the gov offset my tax return

my student loans defaulted. Ive been unemployed and barely make enough money now to make ends meet. My wages are up for garnishment, but they are not allowed to take any money out because i am so low income.

so now, they take my tax return. Like if garnishment isnt enough, they want my tax return too. 15% percent of my income supposedly isnt enough for them. they think they are entitled to put their hands in my pocket whenever they want.

does it look like i benefited from my student loans? i make so little money, my wages cant even be garnished. i dont have any children and am barely able to keep a roof over my head.

do they think just because you defaulted on stident loan, its ok to send you to the poor house? how can anyone survive getting their wages garnished and having their refunds offset? at this rate i would have been better off not going to college.

So... What was your degree?

not that it matters, project management

Your degree doesn't matter? :lol:

still isnt an excuse for the gov to use loan shark tactics against the financially underpriviledged.

Enforcing a contract to which you signed your name is hardly loan shark tactics.

I feel for ya, but that's the ropes.

but i dont have the money, and they know it.

And they know that you're unlikely to have it in the near future so they took what they were obligated to pay you and applied it to what you were obligated to pay them.
You're not likely to find sympathy here. My dad would tell you to look for it in the dictionary between shit and syphillis.

Having read this a couple of hours ago, and given it some thought, I've come to the conclusion that you are 100% correct.

YOU would have been better off not going to college.

thanks for putting in some thought and responding.

Didn't learn much in return for all that money you didn't pay for college, did you?

Priceless, Mini14, just priceless!

my student loans defaulted. Ive been unemployed and barely make enough money now to make ends meet. My wages are up for garnishment, but they are not allowed to take any money out because i am so low income.

so now, they take my tax return. Like if garnishment isnt enough, they want my tax return too. 15% percent of my income supposedly isnt enough for them. they think they are entitled to put their hands in my pocket whenever they want.

does it look like i benefited from my student loans? i make so little money, my wages cant even be garnished. i dont have any children and am barely able to keep a roof over my head.

do they think just because you defaulted on stident loan, its ok to send you to the poor house? how can anyone survive getting their wages garnished and having their refunds offset? at this rate i would have been better off not going to college.

So... What was your degree?

not that it matters, project management
And your GPA was what? 1.3?

Having read this a couple of hours ago, and given it some thought, I've come to the conclusion that you are 100% correct.

YOU would have been better off not going to college.

thanks for putting in some thought and responding.

Didn't learn much in return for all that money you didn't pay for college, did you?

Priceless, Mini14, just priceless!
mini 14 was right. going to college was the biggest mistake i made in my life.

You should pay your bills, I guess.

Forum List

Back