The GOP Path to Prosperity — 6 TRILLION in Budget Cuts

They work for an organization that requires massive taxpayer bailouts.

That's parasitical. You can continue to deny it all you want, but it's the truth.

I worked for a company in the 90s that proposed an automated sorting system that would have saved the USPS a huge amount of money. But the union contracts required that, even if sorting was done via a machine, the employees would still be paid for standing around doing nothing but watch the machine. Yep, parasites.

I say, if the true cost of 1st Class postage is $2.50, then so be it. People will be forced to see and pay the true cost (which is shielded from them through subsidies) and will willfully decide whether or not to use the USPS. If it can't sustain itself on rates alone... let it die.

No business is forever.

I agree with this. It's just unfortunate that people would call the workers themselves parasites simply for working there and doing their damn job.

Well, parasite is a strong word... but there is indeed a strong sense of entitlement among many government and USPS workers.

Calling our soldiers parasites won't sit well with your rightwing pals around here.

I thought you were a post office worker.

No.

I guess the Founders were against having a Post Office?

lololololol

The USPS is a relic... 95% of mail goes right in the shredder. A book of Forever stamps will last me, well, forever. All my bills are on auto pay and i have these new fangled things called e-mail, text and a phone.

Who the hell is mailing letters?

:lol:

I say, if the true cost of 1st Class postage is $2.50, then so be it. People will be forced to see and pay the true cost (which is shielded from them through subsidies) and will willfully decide whether or not to use the USPS. If it can't sustain itself on rates alone... let it die.

No business is forever.

I agree with this. It's just unfortunate that people would call the workers themselves parasites simply for working there and doing their damn job.

Well, parasite is a strong word... but there is indeed a strong sense of entitlement among many government and USPS workers.

That's your purely biased partisan opinion.

If I'm going to be mad at anyone in Government it's going to be Legislators, not regular employees. That's asinine. They're regular Americans with Careers. It's not less virtuous than any other career for the sole reason it's Public.

I thought you were a post office worker.

No.

lololololol

The USPS is a relic... 95% of mail goes right in the shredder. A book of Forever stamps will last me, well, forever. All my bills are on auto pay and i have these new fangled things called e-mail, text and a phone.

People with Weddings, people who enjoy sending/receiving Holiday and Birthday cards, people who have showers / coctail parties / etc. etc. etc.

Indeed, they are. The Post Office is an antiquated, inefficient organization which is consistently bailed out by taxpayers.

Sorry, PO Workers themselves aren't parasites simply because you feel they're inefficient or they're insufficiently managed. Unless you're taking the irrational position that every postal worker is in Management. :cuckoo:

That same type of reasoning gave German Prison guards a pass...

Sorry, bub. If a person accepts a job in a corrupt organization, said person is part of that organization.

Did you really just compare Postal workers to Nazi soldiers? Seriously? WTF is wrong with you? Postal workers carry the mail, Nazi soldiers.....oh forget it, it's not even worth explaining this to you.

If I'm going to be mad at anyone in Government it's going to be Legislators, not regular employees. That's asinine. They're regular Americans with Careers. It's not less virtuous than any other career for the sole reason it's Public.

No, it's my opinion having worked with numerous Federal, state and local agencies as well as things said to me by former coworkers who's husbands were Letter Carriers.

And no, I am not saying every single government or USPS worker has an entitlement mentality, I am saying that a lot of them do based on my experiences... so simmer down Beavis.

Last edited:
No.

lololololol

People with Weddings, people who enjoy sending/receiving Holiday and Birthday cards, people who have showers / coctail parties / etc. etc. etc.

Showers? What does mail have to do with bathing?

No, it's my opinion having worked with numerous Federal, state and local agencies as well as things said to me by former coworkers who's husbands were Letter Carriers.

And no, I am not saying every single government or USPS worker has an entitlement mentality, I am saying that a lot of them do based on my expoeriences... so simmer down Beavis.

It's just coincidentally you're a Conservative(ocd enough about politics to be a "message boarder/arguer") and have the view that Public Employees have an "entitlement mentality," sure, purely objective opinion I'm so sure.

