The GOP plan for Obamacare could kill more people each year than gun homicides, HIV and Skin Cancer

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
"There will be deaths": Atul Gawande on the GOP plan to replace Obamacare

“The bottom line,” Gawande told Vox, “is that if you’re passing a bill that cuts $1.2 trillion in taxes that have paid for health care coverage, there’s almost no way that does not end up terminating insurance for large numbers of people.”

He continued: “If you are doing that, then there’s clear evidence that you will be harming people. You will be hurting their access to care. You will be harming their health — their physical health and mental health. There will be deaths.

It also means the debate about the repeal and replacement of Obamacare, and whatever health law, if any, comes next, is really a debate about what we value as a society and whether we consider these costs worthwhile.

The GOP plan for Obamacare could kill more people each year than gun homicides

And 24,000 is still a large number. That’s more than the death tolls from firearm homicides, HIV, and skin cancer in the US each year.

Again, the Congressional Budget Office analysis suggests 24 million people will lose insurance under the GOP’s American Health Care Act, which is more than the 20 million these estimates are based on. The CBO estimates the plan will include particularly steep cuts to Medicaid, which covers the most vulnerable Americans, including pregnant women, the disabled, children, and the working poor. It’s their lives that are on the line now.

Koch chief says health care bill insufficiently conservative

-----------------------------
Koch political leader says GOP healthcare bill not conservative enough

The Billionaire Koch brothers feel the Senate Bill doesn't go far enough. They need more people dying to get a bigger tax cut.

• Banned
I only want to know why Republicans hate the average American.

"There will be deaths": Atul Gawande on the GOP plan to replace Obamacare

“The bottom line,” Gawande told Vox, “is that if you’re passing a bill that cuts $1.2 trillion in taxes that have paid for health care coverage, there’s almost no way that does not end up terminating insurance for large numbers of people.”

He continued: “If you are doing that, then there’s clear evidence that you will be harming people. You will be hurting their access to care. You will be harming their health — their physical health and mental health. There will be deaths.

It also means the debate about the repeal and replacement of Obamacare, and whatever health law, if any, comes next, is really a debate about what we value as a society and whether we consider these costs worthwhile.

The GOP plan for Obamacare could kill more people each year than gun homicides

And 24,000 is still a large number. That’s more than the death tolls from firearm homicides, HIV, and skin cancer in the US each year.

Again, the Congressional Budget Office analysis suggests 24 million people will lose insurance under the GOP’s American Health Care Act, which is more than the 20 million these estimates are based on. The CBO estimates the plan will include particularly steep cuts to Medicaid, which covers the most vulnerable Americans, including pregnant women, the disabled, children, and the working poor. It’s their lives that are on the line now.

Koch chief says health care bill insufficiently conservative

-----------------------------
Koch political leader says GOP healthcare bill not conservative enough

The Billionaire Koch brothers feel the Senate Bill doesn't go far enough. They need more people dying to get a bigger tax cut.
a8801e9f538ac506b77de4d87ec0402a.jpg

I hate to break your bubble, but the mortality rate of all of us is 100%.

You have to reduce the population of useless eaters somehow.

this is the average republicans main goal.... population control
They are Pro Life for the entire gestation period ...after that its 'Katie bar the door" Ayn rand gang land style ...
Their not even pro life, theyre pro-abstinence, and anti-pregnancy, there about as anti-life as you can get, they dont actually give a shit about dead fetuses that's just propaganda.

They are Pro Life for the entire gestation period ...after that its 'Katie bar the door" Ayn rand gang land style ...
Their not even pro life, theyre pro-abstinence, and anti-pregnancy, there about as anti-life as you can get, they dont actually give a shit about dead fetuses that's just propaganda.
you are correct sir !!
Granny strangling on behalf of tax cuts for billionaires is pretty much routine for the Repugnant party
14938247_1095522050568980_4386387204226478080_n.jpg

you are correct sir !!

you are correct sir !!
Granny strangling on behalf of tax cuts for billionaires is pretty much routine for the Repugnant party
You should be happy they are not gassing the elderly in mass.

look how vague that statement is "You have to reduce the population of useless eaters somehow." he's not talking about the rich and the trust fund babies, who never lift a finger their whole lives, he means the poor, just the general murdering of the poor.

