The GOP in trouble

There is no GOP any more. They are The Party of Trumpybear, who believe their executives, when in office, have unitary power and can ignore Congressional oversight as just so much partisan bickering. When Democrats are in office however they sing a completely different tune, where the President can be subjected to years of minuet scrutiny and must comply with every subpoena Congress issues.
/------/ " can ignore Congressional oversight"
We can ignore Congressional witch hunts and fishing expeditions. Have the vote, if the democRATs impeach Trump, then it moves to the Senate where Republicans can subpoena democRATs including Shytface.
View attachment 293110

Exactly the Trumpublican philosophy. Bet you think the years of Benghazi investigations were legitimate too, dontcha?
Four in the ambassador program died because Hillary had to paint her nails first, blindey, as she walked from her desk of power into Obama's Oval closet to boss him around. :rolleyes:

Contrary to known reality. Two died of smoke inhalation before the CIA Rescue team arrived and drove off the attackers and then evacuated every one but the Ambassador to the more secure CIA complex. They died because they went to the safe room where the exhaust fans had not been installed. The other two were killed by a mortar on an exposed roof top at the CIA complex several hours later.

Furthermore, the Obama administration did not deny any Congressional subpoenas for information nor did they ever instructed White House officials to ignore Congressional subpoenas.
Obama's main problem was he ignored the American people. However, corrupt poll practices got him re-elected. And that's what I think.

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

I'm sorry Trump supporters, I know you don't want to hear this, but your guy in the white house and your party are in trouble on this one. Unlike the Mueller report, which was heavy on legal jargon and short on clarity, this impeachment inquiry report paints a very clear picture of a President abusing his power for political gain, then trying to cover it up. To make matters worse, the Presidents attempts to intimidate and attack witnesses was largely unsuccessful, as a number of key people (some of them appointed by Republicans) came forward with 1st and 2nd hand evidence of the President's guilt. Even recent FOX news polls paint a picture of a President and a political party in decline. Donald J Trump has been able to mount only a vocal defence, relying mostly on personal insults and bluster. This will leave Senate Republicans is a difficult situation: Vote to keep Trump in office, and run the risk of losing reelection (over 20 Senate Republicans are up for reelection in 2020) or vote to remove him and admit they backed the wrong guy.

For those of you who think this all hogwash, I would point out that virtually none of you have even read the Mueller report (redactions or not) or this impeachment report. If you'd done so, most of you would be singing a different tune. For those who would like to do so, I've posted the links to them below.

Given today's political climate, I doubt Senate Republicans will vote to remove President Trump from office, but Republicans would do well to knock off the childish name calling, stop bitching about the Biden's and take a look in your own backyard:

Your party is in trouble!

Fox News Poll: 49 percent favor impeaching Trump

Report | Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence

READ: The Mueller Report, With Redactions

Hate to tell ya but the Dims are already making noises about turning this impeachment farce into something else. Not even anything to do with constitutional provisions.

Desperation.

Furthermore, the Obama administration did not deny any Congressional subpoenas for information nor did they ever instructed White House officials to ignore Congressional subpoenas.
Bullshit, Eric Holder was held in contempt for ignoring a Congressional subpoena to turn over documents in the Fast and Furious scandal.

Since the discussion was about Benghazi, I like how you edited that, you had to ignore that to get to the one time in one investigation, that one official refused to turn a set of documents. Was he ordered by the President or did he do that on his own? No comparison to the baseless claim of blanket immunity by the Shakedown King.
You said: "Furthermore, the Obama administration did not deny any Congressional subpoenas for information nor did they ever instructed White House officials to ignore Congressional subpoenas". I proved you wrong so now you want to go back and change the meaning of your comment? Trying to save face? LOL

Like I said you had to ignore everything else that was previously said in the thread so you could pretend I wasn't referring to the multiple Benghazi hearings. But I understand how the RRighties love to take single sentences out of context and develop a false narrative from that single sentence.

"Contrary to known reality. Two died of smoke inhalation before the CIA Rescue team arrived and drove off the attackers and then evacuated every one but the Ambassador to the more secure CIA complex. They died because they went to the safe room where the exhaust fans had not been installed. The other two were killed by a mortar on an exposed roof top at the CIA complex several hours later."

