The GOP in trouble

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT:

I'm sorry Trump supporters, I know you don't want to hear this, but your guy in the white house and your party are in trouble on this one. Unlike the Mueller report, which was heavy on legal jargon and short on clarity, this impeachment inquiry report paints a very clear picture of a President abusing his power for political gain, then trying to cover it up. To make matters worse, the Presidents attempts to intimidate and attack witnesses was largely unsuccessful, as a number of key people (some of them appointed by Republicans) came forward with 1st and 2nd hand evidence of the President's guilt. Even recent FOX news polls paint a picture of a President and a political party in decline. Donald J Trump has been able to mount only a vocal defence, relying mostly on personal insults and bluster. This will leave Senate Republicans is a difficult situation: Vote to keep Trump in office, and run the risk of losing reelection (over 20 Senate Republicans are up for reelection in 2020) or vote to remove him and admit they backed the wrong guy.

For those of you who think this all hogwash, I would point out that virtually none of you have even read the Mueller report (redactions or not) or this impeachment report. If you'd done so, most of you would be singing a different tune. For those who would like to do so, I've posted the links to them below.

Given today's political climate, I doubt Senate Republicans will vote to remove President Trump from office, but Republicans would do well to knock off the childish name calling, stop bitching about the Biden's and take a look in your own backyard:

Your party is in trouble!

Fox News Poll: 49 percent favor impeaching Trump

Report | Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence

READ: The Mueller Report, With Redactions

Last edited:

I'm sorry Trump supporters, I know you don't want to hear this, but your guy in the white house and your party are in trouble on this one. Unlike the Mueller report, which was heavy on legal jargon and short on clarity, this impeachment inquiry report paints a very clear picture of a President abusing his power for political gain, then trying to cover it up. To make matters worse, the Presidents attempts to intimidate and attack witnesses was largely unsuccessful, as a number of key people (some of them appointed by Republicans) came forward with 1st and 2nd hand evidence of the President's guilt. Even recent FOX news polls paint a picture of a President and a political party in decline. Donald J Trump has been able to mount only a vocal defence, relying mostly on personal insults and bluster. This will leave Senate Republicans is a difficult situation: Vote to keep Trump in office, and run the risk of losing reelection (over 20 Senate Republicans are up for reelection in 2020) or vote to remove him and admit they backed the wrong guy.

For those of you who think this all hogwash, I would point out that virtually none of you have even read the Mueller report (redactions or not) or this impeachment report. If you'd done so, most of you would be singing a different tune. For those who would like to do so, I've posted the links to them below.

Given today's political climate, I doubt Senate Republicans will vote to remove President Trump from office, but Republicans would do well to knock off the childish name calling, stop bitching about the Biden's and take a look in your own backyard:

Oh, fudge. Trump is toast for sure, again.

Actually, Americans are all over the place on impeachment. There is no real indication at this point what will happen next year, but the tide has been turning against impeachment, not in support of it, particularly in the battleground states.

In key general election states, fewer voters support impeachment.
Battleground state polls show a more negative reaction to the impeachment inquiry, signaling more risk to Democrats and potential benefit for Trump. An average of 44 percent supported impeachment, with 51 percent opposed, averaging across a dozen October and November polls in Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Wisconsin. That’s a flip from an average of national polls that finds support for impeachment narrowly edging opposition, 47 percent to 43 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...t-just-like-they-were-before-public-hearings/

Sorry Bill, not seeing it. Northing you present is "proof" of anything, especially as the veracity and integrity of the reports you link us to, Adam Schiff and Bob Mueller themselves have always themselves been in question. As someone who saw the Watergate hearings, the Iran Contra hearings and the Clinton Impeachment, not only am I not seeing an investigation into any clear crime here, but rather, a bunch of hearings just trying to justify a predetermined desired outcome.

IN LEGITIMATE HEARINGS, a bipartisan group brings forth people involved who give testimony and evidence. The evidence is gathered, leading to logical or legal conclusions.

FROM THE BEGINNING, it has been clear this was wholly a democratic effort they stand to gain from, that it had been a stated goal since years earlier, and that from the beginning, they were acting as PROSECUTORS seeking to justify a conclusion rather than as INVESTIGATORS making actual inquiries as they claimed on a fact-finding case. In no case I know do investigators begin with a preconceived bias much less are prescient of events years into the future long before they occur! This is a unique event in the annals of politics that the very same people who expressed sheer hate and contempt for a president THE DAY OF HIS INAUGURATION before his doing anything are now years later presiding over his political future---- with themselves as the beneficiary! Isn't that a bit like asking a rapist whether the girl victim "asked for it?"

MY BIGGEST PROBLEMS are that every time I tuned into a hearing,
  1. so much of the testimony was hearsay from people who had no direct knowledge of the events.
  2. republicans were continually, constantly and totally blocked from their desires and concerns, their arguments all outright dismissed, overruled and ignored, and all of their wishes and witnesses denied.
  3. every time Schiff preambled to a new witness or closed a session, it began or ended with so huge a forced bag of bullshit spin leading to conclusions, leading witnesses and even telling the viewer what they should take from the material as to be beyond belief! And when they weren't busy doing that, they had their tongues half up the asses of those they expected supporting testimony from while excoriating those who didn't with scorn, disrespect and threats!
PERHAPS HARDEST TO TAKE was that as I watched coverage of the events, many obvious, compelling, nagging and glaring questions of outrage and alarm came to mind as to both the integrity, process and veracity of the hearings and how they were being conducted as no others I had ever seen, yet in 90-95% of my time, NONE of these same questions or concerns ever seemed to bother any of the so-called expert journalists covering the story and reporting on their findings!