Last edited:

your question was answered.

Also: most major corps use the mail for advertising.

Yeah, because they get taxpayer funded bulk mailing rates...

I'm a conservative who doesn't like the idea of taxpayer backed guarantees of lifetime employment and benefits for a job that may or may not be obsolete. It isn't reality....

Destroying medicare is the path to prosperity?

Increasing joblessness in the face of a fragile economy is the path to prosperity?

I hope Ryan gets smacked down.

Let me know when you want to talk about cutting military expenses.

You obviously didn't read the editorial. I know this because I know you cannot read.
He specifically mentions implementing the cuts that Sec Gates has proposed.
Where do you see "destroying medicare" anywhere in there? The object here is to save medicare. The Dems are interested in destroying it by letting its costs get out of control. The GOP wants to save it by letting states take block grants and come up with their own solutions. An idea the Founders would have applauded, since they wanted gov't devolved to the lowest levels.

Why are the founders relevant?

Because they created our Republic based on lasting principles.

The principles of good government havent changed. The people are just ignorant of them.

I'm a conservative who doesn't like the idea of taxpayer backed guarantees of lifetime employment and benefits for a job that may or may not be obsolete. It isn't reality....

Public jobs are not a life-time guarantee.
Having a pension is 110% reasonable, in any job.

The job being obsolete, itself, the blame belongs to the Legislators, not the Employees themselves.

You obviously didn't read the editorial. I know this because I know you cannot read.
He specifically mentions implementing the cuts that Sec Gates has proposed.
Where do you see "destroying medicare" anywhere in there? The object here is to save medicare. The Dems are interested in destroying it by letting its costs get out of control. The GOP wants to save it by letting states take block grants and come up with their own solutions. An idea the Founders would have applauded, since they wanted gov't devolved to the lowest levels.

Why are the founders relevant?

Because they created our Republic based on lasting principles.

The principles of good government havent changed. The people are just ignorant of them.

You have to understand... the Founders were all a bunch of racist old white men who owned slaves, hated Muslims, were fundamentalist wacko Christians who created this obsolete document that now inhibits the implementation of the Utopian Dream State.

Get with the program damnit!

The job being obsolete, itself, the blame belongs to the Legislators, not the Employees themselves.

Dude. seriously? It is the legislators responsibility to ensure that an industry never goes by the wayside? Times change... it;s why we don;t have ice houses and buggy whip factories.

Dude. seriously? It is the legislators responsibility to ensure that an industry never goes by the wayside? Times change... it;s why we don;t have ice houses and buggy whip factories.

Yes, seriously. If the Legislators are passing Budgets for Obsolete positions then they are Responsible.

Yes, seriously. If the Legislators are passing Budgets for Obsolete positions then they are Responsible.

You're all over the map on this one.

Later.

Fine, as long as we can do this with big agra and the meat monopolies. Deal? Enjoy that $25 diseased piece of corn and chicken poop-fed steak that spent the last 6 months of its life standing in 6 feet of feces. Righty morons... I would love to see big agra and the meat monopolies die. They are the main reason for our soaring health-care costs anyway. The western (corn) McDiet...

Good for Paul Ryan. If we're lucky, we'll see the New Deal and Great Society die in my lifetime. Hopefully soon.

Sorry, PO Workers themselves aren't parasites simply because you feel they're inefficient or they're insufficiently managed. Unless you're taking the irrational position that every postal worker is in Management. :cuckoo:

That same type of reasoning gave German Prison guards a pass...

Sorry, bub. If a person accepts a job in a corrupt organization, said person is part of that organization.

Did you really just compare Postal workers to Nazi soldiers? Seriously? WTF is wrong with you? Postal workers carry the mail, Nazi soldiers.....oh forget it, it's not even worth explaining this to you.

No, I didn't, you reading comprehension challenged moron.

I pointed out that the reasoning which claims USPS workers are not responsible for the nature of their organization leads to very dangerous justifications elsewhere.

Forum List

Back