The Governator speaks out on prop 8!!

I think that this is another example of crappy liberal politics. Republicans are not trying to over-turn Obama's presidency because we don't like it or "think it is right". Instead we are all sucking it up and dealing with it. Obama went about winning the legal and constitutional way. So give it to him. Likewise, Prop 8 did exactly what the California constitution demanded. The people put it to a vote and the people supported prop 8. To me, the real campaign of hate is now apparent. Protests, vandalism, violence, picketing, trespassing, and selective bigotry (sudden attacks on Mormon buildings and worship services) show No on Prop 8's true colors. Democracy deserves its justice. The Law was fulfilled, and now it needs to be served!

This is a text-book example of what happens when the god-hating, death-loving, foaming-at-the-mouth liberals don't get their way..

No, this is what happens when Jesus loving, listen to a book written 2000 years ago, and also hate Gay people have their way. Thats what this is, has nothing to do with Liberals you homophobic asshole

No, this is what happens when Jesus loving, listen to a book written 2000 years ago, and also hate Gay people have their way. Thats what this is, has nothing to do with Liberals you homophobic asshole

You're both wrong. This is what happens when "god-hating, death-loving, foaming-at-the-mouth liberals" and "Jesus loving, listen to a book written 2000 years ago, and also hate Gay people" collide. Welcome to politics. Have a seat. Enjoy your stay.

What? You think Republican = not liberal? :lol:

No, I think you are painting your ideology into a smaller and smaller and smaller corner.

It will be interesting when you start to call the small-government, fiscal conservatives liberal. oh wait, you have just done that.

Last edited:
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is a "god-hating, death-loving, foaming-at-the-mouth liberal"?!

Wow! I had no idea.

Evidently, yes he is.

The true conservative party seems to be shrinking. Everyone else, everyone, is foaming at the mouth and liberal. And hates God.

I had no idea either.

I think that this is another example of crappy liberal politics. Republicans are not trying to over-turn Obama's presidency because we don't like it or "think it is right". Instead we are all sucking it up and dealing with it. Obama went about winning the legal and constitutional way. So give it to him.

Those republicans include Schwarzenegger, who campaigned for and supported McCain.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say Schwarzenegger is a good guy because he recognizes Obama's win, but wait he is a god-hating liberal because he opposees prop eight.

What Schwarzenegger is, is one person with a set of beliefs, that do not completely overlap anyone else's set of beliefs.

Some of y'all sound like you are circling the wagons. We are all Americans, goddamit, and I want to see the republican party built up again and it pisses hell out of me to see you tearing off any little bit that doesn't confomr into the smallest possible definition of it, which apparently is willing to throw out fiscal conservatism in the process, which more than anything is a sad day for Caligirl.

No, I think you are painting your ideology into a smaller and smaller and smaller corner.

It will be interesting when you start to call the small-government, fiscal conservatives liberal. oh wait, you have just done that.
Arnold is for small government and fiscally conservative??????

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has cut more programs than I can shake a stick at. He resists raising taxes.

You can say whatever you like, I live here.

Well, without googling it, just thinking about it, you are right that he promoted tax credits and rebates to get people to put in photovoltaics. That's the only one that occurs off the top of my head.

I am more aware of him wanting to cut funding to schools, state parks, unions, and such. He did recently propose a sales tax to help with budget shortfall but it didn't go anywhere. there is probably a google somewhere that knows.

Dianne Feinstein is heading the field poll for the 2010 gubernatorial race, and Arnold will look redder than red in comparison to her.

that's all I'm saying.

Well, without googling it, just thinking about it, you are right that he promoted tax credits and rebates to get people to put in photovoltaics. That's the only one that occurs off the top of my head.

I am more aware of him wanting to cut funding to schools, state parks, unions, and such. He did recently propose a sales tax to help with budget shortfall but it didn't go anywhere. there is probably a google somewhere that knows.

Dianne Feinstein is heading the field poll for the 2010 gubernatorial race, and Arnold will look redder than red in comparison to her.

that's all I'm saying.
hmmm
i hope she wins

Medical researchers should redouble their efforts to find a cure for homosexuality. I'm getting tired of gay rights.

Yes...

What makes gays think they deserve the same rights as heterosexuals?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Oh.....yea.......right.......

Medical researchers should redouble their efforts to find a cure for homosexuality. I'm getting tired of gay rights.

Actually I'd rather see manadatory vasectomies for hetero couples imposed through a lottery system. At least gay people don't multiply like fucking rabbits. I'm so sick of seeing entire families of fat retards suck the life out of this country.

