The Government Can Use GPS to Track Your Moves

I am waiting for the, if your not doing anything wrong, you have reason to worry about this, defense. Which makes me wonder why the government is doing it, if I haven't done anything to this point.

This really isn't so terribly new.

The Government has been secretly tracking your every movement via your cell phone for a decade. And what do you think OnStar does?

The internet is a giant trap, invented by the military and then given away free to private industry. It allows the government more and more access to ridiculous volumes of personal information, the more you use it, the more they know.

So it is in the governments interest that everybody on earth with a brain capable of doing so use mobile e-devises as their exclusive media for transactions, communications and information resources.

It is exactly like the television that watches you that George Orwell featured in 1984.

And when the law forbids it, they do it anyway and change the law later granting retro immunity.

I get a kick out of the US reaction to China's censorship of Google. As if google was benign.

Google is a data mining industry as capable of collecting data on it's users as it is capable of providing data for them. And it does it in .23 seconds/query.

And Google DOES data mine it's own users. It even has plans to automatically profile it's users and deliver customized services to them. It warns the centers for disease control about diseases before any public official realizes an outbreak has occurred. Automatically!

Google collects more data on the public than it provides for the public.

WHY DO YOU THINK IT IS FREE?

They know more about you than you know about you, and you know nothing about them.

Like 1984.

Except we have a choice today, not in the 1984 fiction. As always, there are benefits and challenges to that choice. Since I have made it in favor of being exposed to this, I do enjoy the options presented to me. In 1948 my options would have been limited by not being able to wipe my ass without it being a topic of conversation at the diner the next morning.

Privacy is subjective. Rights to make my own choices are not.

I am waiting for the, if your not doing anything wrong, you have reason to worry about this, defense. Which makes me wonder why the government is doing it, if I haven't done anything to this point.

I recall that argument being used against me by many on the right when I spoke up about the patriot act...

I recall that argument being used against me by many on the right when I spoke up about the patriot act...

Good for you, the Patriot Act is decidedly not Patriotic nor Constitutional.

Good for you, the Patriot Act is decidedly not Patriotic nor Constitutional.

Now homeland security is moving into food supply control.
they are just getting started.

this case is disturbing....it effectively allows the state to trespass onto your property (curtilage as the majority calls it) and attach a tracking device. now, there are other cases that allow tracking devices if the device was place on the vehicle while the vehicle is in a public place. however, a dc circuit just struck that down. so now there is a split in the courts and i believe this will go to the scotus.

this case and its trespassing is simply unbelievable and dangerous. the dissent (rehearing dissent so you had the full panel which explains why there are more judges) absolutely rips the majority a new asshole. that doesn't happen very happen.

http://www.leagle.com/unsecure/page....fco20100812145

a good read

this case is disturbing....it effectively allows the state to trespass onto your property (curtilage as the majority calls it) and attach a tracking device. now, there are other cases that allow tracking devices if the device was place on the vehicle while the vehicle is in a public place. however, a dc circuit just struck that down. so now there is a split in the courts and i believe this will go to the scotus.

this case and its trespassing is simply unbelievable and dangerous. the dissent (rehearing dissent so you had the full panel which explains why there are more judges) absolutely rips the majority a new asshole. that doesn't happen very happen.

http://www.leagle.com/unsecure/page....fco20100812145

a good read

Think it through a little. You have no right to privacy between the street and your front door when someone (anyone) wants to solicit you. You have to take steps to secure your front door if you wish it to be part of your private space. You can do this by putting a gate in your driveway.

Also if you don't want the police to tag your car without your knowledge, park it in the garage. If you don't have a garage, well that's a choice you made. You also have the right to be secure in your space and that means you can put a camera on your car. Then you'll know if the police did this without your knowledge.

The Government has been secretly tracking your every movement via your cell phone for a decade. And what do you think OnStar does?

The internet is a giant trap, invented by the military and then given away free to private industry. It allows the government more and more access to ridiculous volumes of personal information, the more you use it, the more they know.

So it is in the governments interest that everybody on earth with a brain capable of doing so use mobile e-devises as their exclusive media for transactions, communications and information resources.

It is exactly like the television that watches you that George Orwell featured in 1984.

And when the law forbids it, they do it anyway and change the law later granting retro immunity.

I get a kick out of the US reaction to China's censorship of Google. As if google was benign.

Google is a data mining industry as capable of collecting data on it's users as it is capable of providing data for them. And it does it in .23 seconds/query.

And Google DOES data mine it's own users. It even has plans to automatically profile it's users and deliver customized services to them. It warns the centers for disease control about diseases before any public official realizes an outbreak has occurred. Automatically!

They know more about you than you know about you, and you know nothing about them.

Like 1984.

Except we have a choice today, not in the 1984 fiction. As always, there are benefits and challenges to that choice. Since I have made it in favor of being exposed to this, I do enjoy the options presented to me. In 1948 my options would have been limited by not being able to wipe my ass without it being a topic of conversation at the diner the next morning.

OK, but contrary to your previous posts this ruling denies you a choice in the matter.

Like 1984.

OK, but contrary to your previous posts this ruling denies you a choice in the matter.

How so? I don't have to have a cell phone on me at all times and I don't have to drive the car in my driveway at all times. I don't have to use google, I don't have to use the Internet at all. I even have the option to use the Internet in a way that is highly unlikely to get traced back to me.

I have choices. I choose to not exercise them.

Forum List

Back