There is no GOP any more. They are The Party of Trumpybear, who believe their executives, when in office, have unitary power and can ignore Congressional oversight as just so much partisan bickering. When Democrats are in office however they sing a completely different tune, where the President can be subjected to years of minuet scrutiny and must comply with every subpoena Congress issues.
We can ignore Congressional witch hunts and fishing expeditions. Have the vote, if the democRATs impeach Trump, then it moves to the Senate where Republicans can subpoena democRATs including Shytface.
View attachment 293110

Exactly the Trumpublican philosophy. Bet you think the years of Benghazi investigations were legitimate too, dontcha?
Four in the ambassador program died because Hillary had to paint her nails first, blindey, as she walked from her desk of power into Obama's Oval closet to boss him around. :rolleyes:

Contrary to known reality. Two died of smoke inhalation before the CIA Rescue team arrived and drove off the attackers and then evacuated every one but the Ambassador to the more secure CIA complex. They died because they went to the safe room where the exhaust fans had not been installed. The other two were killed by a mortar on an exposed roof top at the CIA complex several hours later.

They had everyone sign NDAs and wouldn't allow anyone to talk to the Survivors.

Were they White House officials?

Did they ever disclose what the CIA's mission was?

There's the first lie right there.

well you will never win with your die hard trampers, unless tramp tries to cheat again.

Russia if you listening, and investigate the Biden's before aid and a WH visit.
Ukrainian to US prosecutors: Why don't you want our evidence on Democrats?

lord you just scoop up the bullshit and shovel it down.

Is that the dirt that Ghouliguy generated, in April?
it's the "dirt" that has been presented since RUSSIA started but the left has been ignoring.

you know, like you're trying to do now.

you don't have jack nor shit on trump for RUSSIA but it took 2 years to find that out. now we have proof AND witnesses the Dems were doing that shit and you want to play games. i say investigate away. seems to be our manner of politics now.

BY JOHN SOLOMON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 04/07/19 07:30 AM EDT 2,540
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

Is John still with The Hill?

I'm sorry Trump supporters, I know you don't want to hear this, but your guy in the white house and your party are in trouble on this one. Unlike the Mueller report, which was heavy on legal jargon and short on clarity, this impeachment inquiry report paints a very clear picture of a President abusing his power for political gain, then trying to cover it up. To make matters worse, the Presidents attempts to intimidate and attack witnesses was largely unsuccessful, as a number of key people (some of them appointed by Republicans) came forward with 1st and 2nd hand evidence of the President's guilt. Even recent FOX news polls paint a picture of a President and a political party in decline. Donald J Trump has been able to mount only a vocal defence, relying mostly on personal insults and bluster. This will leave Senate Republicans is a difficult situation: Vote to keep Trump in office, and run the risk of losing reelection (over 20 Senate Republicans are up for reelection in 2020) or vote to remove him and admit they backed the wrong guy.

For those of you who think this all hogwash, I would point out that virtually none of you have even read the Mueller report (redactions or not) or this impeachment report. If you'd done so, most of you would be singing a different tune. For those who would like to do so, I've posted the links to them below.

Given today's political climate, I doubt Senate Republicans will vote to remove President Trump from office, but Republicans would do well to knock off the childish name calling, stop bitching about the Biden's and take a look in your own backyard:

Hate to tell ya but the Dims are already making noises about turning this impeachment farce into something else. Not even anything to do with constitutional provisions.

Desperation.
Schiff must have the limelight for his secretive practice and anti-American ways.

This clownshow is just a cover up.
Swamp creatures knew they were in trouble when Hillary lost....so they invented Russian Collusion.

When that failed they invented Ukrainian blah blah blah. They can't figure out what the charges are yet, but Trump is a big meanie, and nobody is above the law.
There is wisdom in what you say. But if nobody is above the law, where's the straight jacket and orange jump Schiff should be wearing?

Republicans have to be getting exhausted by all this. There are whispers that if the vote in the senate is a secret ballot Trump is gone.
LOL, OMG, WTF are you using for proof, a secret ballot? The GOP voters get a say in how our reps vote don't we?
That's why no Republican will vote to impeach, period. If they do they are gone.
You got it. Protecting Trump is more about populism and saving their own hide than it is defending the constitution.

