The GOP has Palin Problem...

There are a lot of people fed up with both the Democratic and the Republican parties. Maybe Sarah Palin is one of them and is holding her cards close to her chest until she decides to make a public statement. I am fed up with both the Dems and the Repubs. I think most Americans are. Maybe a shake-up is in order. Maybe it is time for a new political party to be born? There's nothing in the rule books about it, and except for tradition, there has only been two major political parties. Maybe it's time for that to change. Time will tell about all of this. Another possibility, and one that I find interesting, is maybe Sarah Palin isn't interested in running for any political office in the future. Sometimes we are all so bent on trying to first guess everything that we don't take real statements at their face value. Regardless of what she decides to do, it will be interesting. Like her, or hate her, she has the attention of the American public. That in itself is a powerful thing.

I think most republicans are afraid to support her because they know she will get bashed.

Truth is that Governor Palin would have made a good VP. And during those 4 years would have learned a lot about national politics and maybe would have been a contender for 2012. But she didn't make it as VP and did not get the National exposure and experience. So is she a viable candidate for the 2012 presidential election? No way in hell.

Truth is that Governor Palin would have made a good VP. And during those 4 years would have learned a lot about national politics and maybe would have been a contender for 2012. But she didn't make it as VP and did not get the National exposure and experience. So is she a viable candidate for the 2012 presidential election? No way in hell.

I'm just curious - in what way would she have made a good VP?

I think most republicans are afraid to support her because they know she will get bashed.

I think most republicans are afraid to support her because they know she's just a talking head. She's got the down-home charm, and the folksy way of talking - but there's nothing behind that.

I would not see the republican party go down again if it meant getting more people like Ron Paul and less people like McCain in it.

Energetic
Young
Fresh
Conservative
Experienced
Intelligent (she is not Tina Fey)
Washington outsider
Pro Gun
What's not to like?

I think most republicans are afraid to support her because they know she's just a talking head. She's got the down-home charm, and the folksy way of talking - but there's nothing behind that.

I would not see the republican party go down again if it meant getting more people like Ron Paul and less people like McCain in it.

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin have nothing in common.

Scratch that - one thing in common.

They're both completely unelectable.

Energetic
Young
Fresh
Conservative
Experienced
Washington outsider
Pro Gun
What's not to like?

I could break down all the of the things that I disagree with on that list, but I don't really feel the need - it's all been rehashed a million times in a million other threads. None of those things are ways in which she would have made a good VP. They are things that you believe about her. I'm asking - what particular skills of hers would make her a good VP.

Energetic
Young
Fresh
Conservative
Experienced
Washington outsider
Pro Gun
What's not to like?

I could break down all the of the things that I disagree with on that list, but I don't really feel the need - it's all been rehashed a million times in a million other threads. None of those things are ways in which she would have made a good VP. They are things that you believe about her. I'm asking - what particular skills of hers would make her a good VP.

See above list.
You didn't expect that we would agree did you?

Energetic
Young
Fresh
Conservative
Experienced
Washington outsider
Pro Gun
What's not to like?

See above list.
You didn't expect that we would agree did you?

None of those are skills. And seriously - Energetic, Young and Fresh all even mean the same thing.

Conservative, that's fine. I'll grant you that, she is a conservative, at least by what we define that as now. She's a nanny-state conservative though - a religious control conservative. Not a true conservative.

Experienced - I'll choose not to even respond to that. Former Mayor of Small Town USA isn't Vice Presidential experience.

Intelligent - I've never met her, so I can't judge her intelligence. But that's a moot point, almost anyone who gets anywhere in politics is intelligent.

Washington Outsider - You're incredibly naive if you think this. There's no way that an actual washington outsider would ever get a nomination for VP. She's not a GOP insider maybe - but she's got her Washington contacts.

Pro Gun - Everyone's pro gun. Gun control is the biggest red herring political argument ever. NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS. Relax.

The Dems are praying that Palin be the GOP candidate.

Old saying.... Be careful what you wish for.....You may get it.

I remember the Dems talking this kind of trash about Reagan. Heck I remember R's talking this kind of trash about Reagan. (I was one of them)
For as long as she can handle the heat, she will be a voice. People will watch her and make up their own minds.

Now, if she is like Emily Litella all the time, then she will vanish into deserved obscurity.

But three years from now, if she has proved that she is more than just a great pair of boobs... The Dems will regret their prayers.

It is all up to her now.

I have a feeling that Democrats want Sarah Palin to run for the top job much more than Republicans do, based on the amount of attention she gets from Democrats. While wishful thinking perhaps and looking forward to even more SNL spoofs no doubt, Sarah Palin has little chance at the nomination beyond perhaps a few states. She has little seasoning on a national stage and was accorded very little room to get that seasoning during that 08 election and her inexperience showed and was taken advantage of. However this does not mean she would not make a viable candidate once she gets that seasoning in say the House or the Senate or perhaps even a Federal Govt. posting such as energy. There is little doubt that she has the ability to gather large crowds and in a national election this a very big plus. I might remind everyone as I have before there was much talk in 2005 and 06 of John Edwards and we all have seen the results of that and I rather doubt you would have found many back then who knew the name Barack Obama, and 2012 is a little way off and we do not know who will emerge by then.

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin have nothing in common.

Scratch that - one thing in common.

They're both completely unelectable.

Uh, Ron Paul is currently an ELECTED Congressman.

You have once again revealed your boundless bounty of stupidity - :lol:

Forum List

Back