The GOP Path to Prosperity — 6 TRILLION in Budget Cuts

And Progressivism is the intellectual enslavement of gullible morons.

Funny, I manage to have no debt, a home that's paid for, two cars that are paid for, a job that I only need every other paycheck to live on, and not a single worry, financially,

all on making mid five figures and paying more taxes than anyone in my brackets,

and I'm the moron??

How are the rest of you doing? How many of you can claim the same financial independence and security?

Ha. Not many. So STFU.

oh and a credit score of 830.:lol::lol::lol:

We have one thing in common: our credit score.

But I earned mine doing real work in the private sector instead of being a parasite.

How is he a parasite??

Don't tell me. He worked for the Govt and now has a cushy pension and HC plan payed for by we the people??

No. Not NYC. The smartest guy in the room??

Funny, I manage to have no debt, a home that's paid for, two cars that are paid for, a job that I only need every other paycheck to live on, and not a single worry, financially,

all on making mid five figures and paying more taxes than anyone in my brackets,

and I'm the moron??

How are the rest of you doing? How many of you can claim the same financial independence and security?

Ha. Not many. So STFU.

oh and a credit score of 830.:lol::lol::lol:

We have one thing in common: our credit score.

But I earned mine doing real work in the private sector instead of being a parasite.

Calling our soldiers parasites won't sit well with your rightwing pals around here.

I thought you were a post office worker.

Alright, so which idea of the founding fathers would not work in design of government today? Feel free to use federalist papers, jefferson letters, etc. to back your point up.

The other poster said the founders would approve of Ryan's plan. That's a preposterous speculation. That was my point.

Uh, yes they would. They would applaud bringing down government spending so that future generations who have had no voice in the matter are not burdened by the debt of their elders.

Would they have applauded Reagan for starting the deficit/debt spiral with massive tax cuts to deprive the government of the revenue it needed to pay for the spending that Reagan also signed into law?

Or Bush Sr.? Or Bush Jr.?

Oh and btw, after we've magically revived the founders, and transported them 200 plus years into the future, and after we re-educated them sufficiently to thoroughly understand the world as it is now compared to the world they lived in,

after all that, how is it possibly to also magically predict how they would view things?

Like I said, preposterous.

Maybe next we should debate whether Jesus would approve of Ryan's plan.

Indeed, they are. The Post Office is an antiquated, inefficient organization which is consistently bailed out by taxpayers.

Okay so now we've got Ryan's proposed Republican budget for the next fiscal year. All there in black and white for all to see, including the Dimocrats who never got around to doing their budget duties last year when they controlled all three houses...Congress, the Senate, and the white one. Yet now the feckless ones will find anything and everything wrong with the "draconian" Republican plan. So count on their normal amount of twisting, spinning, outright lying, obfuscating, and everything else in response and in lieu of any meaningful alternatives aimed at fixing the serious financial problems we must find solutions for now, not tomorrow.

The show's about to begin...

I like this:

As we strengthen and improve welfare programs for those who need them, we eliminate welfare for those who don't. Our budget targets corporate welfare, starting by ending the conservatorship of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac that is costing taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars. It gets rid of the permanent Wall Street bailout authority that Congress created last year. And it rolls back expensive handouts for uncompetitive sources of energy, calling instead for a free and open marketplace for energy development, innovation and exploration.

Paul Ryan: The GOP Path to Prosperity - WSJ.com

Indeed, they are. The Post Office is an antiquated, inefficient organization which is consistently bailed out by taxpayers.

Sorry, PO Workers themselves aren't parasites simply because you feel they're inefficient or they're insufficiently managed. Unless you're taking the irrational position that every postal worker is in Management. :cuckoo:

Let's cut the bullshit.

-Democrats controlled both houses and the executive. They still failed to make a budget.

-Republicans are proposing a budget that helps everyone and cuts inefficient programs and compensates for them (read the plan, if you disagree, and show where this is wrong)

-Democrats are still mad, even though republicans are not cutting welfare for those who need it, killing social security, etc. In other words, the plan is good.

-Democrats can not allow republicans to propose a plan that would actually work.

-Democrats would rather see the country burn than have the republicans try something that is leaps and bounds better than doing what the democrats would prefer as shown in 2008...NOTHING!

-Democrats just want power, and will throw America under the bus to get it. The democrats can not afford to admit that their opposition is going to help. They can't allow that because it makes them look bad. The only solution is to try to sling mud and hope that the American people are as dumb as they want them to be.

