The Government - Do You Trust It?

None? Not ever?

You mean like the government sending you your monthly retirement pay?

That's a bad use of our tax dollars?

How about helping RGS pay for his medical bills?

That's a misuse of our tax dollars, is it?

I've head this lame argument before. I did a job for the government with a retirement check involved in the end. No different that you joining some other corporation or union with the same deal.

And if you don't think they don't misuse those tax dollars I suggest you look at how many times they've trimmed off the edges of our benefits.

You can't credit our government NOW for spending those tax dollars anyway. Those dollars were set into law LONG before this current crop of nitwits. It's money they never had to spend. If they could figure out how to get at that money without a huge public outcry, they'd take it in a minute.

If you don't trust the 'we, the people' democratic government what kind of political system of governance would you trust?

The three branches are supposed to be checks and balances for power--that doesn't mean the electorate has the luxury of falling asleep.

These days, the government handles many of our nations finial decisions that have the ability to affect many aspects of our ordinary lives. The question is though - do you trust the government's ability to use our money wisely?

The more control or influence the government gains in our personal and general lives, the less and less I trust them or the stability of the end results. Sadly that is the direction we are going. The party which is meant to stand against it, failed and lent it's self to it. The party which promotes it, now is almost unchecked.

I fail to see my confidence level rising anytime soon.

I see. So you'd rather vote for someone who has contempt for our government (McCaini) than someone who believes in the wisdom of our citizens?

If you don't trust the 'we, the people' democratic government what kind of political system of governance would you trust?

The three branches are supposed to be checks and balances for power--that doesn't mean the electorate has the luxury of falling asleep.
Government is not something that one "trusts."

Active citizenship means voting and keeping our elected and appointed officials honest and on their toes.

Cynicism is a habit.

I see. So you'd rather vote for someone who has contempt for our government (McCaini) than someone who believes in the wisdom of our citizens?

I guess that means you voted for Obama. So when did you get your frontol lobotomy? (BTW, I didn't vote for McCain and I'm not a Republican.)

Forum List

Back