The GOP’s hatred of green energy reminds me of their hatred for LED bulbs.

The federal government never had the legitimate authority to dictate what kind of light bulbs we may have. Like many Obama policies, this one was blatantly unconstitutional, corrupt, and represented a serious abuse of power.

Except the Bush admin made the law.

Bush was wrong. Do you assume that just because a Republican makes a policy, that I agree with it?

The federal government has never had the legitimate authority to tell us what kind of light bulbs we may have, and Bush was wrong to usurp that power on behalf of the federal government.

The federal government has never had the legitimate authority to tell us what kind of light bulbs we may have,

When did that happen?

Are you under the impression that the federal light bulb police are raiding the homes of those using the wrong light bulbs?

Dishonest hack. When you don't allow people to manufacturer an item, you are telling consumers they can't have it.

Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs - Wikipedia

In December 2007, the federal government enacted the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA), which set maximum power consumption requirements for all general-service light bulbs producing 310–2600 lumens of light. Light bulbs outside of this range are exempt from the restrictions. Also exempt are several classes of specialty lights including appliance lamps, rough service bulbs, 3-way, colored lamps, stage lighting, plant lights, candelabra lights under 60 watts, outdoor post lights less than 100 watts, nightlights and shatter resistant bulbs. The law was to effectively ban most incandescent light bulbs, starting in January 2012.[84][85] By 2020, a second tier of restrictions would become effective, requiring all general-purpose bulbs to produce at least 45 lumens per watt, similar to a CFL.[86]

Basically it says that in a given range (the range of indoor lighting) you can't make bulbs that can't meet the requirement, and lo and behold incandescent can't meet the requirement.

Dishonest hack. When you don't allow people to manufacturer an item, you are telling consumers they can't have it.

Got it. You're stating that no type of incandescent light bulb is illegal to use, or will ever be illegal to use. If you'd like to have incandescent bulbs, you can buy them. Walmart currently sells a 4-pack of halogen incandescent 60-watt equivalents for $4.24.

No, I never get tired of being proven right. I'm obviously used to it, but it's still always pleasant.

Got it. You're stating that no type of incandescent light bulb is illegal to use, or will ever be illegal to use. If you'd like to have incandescent bulbs, you can buy them. Walmart currently sells a 4-pack of halogen incandescent 60-watt equivalents for $4.24.

No, I never get tired of being proven right. I'm obviously used to it, but it's still always pleasant.

Moron, if they can't be manufactured legally, you can't get them.

The only reason you can still get them is the implementation of the rules has been delayed.

And halogen lamps are not the incandescent i prefer for indoor lighting.

You haven't been proven right, you globull warming cum bucket.

Forum List

Back