The GOP has begun attacking the tea party

Doesn't surprise me.

The GOP isn't a monolithic organziation, either.

The struggle for power within the parties is no less real than the stuggle for power between the parties.

Of course it is. The last schism in the Democratic party was between the rank and file and elite over Obama v Hillary. There wasn't that core level of dysfunction. In the GOP, it's a fundamental diametric difference between the social conservatives and the more libertarian fiscal conservatives. How do you resolve that one part of your party has a fundamental belief that government ought to control peoples private lives and another group that wants government out of everyones lives?

You will NEVER get a candidate that meets all of your wishes until enough Americans agree with you.

They dont so you wont see the candidates you wish to vote for.

Welcome to reality.

As you told me....let me type this slowly so that you will understand, I'm not asking that a candidate meet ALL my wishes but the reality is, most on the right has that one or two issues that is our "wall" so to speak, for some it's abortion; they could have the perfect candidate that is pro choice and they would not vote for them; for others it might be gun control, for me, it was foreign policy in 2008 and the overall fiscal irresponsibility of the GOP, I felt like the GOP violated my trust and I'm still leery of them, they will need to drop the neo conservative ideology if they want my one lousy vote and conduct themselves like actual fiscal conservatives.

Doesn't surprise me.

The struggle for power within the parties is no less real than the stuggle for power between the parties.

Of course it is. The last schism in the Democratic party was between the rank and file and elite over Obama v Hillary. There wasn't that core level of dysfunction. In the GOP, it's a fundamental diametric difference between the social conservatives and the more libertarian fiscal conservatives. How do you resolve that one part of your party has a fundamental belief that government ought to control peoples private lives and another group that wants government out of everyones lives?

That's the crust of it, right there with the neo con element thrown in with their social con brethren.

Doesn't surprise me.

It is and it isn't. The Republican Party as a whole is 90% white and mostly Christian. You can't get a whole lot more monolithic than that.

Republicans pushed this "death panels" and "kill grandma" nonsense. And this, "he was born in Kenya" and "he's a Muslim". Plus all the other right wing extreme nonsense that Republicans have putting out there for a generation have come home to roost. Half the current Republican Party actually believes this stuff.

And therein lies the division within the Republican Party.

Doesn't surprise me.

It is and it isn't. The Republican Party as a whole is 90% white and mostly Christian. You can't get a whole lot more monolithic than that.

Republicans pushed this "death panels" and "kill grandma" nonsense. And this, "he was born in Kenya" and "he's a Muslim". Plus all the other right wing extreme nonsense that Republicans have putting out there for a generation have come home to roost. Half the current Republican Party actually believes this stuff.

And therein lies the division within the Republican Party.

Hard to argue with this, fear seems to be what the GOP was selling during the Bush/Karl Rove era and millions are no longer buying that bs.

Got nothing huh?

Am I on your block list?

You are just now realizing the Tea Party isn't a bunch of republican lovers?

I've been telling you this since the start its about time you finally realized that we are not republican shills but people who demand fiscal responsibility from ALL politicians regardless of their party.

Its merely a battle for power of the party.

EVERYONE knows this, the republican party created these voters and now they have to live (or die) with what they created.

Bush's fiscal irresponsibility combined with Obama's amplification of the same fiscal irresponsibility created these voters. Nothing more, nothing less.

If your choice was a democratic party member or a republican party member who would you vote for?

Well what are the 2 canidates positions and records on issues such as:

1) Taxation
2) Balancing a budget
3) Constitution as a living document to be changed with the times by passing legislation or as an original intent document to only be altered through the ammendment process

Tell me the 2 canidates position and record on those 3 issues and I'll tell you which one i'll vote for. The one that is closest to what my opinion dictates is acceptable in those areas will get my vote.

Last edited:
Folks the partys have platforms.

using the platforms of the parties would you vote dem or R?

either give m e a post number or ask it again

ok

Got nothing huh?

You are just now realizing the Tea Party isn't a bunch of republican lovers?

I've been telling you this since the start its about time you finally realized that we are not republican shills but people who demand fiscal responsibility from ALL politicians regardless of their party.

Its merely a battle for power of the party.

EVERYONE knows this, the republican party created these voters and now they have to live (or die) with what they created.

Bush's fiscal irresponsibility combined with Obama's amplification of the same fiscal irresponsibility created these voters. Nothing more, nothing less.
[/QUOTE]

If your choice was a democratic party member or a republican party member who would you vote for?

Well what are the 2 canidates positions and records on issues such as:

1) Taxation
2) Balancing a budget
3) Constitution as a living document to be changed with the times by passing legislation or as an original intent document to only be altered through the ammendment process

Tell me the 2 canidates position and record on those 3 issues and I'll tell you which one i'll vote for. The one that is closest to what my opinion dictates is acceptable in those areas will get my vote.

The tea partiers are just a new version of the old Pat Buchanan insurgency back in the 90's.

If it was that, there would be more people like me and less like Teapartysamuri supporting them and I stopped supporting them when those types took over.

Samurai only supports them because she thinks they're some sort of new wave stealth anti-abortion movement.

Trust me, that is only half tongue-in-cheek.

Seriously, the similarities to Buchanan-mania, or Buchanan-ism, or whatever it was, are remarkably striking.

To me, anyway.

Folks the partys have platforms.

using the platforms of the parties would you vote dem or R?

I vote individual not the Party , sorry if that square peg does not fit into your round hole.

Let me make this as clear as I can, there are several candidates that I will support where I disagree with on a few issues but there are issues that I won't compromise on; for example; don't ask me to vote for someone;no matter how fiscally conservative they are; that supports gun control, don't ask me to support someone like Cheney who supports pre emptive strikes, even though I'm pro life and favor drug legalization, they can be pro choice and support the death penalty for smoking a joint at this stage in the game for all I care if they oppose gun control, liberal interventionism abroad and are fiscal conservatives and it will remain that way until we reverse the fiscal irresponsibility in D.C., those are MY priorities, they may not be yours, Plymco's, Oddball's or others here but in America; for now; I get to choose my own priorities and neither platform is something that I can rally behind.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back