The GOP war on American Voters continues

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
The Free Press -- Independent News Media - Election Issues

6) Michigan elections director Christopher Thomas said his state had removed about 11,000 voters in August, while the Times estimated the real number to be closer to 33,000. Thomas refused to make the purged files public. Michigan Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land is a long-standing Republican partisan whose political activism traces back to the mid-70s when she worked for Gerald Ford's campaign in high school. Critics charge that she functions in the traditional of Florida's Katherine Harris and Ohio's J. Kenneth Blackwell.

8) A CBS News report has revealed organized caging attempts by the GOP to eliminate registered voters from the rolls in 19 states. The report marks one of the first initiated by a corporate news organization isolating Republican anti-vote campaigning.

12) CNN has reported that Obama's surging poll numbers may leave him "in position to steal Virginia from the GOP." Virginia hasn't backed a Democratic presidential candidate since Lyndon Johnson in 1964, but CNN's use of the word "steal" has raised hackles among election protection activists who argue the flow of theft is in the other direction.

After all this going on, how can people on this board continue to say that the GOP isn't trying to get people who are legally able not have the right to vote?

When are you going to stop living on speculation and show us evidence of a crime ?

The evidence is right there.

Lets face it dillo, as a Con you will never believe the Republicans would do such a thing. So why try to say that you would look at this with a objective face?

Lets face it dillo, as a Con you will never believe the Republicans would do such a thing. So why try to say that you would look at this with a objective face?

I've 'known' Dillo a long time. I don't like him. He's no 'con.'

I've 'known' Dillo a long time. I don't like him. He's no 'con.'

Well in my time on here, I've not seen Dillo call out a Republican once.

Other then the fact if I recall that Dillo doesn't like John McCain for recent actions like the bailout,etc. I could be wrong on that one though.

I believe a politician would do anything. That doesn't mean they have until I see some proof.

Well in my time on here, I've not seen Dillo call out a Republican once.

Other then the fact if I recall that Dillo doesn't like John McCain for recent actions like the bailout,etc. I could be wrong on that one though.

Could be.

I believe a politician would do anything. That doesn't mean they have until I see some proof.

Well did you bother to look at the links? Or you just took a single glance and went "Conspiracy!"

If they are doing something illegal then charge them with a crime. The great 'Palin Scandal' is another good example of this kind of hysteria.

Why not bring up some of the stories of hysteria done by the GOP then?

Oh wait, you believe those to be truth but not these.

Take off the blinders dillo, you ignored my question if you even bothered to look at the links. Since it only took you two minutes to post a response, I doubt so.

Why not bring up some of the stories of hysteria done by the GOP then?

Oh wait, you believe those to be truth but not these.

Take off the blinders dillo, you ignored my question if you even bothered to look at the links. Since it only took you two minutes to post a response, I doubt so.

Whatever you say, Robby. See how you jumped to another conclusion with no evidence ? It's cool--I'm honored that you are making such an effort to lay a "gotcha" on me. It's nearly as good as being in a Ravi poll. :lol:

Examples of proven or alleged political caging
From the Washington Post: "In 1981, the Republican National Committee sent letters to predominantly black neighborhoods in New Jersey, and when 45,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the committee compiled a challenge list to remove those voters from the rolls. The RNC sent off-duty law enforcement officials to the polls and hung posters in heavily black neighborhoods warning that violating election laws is a crime." Republicans however, denied that black voters were the target. An attorney for the RNC, Bobby Burchfield, stated that "troubling reports" of fictitious names such as Mary Poppins were appearing on Ohio's rolls and that is what prompted the challenges.

The Washington Post[11]: "In 1986, the RNC tried to have 31,000 voters, most of them black, removed from the rolls in Louisiana when a party mailer was returned. The consent decrees that resulted prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that target minorities or conduct mail campaigns to 'compile voter challenge lists.'" The Republican National Committee reportedly stopped the practice following the consent decree in the 1986 case, but allegations of RNC-conducted voter caging arose once again in the 2004 elections.

Examples of proven or alleged political caging
From the Washington Post: "In 1981, the Republican National Committee sent letters to predominantly black neighborhoods in New Jersey, and when 45,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the committee compiled a challenge list to remove those voters from the rolls. The RNC sent off-duty law enforcement officials to the polls and hung posters in heavily black neighborhoods warning that violating election laws is a crime." Republicans however, denied that black voters were the target. An attorney for the RNC, Bobby Burchfield, stated that "troubling reports" of fictitious names such as Mary Poppins were appearing on Ohio's rolls and that is what prompted the challenges.

The Washington Post[11]: "In 1986, the RNC tried to have 31,000 voters, most of them black, removed from the rolls in Louisiana when a party mailer was returned. The consent decrees that resulted prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that target minorities or conduct mail campaigns to 'compile voter challenge lists.'" The Republican National Committee reportedly stopped the practice following the consent decree in the 1986 case, but allegations of RNC-conducted voter caging arose once again in the 2004 elections.

Hang the people who did that.

The consent decrees that resulted prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that target minorities or conduct mail campaigns to 'compile voter challenge lists.'" The Republican National Committee reportedly stopped the practice following the consent decree in the 1986 case, but allegations of RNC-conducted voter caging arose once again in the 2004 elections.

Then you will have no current leadership left Dillo.

This is what the current party is doing by harrassing ACORN.

Forum List

Back