The GOP's weak 2012 front-runner

Yes, the left is drooling at the idea of Sarah Palin in 2012.

I think a ticket of the governors from NJ and LA for the GOP may have tremendous appeal.

For the umpteenth time, after Obama was swept into the WH, my hope was that the GOP would see the err in their ways. Instead, they kept the leadership intact, the RNC brought in their token black guy to counter Obama, and then he of all people, brought in the ultra conservative Tea Partiers. Rather than moving to the center, where the bulk of the American voters are, they are flailing, and if anything, moving further to the right. All the while, purposefully blocking anything Obama is trying to do that I consider useful to the American people EVEN IF IT MEANS HIGHER TAXES, and wanting to simply repackage ideas from Dubya's Presidency and thinking things will be all better. Doing the same things over and over, expecting different results is a sure sign of what, again? I do not consider this "learning their lesson".

It matters little what the GOP leadership does... The electorate decides who they want and they don't want squishy RINOS... The primaries and upcoming election should be evidence enough for you, but I'm sure you won't get it... Specturd Gone! Castle Gone! Murkowski Gone! Crist soon to be Gone!

You can rattle all you want about the Tea Party being extreme right, but you're a fucking idiot if you believe that leftist bullshit... They are average Americans tired of big gubmint taking their money for bullshit bailouts and bloated 0bamacare... They recognize that spending money we don't have doesn't work at home so we shouldn't do it at a National level...

America self-identifies conservative over liberal 2 to 1... People bought into the HopeyChangey bullshit and then the bullshit started flowing faster, things got worse (not better) and you and your leftist bretheren are still pointing at Booooooosh 2 years later... Gimme a fuckin' break... Barry fucked up - admit it and moveon.org...

You can pretend your some sort of centrist, but your posts betray you... You are a shill for the DNC... They could use you in their ad campaigns... If you're looking for side income, give them a call...

How easily you talk out of both sides of your mouth, is what pisses me off about supposed "conservatives" and what you like to refer to as "average Americans". In case you weren't looking, "average Americans" said "buh-bye" to the GOP way of doing things. The fact that you can state with what I assume is a straight face, that the Tea Partiers want smaller government, but at the same time don't want any cuts in their MediCare benefits, is laughable at best. Aren't these the same "average Americans" who want to continue fighting these losing battles in Iraq and Afghanistan (unpaid for mind you?). Where is the restraint there?

That's twice you used the term "Tea Partiers" rather than "Tea Baggers". Are you feeling alright??

We don't even know who is running yet and you are arguing over who the front runner is?

No wonder nothing ever gets done in this country anymore. Too many people are worried about 2 years from now when we dont even know whats going on one month from now.

Maybe some fresh faces will step up by 2012 like Jim DeMint, Rand Paul(if he wins in Nov.) or Gary Johnson, someone most on the right as well as independents could rally behind. Just my hope.

It's very very very unlikely that the slow/stagnant economy will still be around 2 years from now. Without that to run against the GOP is going to need a TOTally awesome!! candidate.

Over the past year, the political world has operated under the assumption that Mitt Romney is the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012.

If not Romney, who? Obviously not Palin, not Gingrich.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dv3JdXQ974&feature=PlayList&p=DE64DCC628C97515&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - Gov. Daniels speaking at the Hudson Institute[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag7OAHi9cuA]YouTube - Politics with Haley Barbour[/ame]

The GOP will not be able to role anything back even if they take both chambers. I do think now it likely the House will go GOP.

Someone above said it right. Recovering economy in 2012, easy Dem sweep. Stagnant economy in 2012, easy GOP sweep. However, to achieve that, the campaign promises will have to guarantee tax cuts for the lower and middle classes to the get the votes if the party wants to reward Big Business's support.

Yep, many people thought that by the end of 2009 the economic recovery would be far underway.

Goes to show just how badly the fauxcons damaged the economic system.

If the recovery is solid by the end of 2012, Obama gets an easy re-election.

Over the past year, the political world has operated under the assumption that Mitt Romney is the front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012. After all, he has a wide fundraising network and a deep roster of potential campaign talent. What’s more, Republicans almost always nominate their runner-up from the previous cycle (though both Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin might also claim that status). But if Romney is the front-runner, he’s starting out at a much weaker position than Bob Dole or John McCain ever did at this point in the ’96 and ’08 cycles. According to our latest NBC/WSJ poll, Romney’s national fav/unfav is upside down at 21%-30%, compared with Dole’s net-positive 38%-25% in Sept. ’94 and McCain’s 40%-16% in June ’06. Intensity is a problem, too, for Romney. Just 6% view him VERY positively, versus 14% for Dole in ’94 and 11% for McCain in ’06.

First Read - First thoughts: The GOP's weak 2012 front-runner

If not Romney, who? Obviously not Palin, not Gingrich.

I'm thinking your time would be better spent looking for a demonRat who has a set of balls. But, that's just me. :lol::lol:

It matters little what the GOP leadership does... The electorate decides who they want and they don't want squishy RINOS... The primaries and upcoming election should be evidence enough for you, but I'm sure you won't get it... Specturd Gone! Castle Gone! Murkowski Gone! Crist soon to be Gone!

You can rattle all you want about the Tea Party being extreme right, but you're a fucking idiot if you believe that leftist bullshit... They are average Americans tired of big gubmint taking their money for bullshit bailouts and bloated 0bamacare... They recognize that spending money we don't have doesn't work at home so we shouldn't do it at a National level...

America self-identifies conservative over liberal 2 to 1... People bought into the HopeyChangey bullshit and then the bullshit started flowing faster, things got worse (not better) and you and your leftist bretheren are still pointing at Booooooosh 2 years later... Gimme a fuckin' break... Barry fucked up - admit it and moveon.org...

You can pretend your some sort of centrist, but your posts betray you... You are a shill for the DNC... They could use you in their ad campaigns... If you're looking for side income, give them a call...

How easily you talk out of both sides of your mouth, is what pisses me off about supposed "conservatives" and what you like to refer to as "average Americans". In case you weren't looking, "average Americans" said "buh-bye" to the GOP way of doing things. The fact that you can state with what I assume is a straight face, that the Tea Partiers want smaller government, but at the same time don't want any cuts in their MediCare benefits, is laughable at best. Aren't these the same "average Americans" who want to continue fighting these losing battles in Iraq and Afghanistan (unpaid for mind you?). Where is the restraint there?

That's twice you used the term "Tea Partiers" rather than "Tea Baggers". Are you feeling alright??

Oh come on, Sherry. I am SURE there is a "non-political" Glenn Beck rally you should be attending somewhere....

Oh come on, Sherry. I am SURE there is a "non-political" Glenn Beck rally you should be attending somewhere....

I wanted to attend the one in DC, but you wouldn't cough up the dough for my flight. You're such a fucking cheapskate.:razz:

Forum List

Back