The GOP’s hatred of green energy reminds me of their hatred for LED bulbs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deanrd, Aug 20, 2019.

1. percysunshine

percysunshine Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,438
    Physics is physics. The manufacturing process for LED bulbs has a giant carbon footprint. Another stupid corporate cronyism job between GE and the government.

2. 22lcidw

22lcidw Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,109
    The price of those bulbs were expensive at the time. And there was the technology to make the bulbs we used before last longer. Of course there is mercury in plenty of the newer bulbs that we will just throw out.

3. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,158
    I don’t have a problem at all with “green technology”. I have a problem trying to mandate it.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tinhatter

Tinhatter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Don't put too much faith in the incandescent ban. I can still occasionally buy them locally, despite Home Depot and a host of others caving to the pressure tactics of Nannyites, and they are fairly easy to purchase online. I always try for the 130volt 150 watt sort. For some reason these last about a month longer than standard 120 volt ones.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. whitehall

whitehall Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,356
    Chickenshit deanrd fixed it so I couldn't respond to his post on the passing of David Koch so here goes....It's sad that liberals have to twist themselves int a freaking pretzel to refrain from saying something bad about a philanthropist who donated almost 200 million dollars to a cancer research facility in New York but that's the nature of the hateful left these days.

6. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,543
    Your post is either incredibly confusing or incredibly confusing because it’s so stupid.

You Said you have a light meter that measures temperature and that LED bulbs put out more heat than the old fashion bulbs? Because if that’s what you’re saying, then that’s stupid. And you’re lying. Or just stupid. Please clarify.

7. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,543
    Not true. Heat is energy. The energy has to come from somewhere. If LED bulbs use 1/10 the energy and you can put your hand on it and not get burned then it’s not heating up your room. To say otherwise is just stupid.

8. deanrd

deanrd BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,543
    The title of this thread is:

The GOP’s hatred of green energy reminds me of their hatred for LED bulbs.

I don’t know about these other bulbs you guys are talking about. The only one I mentioned was LEDs. And there is no mercury in LED bulbs.

NO MERCURY IN LED BULBS...........PERIOD!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,590
    you dont know what a CFL bulb is....yea right....

10. Tinhatter

Tinhatter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Only "confusing" to those perpetually confused, as are the majority of your posts. Like all Lefties, you read what you want to read, and understand only what you want to understand. What I said was "They all put out less light, and the light they do put out is of lower quality, and yes, I got a light meter." A light meter measures the amount of light a source puts out.

A thermometer measures heat. I have a thermometer in each room, and an outdoor version outside the window. This means I am able to monitor both the outside temperature, and inside temperature on a room-by- room basis. The landlord replaced the light fixtures about 16 months ago, all but one with your crappy LED crap. The other one I ain't sure what it is. Halogen? Mercury-halide? What ever it is, it pours out heat worse than a damn infrared heatlamp.

Anyway, I did not go for this BS, so I went to the salvage yard, bought me three incandescent stand lamps and one thingie with a lightbulb screw-n fixture on one end and a corded plug on the other, which I hang from the ceiling. So now I have a choice. When I use LED crap my tiny studio turns into a sweatbox within four hours. When I use incandescent, the temperature rises a little, but is tolerable. Now I got a portable air conditioner, so I could set that up and use your gawdawful LEDs...but why would I? Your crap:
    1. Raises the temperature in my studio to the point I have to turn into a nudist!
    2. Puts out less light than incandescent, and that light is an inferior quality.
    3. Costs more, and when the bulb burns out the landlord has to come by to replace it.
    Not only will I not break out the portable air conditioner to accommodate this "Nanny State' crap, I will make no such accommodations whatever! What I will do is continue to stockpile incandescent bulbs, and use what works best. Exactly as I did when the braindeads outlawed plastic bags, and made recycling mandatory.

• Funny Funny x 1