That's why none of them care about global warming, they actively encourage the complete end of the world. 42% of Americans think the world is 10,000 years old. Who do you think they vote for? The people promising a bright future, or the people actively bringing about the apocalypse so that Jesus will come back in their lifetime?

I only want to know why you continue to waste bandwidth with these stupid strings, R-Derp!

You progressives deliberately passed a healthcare bill that was designed to fail. For you now to turn around and wail about how draconian the GOP is as they try to fix what you deliberately screwed up in the first place takes a staggering amount of chutzpah! The average middle class American got screwed by the Affordable Care Act! Why didn't you Democrats care about them? Then you wonder why they didn't vote for your candidate? (eye roll)

I only want to know why you continue to waste bandwidth with these stupid strings, R-Derp!

You progressives deliberately passed a healthcare bill that was designed to fail. For you now to turn around and wail about how draconian the GOP is as they try to fix what you deliberately screwed up in the first place takes a staggering amount of chutzpah! The average middle class American got screwed by the Affordable Care Act! Why didn't you Democrats care about them? Then you wonder why they didn't vote for your candidate? (eye roll)
Bull shit "progressives" wanted universal healthcare, they compromised with the republicans to pass the ACA which was designed by the heritage foundation, and originally called Romneycare, they've been lying and fear mongering for 8 long years and in all that time nobody has come up with an alternative, and they have absolutely no plan

Bull shit "progressives" wanted universal healthcare, they compromised with the republicans to pass the ACA which was designed by the heritage foundation, and originally called Romneycare, they've been lying and fear mongering for 8 long years and in all that time nobody has come up with an alternative, and they have absolutely no plan

Seriously, Purple? You have a "selective" memory! Obama, Pelosi and Reid pushed through the ACA in direct opposition of the American people's wishes...rushing to get something passed before the Republican lawmakers elected in 2010 to stop Obamacare could be seated! There was no compromise with Republicans...there were back room deals with Democrats getting paid off to support the ACA...outright bribes in order to convince fellow Democrats to sign their names to legislation that they KNEW was designed to fail!

Seriously, Purple? You have a "selective" memory! Obama, Pelosi and Reid pushed through the ACA in direct opposition of the American people's wishes...rushing to get something passed before the Republican lawmakers elected in 2010 to stop Obamacare could be seated! There was no compromise with Republicans...there were back room deals with Democrats getting paid off to support the ACA...outright bribes in order to convince fellow Democrats to sign their names to legislation that they KNEW was designed to fail!
now your accusing them of bribery lol? with no proof of course like always, if anyone is taking bribes from the insurance companies its the GOP theyre has to be single republican out there who is not batshit crazy. The "American people" want universal healthcare, a handful of lawmakers and sycophants want to kill off the poor and kick everyone, even kids off their health insurance

Bull shit "progressives" wanted universal healthcare, they compromised with the republicans to pass the ACA which was designed by the heritage foundation, and originally called Romneycare ...

How was it a compromise with Republicans? How many Republicans voted for ACA?

Bull shit "progressives" wanted universal healthcare, they compromised with the republicans to pass the ACA which was designed by the heritage foundation, and originally called Romneycare ...

they designed it, they just decided last minute to oppose it, because the black guy was in office. If george bush had passed it they would be calling it the greatest piece of legislation in world history.... But he was to busy de-regulating wall street and invading foreign countries for oil

they designed it

I get that. But none of them voted for it. The Democrats could have passed anything they wanted. So, to say the "really" wanted single-payer but the Republicans wouldn't let them is a lie.

Over 130 amendments from the GOP was added into the bill. Republicans, being lying slime, campaigned against healthcare until their ignorant minions believed the leadership. And now two thirds of Americans want healthcare. But Republicans are slime. Who cheers death? Besides the GOP, Isis and al Qaeda?

My bad. I made a mistake. After looking at the GOP's "healthcare" bill, I should ask "Who cheers death MORE?" Isis? The GOP? or al Qaeda? Cuz if it's a contest, with this healthcare bill, Republicans win by a mile.

Over 130 amendments from the GOP was added into the bill.

Why? If none of them voted for it, why indulge them at all? If it was the vain hope that some of them would actually vote for it, when it was clear it wasn't going to happen, why not rip out the amendments?

Seriously, what's the point in voting for Democrats if they're simply going to do the Republicans' bidding?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back