Protecting the Constitution from misuse by the democrats is what we are voting on.
Impeachment is only for "High Crimes" not for a partisan food fight because you don't like the president.
The simple fact that there is no crime, let alone a "high crime" should let you know that you are on the wrong side of the disagreement.
The HIGH, in HIGH crimes and misdemeanors, stands for a person in HIGH Status in our govt...

It's an abuse of office, for a person in HIGH power...

A high crime and misdemeanor, is simply an abuse of the person's power, given to them by holding a HIGH office.

Laws were not even written at the time, there were no statutes for felony crimes or misdemeanor crimes and the term HIGH was not used to connotate a HIGH misdemeanor or HIGH crime as in one that reaches the high upper level of all crimes committed in a legal sense.

This is NOT a legal criminal trial, this is a political impeachment trial, where no statute on a Felony is needed.

View attachment 293110

They had everyone sign NDAs and wouldn't allow anyone to talk to the Survivors.

Were they White House officials?

Did they ever disclose what the CIA's mission was?
No. And no.

My understanding was Obama prevented anyone from finding out anything.

Besides, those were just protesters upset over a disgusting video

Republicans have to be getting exhausted by all this. There are whispers that if the vote in the senate is a secret ballot Trump is gone.
I don't think so. They are keenly aware that if Trump is gone, America will no longer be the land of the free if the Democrats get just one inch of favor, we'd be a communist nation in no time.

Swamp creatures knew they were in trouble when Hillary lost....so they invented Russian Collusion.

When that failed they invented Ukrainian blah blah blah. They can't figure out what the charges are yet, but Trump is a big meanie, and nobody is above the law.
There is wisdom in what you say. But if nobody is above the law, where's the straight jacket and orange jump Schiff should be wearing?
He's above the law.

LOL, OMG, WTF are you using for proof, a secret ballot? The GOP voters get a say in how our reps vote don't we?
That's why no Republican will vote to impeach, period. If they do they are gone.
You got it. Protecting Trump is more about populism and saving their own hide than it is defending the constitution.

Protecting the Constitution from misuse by the democrats is what we are voting on.
Impeachment is only for "High Crimes" not for a partisan food fight because you don't like the president.
The simple fact that there is no crime, let alone a "high crime" should let you know that you are on the wrong side of the disagreement.
The HIGH, in HIGH crimes and misdemeanors, stands for a person in HIGH Status in our govt...

A high crime and misdemeanor, is simply an abuse of the person's power, given to them by holding a HIGH office.

Laws were not even written at the time, there were no statutes for felony crimes or misdemeanor crimes and the term HIGH was not used to connotate a HIGH misdemeanor or HIGH crime as in one that reaches the high upper level of all crimes committed in a legal sense.

This is NOT a legal criminal trial, this is a political impeachment trial, where no statute on a Felony is needed.
Right now, the only cure I see is for the Democrats to fire on Fort Sumpter again. Or, they could agree to live under the restraints of the American system, which means they'd have to face the justice their injustice against a duly elected President has done to peace in the nation. They're driving a wedge, driving a wedge, driving a wedge, and then more...

So where is the crime?

The plot to defraud the USA was uncovered before the Public Announcement was made.
Still it was a conspiracy to extort or bribe or otherwise coerce the Ukraine to participate in a politically corrupt scheme at the direction of the President who recenly claimed he was all about fighting corruption. What a joke he's turn the country into.

Where are the witnesses that Congress has subpoenaed?

Have you watched the Law Professors debate this morning? It was entertaining. The 3 democrats all said impeachment was justified. Then Turley said that crimes and more specifically impeachable crimes, have a very high bar, and Trump did nothing impeachable.
Both sides can proudly and justifiably vote in their partisan fashion, and the senate will acquit.

Bullshit, Eric Holder was held in contempt for ignoring a Congressional subpoena to turn over documents in the Fast and Furious scandal.

