubborn and unwilling to meet the Democrats half way. He's being as much of an idiot now as Obama was while Pelosi was Speaker. I had higher hopes for Boehner, but unfortunately he's being quite the disappointment.

You never had any hopes for Boehner. Of this I am certain.

Boehner and the GOP were elected to do a job. That job was to cut spending, cut the deficit and repeal Obamacare. They are responding to their constituents' wishes. If they do anything else they will be selling out.

You never had any hopes for Boehner. Of this I am certain.

To the contrary. Boehner seemed like a reasonable guy. The last time we had a Democrat in the White House and a GOP controlled Congress, great things resulted. Even though the battles were difficult for both sides, they eventually had to come together with compromises that benefited the American people and were helping to set our country on a better fiscal course. I had hoped that we would be able to see similar things happen today.

Boehner and the GOP were elected to do a job. That job was to cut spending, cut the deficit and repeal Obamacare. They are responding to their constituents' wishes. If they do anything else they will be selling out.

Stop being such a partisan hack. Members of Congress are elected as individuals. The GOP was not elected, individuals were elected. Members of Congress aren't elected to be stubborn and rigid ideologues that accomplish nothing. They have a job to do and a part to play in running the country in a way that reflects the vast and varied perspectives of the American people at large. Right now, their job is to get a budget passed. If you think that compromising with each other to get a budget passed, instead of sitting on their hands and throwing a Veruca Saltinfuss tantrum about how "I want it now!" is somehow selling out, then all I can say is thank Athena that you're not an elected official. Because we already have too many idiots like that who aren't getting anything done.

So why won't the Democrats sign off on a budget that has been passed by the House? Why are they being obstructionists? It is their job to pass a budget, not sit on their hands and yell "no".

So why won't the Democrats sign off on a budget that has been passed by the House? Why are they being obstructionists? It is their job to pass a budget, not sit on their hands and yell "no".

Like I said, you're being a partisan hack.

No moreso than anyone who thinks there is only one party playing in this matter. Both are responsible. Both are playing the game.

The Democrats are failing in their constitutional duty to pass a budget and I'm the partisan hack??
You have no answer to the question, do you?

No moreso than anyone who thinks there is only one party playing in this matter. Both are responsible. Both are playing the game.[/QUOTE]

If you look at my many comments on this subjects in the multiple threads discussing the looming government shut down, you'll see that I have repeatedly said that both parties need to come together and agree on a compromise budget.

The Democrats are failing in their constitutional duty to pass a budget and I'm the partisan hack??

:lol: You've provided the answer for your own question. The government is about to shut down, and all you can say is "OMGTHEDEMOCRATSEVIL!!"

:lol: You've provided the answer for your own question. The government is about to shut down, and all you can say is "OMGTHEDEMOCRATSEVIL!!"

I havent provided an answer. I am asking you for an answer. Why aren't you hammering the Democrats since they 1) failed to pass a budget, 2) are blocking passing the budget the GOP did pass?

]No moreso than anyone who thinks there is only one party playing in this matter. Both are responsible. Both are playing the game.

If you look at my many comments on this subjects in the multiple threads discussing the looming government shut down, you'll see that I have repeatedly said that both parties need to come together and agree on a compromise budget.
Yes, I understand that you are. And, that is why I haven't accused you in particular of being a hack, in spite of all my urging to do so because of your creepy avatar (*tongue in cheek, but clowns are freaks, in my book*).

And, according to some local IT guys, they are working furiously to secure email servers for the shutdown. They'll probably be up all night, too.

It's imminent.

I havent provided an answer. I am asking you for an answer. Why aren't you hammering the Democrats since they 1) failed to pass a budget, 2) are blocking passing the budget the GOP did pass?

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I've already said that the Democrats were stupid to procrastinate on passing a budget. I also said that when that decision was made last fall I wanted to ram my head into a wall because it was so stupid. I've also said that bitching about the past is not going to solve the problems of the present. We still need a budget passed, bitching about last year's procrastination does not give us a budget.

You're showing how much of a partisan hack you are, because you can only see this issue in the light that presumes the GOP is in the right, and the Democrats are in the wrong. This has two main flaws. The first is that the Democrats already made agreements on a compromise with the GOP, and they continue to support that compromise, while the GOP has rescinded their cooperation. The second failing is that the real issue isn't GOP V DEM. It's within the GOP, with the tea party caucus being stubborn, and Boehner being too chickenshit to move forward without them. He doesn't need their support, he could come up with enough bi-partisan support in the House to pass the compromise measures. He just won't do it, because he's too afraid to piss off the tantrum throwing tea party asswipes.

So you are being a partisan hack, blaming the GOP.
The fact is that the House has passed a budget. It only needs a vote in the Senate and presidential signature and it is done.
So why won't the Democrats act in the bipartisan manner they promised and do it?

wow, what a stupid thread.

I guess we are SUPPOSE to outraged over the Guberment shutdown "that hasn't happened yet."

As for Pelosi, she was SHUT DOWN in this last election because she refused to get her big SPENDING WAYS in order.
Now please you whiny lefties, you LOST SO DEAL with it.
:lol::lol:

Last edited:
what happened in California Marc?.....and please dont give that stupid standard answer.....Arnold....WHAT happened to a State that at one time was arguably the best place in the Country to live .....now.....people are leaving....Americans anyway....who.doesnt.know.how.to.govern.out.here?..........
What about California?

Marc are you being serious or are you hoping i will just laugh and go on to the next post?......

Marc.....im not laughing....

John Boehner is Speaker for three months and shuts down the government

Why didn't they pass a budget last year? Do you realize that that was the first time in history that there was no budget?

I dont think it was the first time. I think it happened like in the 1970s. But the level of irresponsibility and partisan politics is breath taking.
We can ask, why didnt they? Answer:Because they knew they were in trouble before the election and didnt want to do anything to make it worse. Thus they put their own political agenda ahead of their constitutionally mandated duties. Shocking.

John Boehner is Speaker for three months and shuts down the government

Why didn't they pass a budget last year? Do you realize that that was the first time in history that there was no budget?

I dont think it was the first time. I think it happened like in the 1970s. But the level of irresponsibility and partisan politics is breath taking.
We can ask, why didnt they? Answer:Because they knew they were in trouble before the election and didnt want to do anything to make it worse. Thus they put their own political agenda ahead of their constitutionally mandated duties. Shocking.

I actually remembered what I read wrong. This is the first time since the new budget rules were adopted in 1974 that we have not had a budget. I guess that does make me wrong, but it is still amazing that the Democrats managed to not pass a budget for the first time in half a century.

Forum List

Back