That's the no bullshit evaluation of the democrats on the budget.

Have republicans made mistakes in the past? Yep.
Have democrats made mistakes in the past? Yep.

Should this stop them from trying a new idea? Nope.

Last edited:

Sorry, PO Workers themselves aren't parasites simply because you feel they're inefficient or they're insufficiently managed. Unless you're taking the irrational position that every postal worker is in Management. :cuckoo:

That same type of reasoning gave German Prison guards a pass...

Sorry, bub. If a person accepts a job in a corrupt organization, said person is part of that organization.

Sorry, bub. If a person accepts a job in a corrupt organization, said person is part of that organization.

I'm sorry, but you're a tool. PO Workers are not parasites in any way shape or form. That's belligerence.

I'm sorry, but you're a tool. PO Workers are not parasites in any way shape or form. That's belligerence.

They work for an organization that requires massive taxpayer bailouts.

That's parasitical. You can continue to deny it all you want, but it's the truth.

I worked for a company in the 90s that proposed an automated sorting system that would have saved the USPS a huge amount of money. But the union contracts required that, even if sorting was done via a machine, the employees would still be paid for standing around doing nothing but watch the machine. Yep, parasites.

That's parasitical. You can continue to deny it all you want, but it's the truth.

I worked for a company in the 90s that proposed an automated sorting system that would have saved the USPS a huge amount of money. But the union contracts required that, even if sorting was done via a machine, the employees would still be paid for standing around doing nothing but watch the machine. Yep, parasites.

You're a tool, like I said.

PO Workers are to quit mid-career and up-root their lives because top-level retards cannot handle their responsibilities, or else be labeled by some loon as a "parasite?" That sounds great on nerdy partisan message boards and probably in your moth-ball smelling house, but in the real world that's ridiculous on its face.

You obviously didn't read the editorial. I know this because I know you cannot read.
He specifically mentions implementing the cuts that Sec Gates has proposed.
Where do you see "destroying medicare" anywhere in there? The object here is to save medicare. The Dems are interested in destroying it by letting its costs get out of control. The GOP wants to save it by letting states take block grants and come up with their own solutions. An idea the Founders would have applauded, since they wanted gov't devolved to the lowest levels.

poor little pretend rabbi....

:cuckoo:

Translation: No, I didnt read the editorial. But if it came from the GOP it must be no good. So I'll just substitute my own version of what I think the GOP is saying for what they are actually saying.

Are you pretending to be a lawyer or an economist today, counselor?

Jillian's always quick with the "I know you are, but what am I?" response.

PO Workers are to quit mid-career and up-root their lives because top-level retards cannot handle their responsibilities, or else be labeled by some loon as a "parasite?" That sounds great on nerdy partisan message boards and probably in your moth-ball smelling house, but in the real world that's ridiculous on its face.

Speaking of tools, you're a big government one.

Yes, workers in declining industries get displaced all of the time. What you fail to understand is that by propping them up, the money that could have gone into creating viable jobs is wasted in an ultimately futile effort.

As to the condition of my abode, it's quite airy and light - unlike the mildewed basement in your parents' house.

Last edited:

Speaking of tools, you're a big government one.

Yes, workers in declining industries get displaced all of the time. What you fail to understand is that by propping them up, the money that could have gone into creating viable jobs is wasted in an ultimately futile effort.

As to the condition of my abode, it's quite airy and light - unlike the mildewed basement in your parents' house.

That's irrelevant. Most Americans know they're lucky to have a job at all and aren't going to leave their fucking job because some wing-nut asshole labels them a parasite.

I say, if the true cost of 1st Class postage is $2.50, then so be it. People will be forced to see and pay the true cost (which is shielded from them through subsidies) and will willfully decide whether or not to use the USPS. If it can't sustain itself on rates alone... let it die.

No business is forever. Same for NPR which obviously isn't all that viable a business.

Last edited:

I say, if the true cost of 1st Class postage is $2.50, then so be it. People will be forced to see and pay the true cost (which is shielded from them through subsidies) and will willfully decide whether or not to use the USPS. If it can't sustain itself on rates alone... let it die.

No business is forever.

I agree with this. It's just unfortunate that people would call the workers themselves parasites simply for working there and doing their damn job.

That's almost the entire defense industry.

Forum List

Back