Since the discussion was about Benghazi, I like how you edited that, you had to ignore that to get to the one time in one investigation, that one official refused to turn a set of documents. Was he ordered by the President or did he do that on his own? No comparison to the baseless claim of blanket immunity by the Shakedown King.
You said: "Furthermore, the Obama administration did not deny any Congressional subpoenas for information nor did they ever instructed White House officials to ignore Congressional subpoenas". I proved you wrong so now you want to go back and change the meaning of your comment? Trying to save face? LOL

Like I said you had to ignore everything else that was previously said in the thread so you could pretend I wasn't referring to the multiple Benghazi hearings. But I understand how the RRighties love to take single sentences out of context and develop a false narrative from that single sentence.

"Contrary to known reality. Two died of smoke inhalation before the CIA Rescue team arrived and drove off the attackers and then evacuated every one but the Ambassador to the more secure CIA complex. They died because they went to the safe room where the exhaust fans had not been installed. The other two were killed by a mortar on an exposed roof top at the CIA complex several hours later."

More bullshit. Your objective was to advance the false narrative that Trump is a criminal and Obama was as pure as the driven snow. I proved you wrong and now you're embarrassed and want to undo it. And the who died at the embassy died because the rescue team was told to stand down. Get your nose out of Obama's ass. He went golfing instead of helping them and Hillary didn't give a shit either. They were under attack and Obama and Hillary were more concerned about being embarrassed going into the election than they were about saving their lives. And as for your other false statement about Obama never denying Congressional subpoenas for information or instructing WH officials go ignore them, you are once again lying.
9 Times The Obama Administration Fought Subpoenas or Blocked Officials from Testifying Before Congress

The Senate Republicans are gutless lickspittles. They have thrown every last principle they have ever claimed to have right out the window in the service of their cult god Trump.

The very worst of the submissive, prostrate hypocrites is Lindsay Graham.

Not one of them will vote to evict Trump from the White House.

Not a single one. Book it.

Goddamn right, no GOP senator will vote to impeach.
As Turley tried to explain to the idiots, there is nothing even vaguely impeachable in the democrat's "articles".

The Senate Republicans are gutless lickspittles. They have thrown every last principle they have ever claimed to have right out the window in the service of their cult god Trump.

As Turley tried to explain to the idiots, there is nothing even vaguely impeachable in the democrat's "articles".
There are plenty of impeachable offenses in both the Mueller report and the attempted Ukrainian extortion scheme.

But the Republican Party has completely abdicated the Constitution, their principles, and their spines.

There is no real indication at this point what will happen next year, but the tide has been turning against impeachment, not in support of it, particularly in the battleground states.

In key general election states, fewer voters support impeachment.
Battleground state polls show a more negative reaction to the impeachment inquiry, signaling more risk to Democrats and potential benefit for Trump. An average of 44 percent supported impeachment, with 51 percent opposed, averaging across a dozen October and November polls in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Wisconsin. That’s a flip from an average of national polls that finds support for impeachment narrowly edging opposition, 47 percent to 43 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...t-just-like-they-were-before-public-hearings/

Dude, from your own link:

VDSY4NXPVBBMHG6OTCPY6MR6YQ.jpg

Where is the "turning tide"???

Laws were not even written at the time, there were no statutes for felony crimes or misdemeanor crimes and the term HIGH was not used to denote a HIGH misdemeanor or HIGH crime as in one that reaches the high upper level of all crimes committed in a legal sense.

Wrong, according to Turley the bar is extremely high for anything "impeachable". Routine ticky-tack "abuses of power" are NOT impeachable offenses. Then again, the House can vote to impeach along partisan party line votes, but that sets a very bad precedent. Luckily the senate is in GOP hands and they will most certainly NOT remove Trump.

He's above the law.
He may be above the law of the press, but he'd be behind bars in the near future if Ms. Liberty's blind justice prevailed.

There are plenty of impeachable offenses in both the Mueller report and the attempted Ukrainian extortion scheme.

But the Republican Party has completely abdicated the Constitution, their principles, and their spines.

If this "impeachment" sham breaks down along partisan party lines, then the impeachable offenses are insufficient.
If Bill Hurd, who hates Trump, won't support impeachment due to lack of impeachable offenses, then forget about it.

Your democrat law professors say impeachment IS warranted.
Turley says it is insufficient to impeach, but the House has every right to impeach if they want to.
So go ahead, but then in the senate the wheels will fall off as the GOP gets their partisan turn at bat.

Forum List

Back