So little of the procedures, testimony or methodologies were ever questioned! I found that rather incredulous from people who supposedly were being objective with no preconceived bias going into it. What the hearings amounted to was a set of accusations at the onset by one party set and determined to prove them, while refusing to allow anything or any testimony which might conflict with or detract from that outcome! Period! And that included refusing to hear from anyone which might corroborate Trump's story.

AND NOW HERE YOU ARE telling us as an Independent that the GOP is in trouble, yet neither are you asking any of the same questions, finding any of the same concerns or contradictions, not to mention the troubling inconsistencies in what we just went through with the past administration for 8 years. So I'm sorry Bill, after sifting through your diatribe, I'm calling

BULLSHIT.

Last edited:
Wonder who is more concerned about MORE CORRUPTION with Ukraine coming out as investigations expand....ROTFLMFAO!

So stop bitching about Biden?
If you are an independent, I would have assumed that the mass of bad information about Biden and Hillary by the way, would be of interest.

Saying that nothing Biden did matters to you, but the Trump stuff does..... seems to make it look like you are not very 'independent' to me.

Additionally, the fact the very first link, was to a poll..... and not this real evidence of any violation of law, seems to indicate that possibly we are not nearly in as much trouble as you suggest.

It's a bit baffling to sit there as say over and over 'the evidence says'... and instead of posting this 'evidence' you post "the polls say....".

I'm not real concerned with polls. What matters is the evidence.

From what I've seen, there isn't much.

Basically, Hillary and Obama both, asked that Ukraine investigate people for political benefit.

If person A does it, and it isn't worthy of an investigation or impeachment, then when person B does it, then I don't want to hear from left-wingers or independents, that what was done in the past wasn't worth your time, but what is done now, is.

Personally, I think investigations are perfectly fine. Investigate all you want. I have no problem with both sides, asking everyone everywhere to investigate everybody.

Because there's the deal... if the Ukraine finds nothing on Biden, then it won't hurt him. Just like finding nothing on the fake Trump-Russia nothing burger, didn't hurt Trump. In fact it massively helped Trump.

And in fact, it is helping Trump with this investigation too... because we really don't believe what these people are saying.

I totally agree that Trump asked the Ukraine to crack down on corruption, because we don't want our aid money, going to some Ukraine bureaucrats new yacht. And previous administrations also asked to investigate corruption too.

And I don't see a problem with them asking Ukraine to investigate the Biden's because what the Biden's did looks really really bad. And only a fool would suggest otherwise.

Does this benefit Trump? Of course. Doesn't change the fact that what the Biden's were engaged in looks real bad, and likely should be investigated.

So until you have real evidence.... and a lot of it... yeah I still don't buy much of this.

I'm not a Rep but I am an Independent and the only party I see that's in trouble is the Democratic party.

They have produced one shit show after another and paved the way for a Trump win in 2020.

What a pack of imbeciles.

It's time to ignore this garbage and get on with preparing for Christmas. Now's not the time to dwell on fabricated crimes trying to justify this bogus impeachment. Let the hard core radicals stew in their own juices. They're only making themselves look like bigger assholes than they already are. Merry Christmas

Republicans have to be getting exhausted by all this. There are whispers that if the vote in the senate is a secret ballot Trump is gone.

The party of Eisenhower and Goldwater are long gone...

Republicans have to be getting exhausted by all this. There are whispers that if the vote in the senate is a secret ballot Trump is gone.
LOL, OMG, WTF are you using for proof, a secret ballot? The GOP voters get a say in how our reps vote don't we?
That's why no Republican will vote to impeach, period. If they do they are gone.

I'm not a Rep but I am an Independent and the only party I see that's in trouble is the Democratic party.

They have produced one shit show after another and paved the way for a Trump win in 2020.

I have no idea whether you have voted Republican in the past or not and I frankly don't care.

Your POSTS say you are a TRUMPER...through and through...so...save it

LOL, OMG, WTF are you using for proof, a secret ballot? The GOP voters get a say in how our reps vote don't we?
That's why no Republican will vote to impeach, period. If they do they are gone.
You can bet your ass the motion will be made to make the final vote to remove the president from office a secret ballot. Are you confident that republican senators will vote to keep the president if their vote never becomes known?

Last edited:

I have no idea whether you have voted Republican in the past or not and I frankly don't care.

Your POSTS say you are a TRUMPER...through and through...so...save it

Yup. I'm a Trumper and sure don't vote Dem and you can bet your ass they are in trouble.

I'll save it all right. Trump will win in 2020 and you lefty loons will have four more years to moan, groan, complain and try to find something to pin on Trump.

Enjoy. I sure as hell will.

You can bet your ass the motion will be made to make the final vote to remove the president from office a secret ballot. Are you confident that republican senators will vote to keep the president if their vote never becomes known?

What part of "it doesn't fucking matter" don't you understand?
There is no way that 20 Republican senators would vote in support of the democrats crass coup plots to remove a Republican president, secret ballot or public ballot

Forum List

Back