On a personal level it doesn't matter to me one way or the other jsanders if gay couples get married. The thing I find interesting and somewhat disturbing here is this trend in the country to set aside votes you disagree with. IMHO the votes on prop 8 were no less important than the votes that someone made for Senator or President. I don't see anyone making an effort to set aside those votes with perhaps the exception of Minnesota.

Its not that the Left and homosexuals disagree with Prop. 8 (though, of course, we do - I'm not saying we don't) - its that Prop. 8 takes away equal rights from people. The widely accepted Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs shows Love and Acceptance just above safety and security and the physiological needs of food, water, and shelter that are necessary for human survival.

IPT Bldg. 1 -- The Business Case for IPTs [Federal Knowledge Management Working Group (KMWG)]

Straight people can get married and receive all of the government bestowed benefits that help and assist them to stay with the person they love or, at least, the person they are accepted by and with which they chose to spend their lives. These benefits are not bestowed equally under civil unions.

Civil Unions vs. Gay Marriage

Freedom To Marry | Marriage vs Other

Civil Unions Vs Marriage In US: American LGBT Citizens Seek More Rights States Provide

Civil Unions vs Civil Marriage

The Left and homosexuals believe that everyone who is a US citizen deserves freedom and equality:

The Declaration of Independence

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

To survive human beings need fove, to be free human beings need equality, and for happiness human beings need love and freedom.

Homosexuals are human beings.

The reason Prop. 8 should be overturned isn't because the Left and homosexuals disagree with it, its because its wrong! In the US we bestow equal rights to people (except convicted felons) and any race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, or creed. Those are qualities that can not be "changed" just like homosexuality. It isn't chosen. Homosexuals are gay because they are - that's it.

Slavery and discrimination against black people happened and was sanctioned by voter majorities but that doesn't make it right.

Prop. 8 should be overturned because it goes against the very ideals that this nation was founded on!

Its not that the Left and homosexuals disagree with Prop. 8 (though, of course, we do - I'm not saying we don't) - its that Prop. 8 takes away equal rights from people. The widely accepted Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs shows Love and Acceptance just above safety and security and the physiological needs of food, water, and shelter that are necessary for human survival.

IPT Bldg. 1 -- The Business Case for IPTs [Federal Knowledge Management Working Group (KMWG)]

Straight people can get married and receive all of the government bestowed benefits that help and assist them to stay with the person they love or, at least, the person they are accepted by and with which they chose to spend their lives. These benefits are not bestowed equally under civil unions.

Civil Unions vs. Gay Marriage

Freedom To Marry | Marriage vs Other

Civil Unions Vs Marriage In US: American LGBT Citizens Seek More Rights States Provide

Civil Unions vs Civil Marriage

The Left and homosexuals believe that everyone who is a US citizen deserves freedom and equality:

The Declaration of Independence

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

To survive human beings need fove, to be free human beings need equality, and for happiness human beings need love and freedom.

Homosexuals are human beings.

The reason Prop. 8 should be overturned isn't because the Left and homosexuals disagree with it, its because its wrong! In the US we bestow equal rights to people (except convicted felons) and any race, ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, or creed. Those are qualities that can not be "changed" just like homosexuality. It isn't chosen. Homosexuals are gay because they are - that's it.

Slavery and discrimination against black people happened and was sanctioned by voter majorities but that doesn't make it right.

Prop. 8 should be overturned because it goes against the very ideals that this nation was founded on!

I'm sorry Colorado I must respectfully disagree with the assertion that the gay marriage issue is anywhere near on an equal footing to the equal rights issues faced by African Americans, hispanics, women, and and many other races and gender. All the rights that gay couples claim to be denied can at anytime be exercised , however it is by choice that a a gay couple decides to place themselces in that denial that is the difference. I am hispanic and I cannot change that, however a gay person can get married anytime they so choose and enjoy the rights associated with that under the law. Further, if a gay person wishes to exercise the right of gay marriage in a state that recognizes it, then there are states that do and they can at anytime exercise that as well. So this hardly even comes close to a equal rights issue. While all the rights we enjoy should be held in high esteem, the right to free speech, freedom of religion, and most especially the right to vote. It seems that when the people of a state exercise those rights as the founders envisioned that the result did not suit the expectation in this case and so the gay community has lashed out against those very same rights that they claim they are being denied. No, you will forgive me but, this issue cannot be compared to the struggles of the civil rights movement not at all, and to do so lessens the gains by many in the civil rights movement. While the gay community has many avenues to seek redress on this issue striking out against those very same rights they claim are being denied is hardly the way to influence people in a positive way. More so, I am sure that prop 8 will be struck down like it always is in the 9th Circuit, IMHO the better way would be to try and educate the people in the state in which you live as generally when people understand one another it usually yields positive results.

Forum List

Back