The GOP's finest "joke". Something many religious take seriously.

The real interpretation is that the GOP will continue it's attempt to ignore all science in favor of keeping the money flowing from the big energy corporations to their campaigns. The GOP cares nothing about the future, just the present campaign.

A few years ago, I would have said that they care nothing about future generations. However, as the last three years have demonstrated, the consequences of the warming are no longer in the future, they are here and now.

By it's very anti-science stance, the GOP is clearly not the people to handle dealing with those consequences. We will see the same type of response that we saw in Katrina. They will appoint some person whose qualifications are that of a failed horse show manager, and then try to blame everybody else for their failure. Only this time, it will not be one little location in the nation, but a series of problems, droughts, fires, floods, and storms. If the GOP controls the government, you are on your own.

The real interpretation is that the GOP will continue it's attempt to ignore all science in favor of keeping the money flowing from the big energy corporations to their campaigns. The GOP cares nothing about the future, just the present campaign.

A few years ago, I would have said that they care nothing about future generations. However, as the last three years have demonstrated, the consequences of the warming are no longer in the future, they are here and now.

By it's very anti-science stance, the GOP is clearly not the people to handle dealing with those consequences. We will see the same type of response that we saw in Katrina. They will appoint some person whose qualifications are that of a failed horse show manager, and then try to blame everybody else for their failure. Only this time, it will not be one little location in the nation, but a series of problems, droughts, fires, floods, and storms. If the GOP controls the government, you are on your own.
Hysterical fear-mongering is not science.

But it's all you've got.

What happened to cause Republicans to turn away from science and education?

oil & mining lobbyists $

And the "Alternative" is $2 per ear CORN??? It's easy to slap oil and mining up the side of the head until you get pushed to produce results that don't force us to live like hobbits.

The Left has NO ADVANTAGE to being Anti-Science. Most of the crystal worshipping, New age, homeopaths I know are declared deep left. MOST of them don't know the diff between an Atomic Bomb, a nuclear power plant and a Barium Enema.

And they were SNOOKERED by concepts like Biomass, Ethanol, Embryionic Stem Cells, Hydro, MTBE and GeoThermal (talk about mining operations with enviro impact!!!)

And they are mostly the ones claiming that NOTHING CAN BE DONE until you prove it is COMPLETELY harmless. If that Leftist "precautionary principle" were applied to EVERYTHING in Science -- we'd be out of Bio-Engineering, NanoTech, and ASPIRIN tomorrow.

Shut the F-Up willya?

Last edited:

Tell me something, why do you think Obama being pretentious has anything to do with science?

Tell me something, why do you think Obama being pretentious has anything to do with science?
Like all Obamabots, he believes Obama's pronouncements actually alter reality.

Once again the radical left uses hate filled insulting words like "rape and pillage" in an argument about the environment. What is going on in the left wing mind?

Will I ever see a thread that you defend? Or is this like a running gag where you take a Wiley Coyote dump and then flee?

I can't imagine whatthehell you get out of littering the public space with graffiti that only you apparently think is valuable...

Will I ever see a thread that you defend? Or is this like a running gag where you take a Wiley Coyote dump and then flee?

I can't imagine whatthehell you get out of littering the public space with graffiti that only you apparently think is valuable...

I defend all my threads. With links and data. I think that's important.

For instance, I posted this info about Republicans and science:

528-54.gif

Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion | Pew Research Centers

So right wingers on this site insist they didn't poll "real" scientists. No evidence. Just saying the lie is enough.

Or when I point out that there are scientific organizations that are "Gay, Black, Hispanic, Women" and so on, they say that science isn't "partisan". The truth is these groups see the importance of science and blacks want more blacks in science. Gays want more gays. It's role models helping children that are part of their groups.

There is no "organization of conservative scientists". Because conservatives don't believe in science.

You can't get through to these right wingers. They are totally indoctrinated. I just throw out the truth every now and then in the hopes that once in a while, these dupes will actually go learn something.

Some of the things they say are so strange and odd.

The idea that demand creates jobs is "absurd".

Let them die.

The Grand Canyon was created by Noah's Flood.

Mitt Romney saying we need less police, less firemen and less teachers.

That scientists are on the government dole so they lie all the time.

Obama was born in Kenya.

You can't argue with "crazy" because it's "crazy". You just throw a little truth out there now and then. Sometimes, they say I make this stuff up. I couldn't. The things they think would never enter my mind. It's too bizarre.

Nuts?

http://hinterlandgazette.com/tag/rnc-delegates-throw-nuts-at-patricia-carroll
patricia-carroll-black-cnn-camerawoman.png

Last edited by a moderator:
With Romney's "joke" about "rising waters", once again, Republicans put on display their disdain for science. In one cheap joke, they offended reason in so many ways. On Morning Joe, Gov. Scott Walker said it was the best line of the night.

Many religious see humans as "stewards" of the planet. Republicans see the planet as something to rape and pillage.

Scientists have warned us of the consequences of our actions. Republicans see science as a "faith" and say scientists are liars who are on the "dole".

The worlds weather patterns are changing. It's something we can look directly at. Republicans, who don't believe in science, have explanations backed by "gut feeling" and "imagination". The same things that guide their foreign and economic policies.

As long as these people run America, we as so screwed.

You're officially an idiot Dean.
Attempt to tie Romney's statement to AGW deniers if you like but the fact is Romney was referring SPECIFICALLY to one of the many lies spouted by Obama in '08.

528-54.gif

So right wingers on this site insist they didn't poll "real" scientists. No evidence. Just saying the lie is enough.

