The GOP Defectors - Collins, Spector and Snow

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania and Sen. Olympia Snow, also of Maine, have broken with other Republicans to support the Democrats' plan for spending and tax cuts to stimulate the economy.

View attachment 6802

GOP Senators Risk Political Backlash Over Support of Stimulus Bill - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

We'll have to take a look at how much Pork they get in this bill. -I doubt they'll make it come re-election time.

Hey, where is that maverick spirit?

YouTube - Original Mavericks

I guess that maverick message backfired somehow

McCain has always pandered to the Left. That's why the Press loved him and called him something nice like 'Maverick'. And after years of pandering, he is essentially a Democrat with an 'R' at the end of his name. America doesn't need two Democrat Parties. I'm quite happy that McCain lost. It should be a lesson to all Republicans.

AGREED--100%. It may have been a ploy by the Republican party to throw up McCain this last election season. Any Republican would have lost.

I think this so-called economic stimulus, that really isn't--will revive the conservative base. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Newt Gingrich come out next election.

Obama is going to own this so-called stimulus bill. If it is not sucessful in new job creation--he's toast in 4 years, along with most house & Senate democrats.

I wonder if Snowe and Collins were this easy in high school? Obama invites them over, chats them up for awhile and they respond with the political equivalent of inviting him under the bleachers. I hope he at least bought them dinner first.

I imagine there is something in it for them. He may have promised them a seat in his administration, & or there is PORK in this bill that would go to their districts. Politics as usual in Washington, D.C.

You're right, but conservatives were counting on them. Now they've let America down big time. Let's hope they never ever get elected to public office again.

the republican party isn't conservative. they are reactionaries. the three who voted to try to do something for their constituences besides being obstructionist wingnuts are doing so because a) they have a sense of responsibility; and b) they represent diverse constituencies all of whom voted for Obama and won't support senators they see as not offering anything to fix what the repubs broke.

all three are plenty partisan when needed. but they aren't going to do so just to do so.

You won't get any arguments from me about the Republican Party. The GOP needs to be disbanded. They are becoming too much like LBJ-style Democrats who vote for tax cuts because they think they understand supply-side economics. They are a major joke and these 3 RINOs are yet more proof.

When Washinton D.C. finally figures out that Americans really don't like our government spending money they don't have--that'll be the day.

As if any of these morons have had to live within a fixed budget! Most of them have & are silver spoon fed morons, that have never gotten their hands dirty in their entire life-times.

Hey, where is that maverick spirit?

YouTube - Original Mavericks

I guess that maverick message backfired somehow

McCain has always pandered to the Left. That's why the Press loved him and called him something nice like 'Maverick'. And after years of pandering, he is essentially a Democrat with an 'R' at the end of his name. America doesn't need two Democrat Parties. I'm quite happy that McCain lost. It should be a lesson to all Republicans.

AGREED--100%. It may have been a ploy by the Republican party to throw up McCain this last election season. Any Republican would have lost.

I hadn't thought of that! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think this so-called economic stimulus, that really isn't--will revive the conservative base. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Newt Gingrich come out next election.

Obama is going to own this so-called stimulus bill. If it is not sucessful in new job creation--he's toast in 4 years, along with most house & Senate democrats.

Agreed.

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania and Sen. Olympia Snow, also of Maine, have broken with other Republicans to support the Democrats' plan for spending and tax cuts to stimulate the economy.

View attachment 6802

GOP Senators Risk Political Backlash Over Support of Stimulus Bill - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

And this is news? They've always been very moderate, so this is no surprise.

You're right, but conservatives were counting on them. Now they've let America down big time. Let's hope they never ever get elected to public office again.

Snowe and Collins are extremely secure in their positions as Senators. They are liked and admired by both this state's Republicans AND many Maine Democrats, too.

Now if I could only get BOTH of them to admit that FREE TRADE has been disasterous for Maine, (and I have tried, too...in person!) I'd become one their most ardent supporters.

I wonder if Snowe and Collins were this easy in high school? Obama invites them over, chats them up for awhile and they respond with the political equivalent of inviting him under the bleachers. I hope he at least bought them dinner first.

Snowe and Collins have been moderate Republicans for a mighty long time.

Bush and his gang of reactionary fruitcakes treated them shabbily long before any of us had ever heard of Obama.

Now they've let America down big time. Let's hope they never ever get elected to public office again.

So now if you work with the other party to get a package to help stimulate the economy, your a defector.

I guess partisan ship doesn't exist in your party.

As moderates, they appear to be the only ones who aren't braindead enough to just go along with the crowd.

Now they've let America down big time. Let's hope they never ever get elected to public office again.

So now if you work with the other party to get a package to help stimulate the economy, your a defector.

As moderates, they appear to be the only ones who aren't braindead enough to just go along with the crowd.

Ray, if it was a good package more republicans would go for it. This is no more than a socalist package aimed at paying back the campaign contibutors. There is way too much pork in this bill. Not enough stimulus to help the economy do what it needs to do. But after reading your previous posts, you should be real happy that it passed. I bet you weren't the brightest star in the USMC...if you were in the military at all.

Last edited:

View attachment 6802

How much did we have to pay them? $80 billion?

As a bribe? :lol: I wouldn't doubt it.

You can't really divide 80 by 3 very well. How about $30 billion each for a cool $90 billion total?

View attachment 6802

And this is news? They've always been very moderate, so this is no surprise.

LOL. We're talking about Maine and Pennsylvania. Their seats are secure.

The extremes in the right wing have been shitting on the moderates for years.

Now it's the moderates times to work out an agreement.

Fuck the extremes of both parties.

thats why they are going along with the crowd eh?

Forum List

Back