The gop was right to pull out of the debt discussion

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
As Israel has learned over the years you can't negotiate when you don't have a willing partner to negotiate with. Listen closely to what the administration wanted to include in this negotiation. Things their own party couldn't even pass when they had "complete" control.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWv4Oq0d7TE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Why the debt talks failed‬‏[/ame]

• Banned
Because the other thread had turned into personal vendetta's between a few posters. I felt like this information was worthy of scrutiny without being lost to a bunch of people who were too busy stroking their egos.

Dem's do not want to cut spending period.
They are trying to spin it to a Repub problem, that repubs are not being reasonable, when it's the Senate Dem's who will not be reasonable.
The Senate Dem's know that raising taxes will not pass in the house. There are Dem's and Repub's in the house who will not go along with raising taxes.
The Senate Dem's want to raise taxes,when we are headed toward a second recession. Talk about being unreasonable.

They are trying to spin it to a Repub problem, that repubs are not being reasonable, when it's the Senate Dem's who will not be reasonable.
The Senate Dem's know that raising taxes will not pass in the house. There are Dem's and Repub's in the house who will not go along with raising taxes.
The Senate Dem's want to raise taxes,when we are headed toward a second recession. Talk about being unreasonable.

40 House Republicans JUST voted for a tax increase, when they voted to eliminate subsidies for the Ethanol Industry. What do you mean, they won't go along with raising taxes?

• Banned

40 House Republicans JUST voted for a tax increase, when they voted to eliminate subsidies for the Ethanol Industry. What do you mean, they won't go along with raising taxes?

Corporate welfare needs to stop. But that's for another topic is it not?

No? Wasn't it Boehner and Cantor who insisted that Obama extend the Bush tax cuts, saying that if he did not, it would be a tax increase?

PLUS....if they were really trying to stop corporate welfare, why didn't they end ALL Federal subsidies to corporations, like maybe, I don't know.....BIG OIL?

McConnell has the correct motorcycle:

An incredulous Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell put it well when he said, "This isn't just mystifying, it's farcical. I mean, most Americans had to wonder if they were dreaming this morning when they saw this headline: 'Democrats call for new spending in U.S. debt deal' More spending? As a solution to a debt crisis? What planet are they on?"

Desperate Democrats jump the stimulus shark | Examiner Editorial | Opinion | Washington Examiner

PLUS....if they were really trying to stop corporate welfare, why didn't they end ALL Federal subsidies to corporations, like maybe, I don't know.....BIG OIL?

We need to reform the entire tax code in a separate negotiation. The "subsidies" for Big Oil are mostly accelerated depreciation of capital equipment which is a tax feature for all industries. It means they pay less in taxes now, but their taxes increase in the future as they have already taken the depreciation deduction.

Getting rid of appreciated acceleration will just slow investment and retard job growth further. But given that the Left really does want to see the total destruction of the vestiges of a free economy in the U.S., it's not surprising that you'd advocate for this.

As Israel has learned over the years you can't negotiate when you don't have a willing partner to negotiate with. Listen closely to what the administration wanted to include in this negotiation. Things their own party couldn't even pass when they had "complete" control.

YouTube - ‪Why the debt talks failed‬‏

I still can't make you tube work could you give me a synopsis?

The senator says the democrats insist on 2 things that will never pass so their is no room to negotiate. They want tax increases and more spending programs.

YouTube - ‪Why the debt talks failed‬‏

I still can't make you tube work could you give me a synopsis?

Basically the dems want to raise Taxes and raise spending and the Reps are holding the line on both. McConnell points out how when the left had control of the senate they couldn't pass the tax increase they wanted then. He also points out that the President is in hiding and will not come out and make a public statement about what he want's.

The Reps are waiting for the dems to pull their collective heads out of their ass's so real negotiations can take place tax increase's will not take place nor will spending increases.

What part of majority don't you want to understand.
There are 242 Repubs and 193 Dems and you are talking about 40 repubs?
They majority in the house will not pass tax increases and it includes Dems and Repubs.
The Senate knows this.

We need to reform the entire tax code in a separate negotiation. The "subsidies" for Big Oil are mostly accelerated depreciation of capital equipment which is a tax feature for all industries. It means they pay less in taxes now, but their taxes increase in the future as they have already taken the depreciation deduction.

Getting rid of appreciated acceleration will just slow investment and retard job growth further. But given that the Left really does want to see the total destruction of the vestiges of a free economy in the U.S., it's not surprising that you'd advocate for this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdi4onAQBWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪SHOCK Audio Unearthed OBAMA TELLS SAN FRANCISCO HE WILL BANKRUPT THE COAL INDUSTRY‬‏[/ame]

Thanks for the links. How do demonRats get so deaf and so dumb? Read my lips! No more spending.

Thanks for the links. How do demonRats get so deaf and so dumb? Read my lips! No more spending.

It really is amazing that at this point in time that he left thinks it can continue play political games with this nations Health....how hard is it to understand we are broke congratulations to both sides for that but now is not the time to play games with our economy our nation is hurting our people are really hurting. What part of this is so damn hard to understand.

It really does just astound me that they can be sooooo stupid as to try to push for more spending programs in a discussion about debt. I have another thread on why they want more stimulus now too.

Hence forth all democrats shall be known as Barney Fife.

Forum List

Back