Or when I point out that there are scientific organizations that are "Gay, Black, Hispanic, Women" and so on, they say that science isn't "partisan". The truth is these groups see the importance of science and blacks want more blacks in science. Gays want more gays. It's role models helping children that are part of their groups.

There is no "organization of conservative scientists". Because conservatives don't believe in science.

You can't get through to these right wingers. They are totally indoctrinated. I just throw out the truth every now and then in the hopes that once in a while, these dupes will actually go learn something.

Let them die.

Obama was born in Kenya.

You can't argue with "crazy" because it's "crazy". You just throw a little truth out there now and then. Sometimes, they say I make this stuff up. I couldn't. The things they think would never enter my mind. It's too bizarre.

Nuts?

RNC Delegates Throw Nuts At Patricia Carroll - The Hinterland Gazette | The Hinterland Gazette

See what I'm saying? Put a little truth out there and right wingers say you are officially an idiot. They can't disagree so they slander. What else do they have? Every one of their polices are a failure and a disaster. The only thing they will take responsibility for is getting Bin Laden. Something they had nothing to do with.

Gee RDerp -- I was hoping to clean up ONE pile of steaming droppings before you laid any 10 or 20 on me.. Can't you FOCUS?

I'm not gonna be swayed by politically biasing polling. That's your 1st problem. Polling average citizens about they "FEEL" that scientists are more Republican or Democrat is the worst kind of shit you can bring in the name of science.

And mixing that with accusations with ill-concieved "facts" about demand creating jobs is ALSO "not science". In fact -- if you handed out $1000 checks to every American to stimulate jobs TODAY -- the likely result is that will create jobs ---- MOSTLY IN CHINA. Because you want to use OLD and ANTIQUATED notions from when America MADE TVs and toasters and shoes and toys and phones. What creates American jobs in a GLOBAL economy where we have shed our manufacturing sector and supply chain is largely Innovation SCIENTIFIC LEADERSHIP and Product Development -- not consumption.

BTW -- I thought lefties had a HUGE problem with encouraging consumption.. -- Or don't you see the logical irony in your position on stimulating "demand"?

Seems like you have a problem focusing on just what Science is and does. And WHO is politicizing the process. Like when California decided to slap George Bush in the face for dragging his feet on EMBRYONIC Stem Cell research and spent $BILLs that they didn't have on a CALI ESC facility that hasn't produced DIDDLY in terms of BETTER outcomes than research based on NON-Embryonic cell research..

Or why your Lefty minions are the prime opposition for bio-engineering, nuclear power and nanotech.. Or why they don't want to save lives making our food supply SAFER with Irradiation Technology.

It's that last line there that will cause you to learn something FAR MORE SIGNIFICANT than a PEW poll...

Last edited:

528-54.gif

Let them die.

Obama was born in Kenya.

Nuts?

RNC Delegates Throw Nuts At Patricia Carroll - The Hinterland Gazette | The Hinterland Gazette

You don't defend anything, you don't know how.

There is no "organization of conservative scientists" because conservatives don't pimp out science as a weapon against political opponents.. Your conclusion does not follow your observation.

Why don't we discuss the very LEFTIST CONCEPT of the "Precautionary Principle" -- a prominent modern political statement on how science should be used? And tell me why it is that this PRIMARY LEFTIST tenet wants to PREEMPT rational scientific limits of harm in favor of unobtainable PROOF of NO HARM in order to give govt blessing for an idea or a legal limit?

Last edited:
At present it is the GOP that is denying the science. It is the GOP that are dancing to the tune of the big energy companies and repeating their lies concerning the climate changes that are obvious to all but the blind.

It is also many scientists that are denying the 'science'. They remember that 'consensus' is not a part of science.

With Romney's "joke" about "rising waters", once again, Republicans put on display their disdain for science. In one cheap joke, they offended reason in so many ways. On Morning Joe, Gov. Scott Walker said it was the best line of the night.

Many religious see humans as "stewards" of the planet. Republicans see the planet as something to rape and pillage.

Scientists have warned us of the consequences of our actions. Republicans see science as a "faith" and say scientists are liars who are on the "dole".

The worlds weather patterns are changing. It's something we can look directly at. Republicans, who don't believe in science, have explanations backed by "gut feeling" and "imagination". The same things that guide their foreign and economic policies.

As long as these people run America, we as so screwed.

You're officially an idiot Dean.
Attempt to tie Romney's statement to AGW deniers if you like but the fact is Romney was referring SPECIFICALLY to one of the many lies spouted by Obama in '08.

And Romney knows a lie when he sees one, having crafted so many himeslf over the decades.

Desperation ....

Pathetic...

What's happens on election night? You jump off a building?

If Romney wins, you must make yourself look respectable and loose the bad language

So if Obama wins, the world is flat, poor people are pushed down by wealthy whites...

Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and Native Americans are always discriminated against...

No one will ever pay for health care, the world is flat, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah...

Is this the only theme the Liberal Left knows?

No wonder that can not get beyond the world being flat...

So why do you lie?
Isn't Texas BEAUTIFUL????

fen-river-pollution_155_600x450.jpg

From the file name: fen-river-pollution.

The Fen River is in China. Even the most stupid of stupid people knows that China is not in Texas.

But apparently, dean is even stupider than that.
But you're not stupid in that case. You knew full well that river is in China.

But you deliberatly claimed it was in Texas.

Is that what you call "defend all my threads. With links and data"?

You're a liar. Period.

528-54.gif

You lie yet again.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/176979-the-science-of-6-of-scientists.html

You're a liar, derp. Just a piece of shit liar.

Forum List

Back