The GOP candidates would have us at war with Iran over the sailors

You're right that it's embarrassing this administration has neglected our military to the point that our sailors are out there without the equipment they need to know where exactly the fuck they're at.

It's SHAMEFUL that political hacks such as yourself, will exploit this to try and bash Republicans who are sick and tired of watching our servicemen on their knees fearing for their lives at the hands of radical Islamic terrorists.

We don't have to "go to war" with any goddamn body over there. We have the military capability to turn that entire region into a giant oil-filled glass fishbowl. You can't wage war if you're a fucking grease spot.

The GOP candidates are sick to think the US should start a war over this. I do hope people read a bit and do not believe the GOP take on this story. Its really a good thing we are able to talk with the Iranians now , and use diplomacy , instead of having more dead and maimed young men.

Its people with your mentality that are destroying this earth.
Iran got everything it had hoped for, and after funding terrorism across the globe. Diplomacy to the left is bending over and grabbing your ankles. It's the reason things are spiraling out of control, the left lies, capitulates and blames the evil GOP monster.

he's setting us up for another 9/11 as soon as he leaves office. the same way Bill Clinton set up for the first TWO world trade center bombings
Could well be. The enemy grows stronger under Democrat leadership. Carter was in the same boat and America woke up in time. But now the left has much more media to propagandize with.

yep, and we had citizens who actually cared about the treatment of their military men and women and stood up for their country. look at them today. Obama sitting back watching our military having to grovel to EVIL

We wouldn't have the overflow if Bush Cheney hadn't started the fake Iraq war.

Pennyloafer is just doing her duty. She's probably payed in pot by the DNC.

Quite contraire, I have voted once for a Dem and that was for Gore, and then after the nightmare of Bush Jr. I then voted twice more for the GOP candidates, but never again, unless I may vote for Trump. Heck , I never voted for Clinton.

I have finally come to realize the Christian right is no different than Isis, they'd have us living like SA, not Sharia law, but Christian law. Death to homosexuals, hey one even said Benghazi was due to the sins of Americans. Nuts.
I doubt very seriously that you ever voted for anyone but a liberal. You know absolutely nothing about Christianity. Smash mouth is ALL you have to offer anyone.

Quite contraire, I have voted once for a Dem and that was for Gore, and then after the nightmare of Bush Jr. I then voted twice more for the GOP candidates, but never again, unless I may vote for Trump. Heck , I never voted for Clinton.

I have finally come to realize the Christian right is no different than Isis, they'd have us living like SA, not Sharia law, but Christian law. Death to homosexuals, hey one even said Benghazi was due to the sins of Americans. Nuts.
I doubt very seriously that you ever voted for anyone but a liberal. You know absolutely nothing about Christianity. Smash mouth is ALL you have to offer anyone.

I know the Christian zealots are crazy, I thank God I was raised RC.
You were raised Catholic and believe Christians want to kill homosexuals? You are a full on, no holds barred, nutjob.

Not all, some of us are sane yet. Read about his freak, I guess some of the GOP talk with this nutcase, he needs to be put in an asylum.

Rick Scarborough - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The GOP candidates are sick to think the US should start a war over this. I do hope people read a bit and do not believe the GOP take on this story. Its really a good thing we are able to talk with the Iranians now , and use diplomacy , instead of having more dead and maimed young men.

Iran got everything it had hoped for, and after funding terrorism across the globe. Diplomacy to the left is bending over and grabbing your ankles. It's the reason things are spiraling out of control, the left lies, capitulates and blames the evil GOP monster.

he's setting us up for another 9/11 as soon as he leaves office. the same way Bill Clinton set up for the first TWO world trade center bombings
Could well be. The enemy grows stronger under Democrat leadership. Carter was in the same boat and America woke up in time. But now the left has much more media to propagandize with.

yep, and we had citizens who actually cared about the treatment of their military men and women and stood up for their country. look at them today. Obama sitting back watching our military having to grovel to EVIL

Iraq was under control when Bush left and a anti-American dictator was gone. But you forgot to mention the Democrat congress that sent the troops over.

who could not navigate due to the engine problems on a boat. Its embarrassing for the US to have a faulty boat and sailors out there so dependent on navigation equip, they didn't know where they were. Shame on Cruz and the rest for wanting to start a war over this. Its unbelievable. Its so SICKENING TO HEAR THE GOP SPIN ON THIS INCIDENT. THANK GOODNESS FOR DIPLOMACY OF THE OBAMA ADMIN.

A search-and-rescue effort was launched -- including sending a U.S. Navy vessel inside Iranians waters due to concern the sailors could have been overboard and in the water. The U.S. Navy informed Iranian military vessels in the area they were coming in for a search-and-rescue, the official said. There were "robust bridge-to-bridge communications" during that time, but there was no trouble, the official said.

But when they got so close to Farsi Island, and were approached by the Iranians, it is believed the U.S. boats could not rapidly get out of way because of that engine trouble.

Iranian territorial waters extend for three miles around Farsi Island, according to the official. The boats were supposed to stay out of that area. Farsi Island is a naval base for Iran's naval component of the Revolutionary Guard Corps and is considered extremely sensitive.

Commanders in the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet in the region became alarmed when the sailors missed a planned check-in call on their radios. At that point, commanders checked the GPS system tied to the boats and realized they were off course and inside Iranian waters.

Carter: 'Navigational error' led sailors to Iran waters - CNNPolitics.com
The navy shot down a commercial airliner because equipment did not work.
Coincidentally, 4 targets of the US were on that flight.

You were raised Catholic and believe Christians want to kill homosexuals? You are a full on, no holds barred, nutjob.

Not all, some of us are sane yet. Read about his freak, I guess some of the GOP talk with this nutcase, he needs to be put in an asylum.

I don't waste time with wikilinks.

Iraq was under control when Bush left and a anti-American dictator was gone. But you forgot to mention the Democrat congress that sent the troops over.

I never thought penny to be a DNC tool. but now all I see is them spewing DNC talking points.

Really you can find out what a crazy loon he is in other places, don't you want to know what you GOP candidates listen to:

Viewers will also see special messages submitted by eight presidential candidates who responded to the question: "What do you see as the greatest threat to religious freedom in America today and what will you do as president to protect our First Freedom?" The special broadcast will be filled with stories of individuals who have been tested and have stood strong for their religious freedom.

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins offered the following comments on the event:

“Religious liberty, the church, and our core beliefs have all been frayed by the words and deeds of this administration. As Christians, if we don’t have the freedom to live according to our faith -- whether it's in the home, the workplace, or in school -- then religious liberty is a meaningless phrase. I'll be talking with individuals, pastors, and Culture Impact team leaders as they share the urgency to stand up and defend religious freedom,” Perkins concluded.

WHAT: Free to Believe Broadcast

WHO:

Tony Perkins, Family Research Council

Dr. Rick Scarborough, Vision America , you should read about him.

Special Messages:

Former Governor Jeb Bush

Dr. Ben Carson

Senator Ted Cruz

Carly Fiorina

Former Governor Mike Huckabee

Senator Marco Rubio

Former Senator Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

David and Jason Benham

WHEN: Saturday, January 16th 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST, rebroadcast Noon - 4:00 p.m. EST

Family Research Council

PS: I thought we had religious freedom, but I guess they want the government to follow the Bible, I say move to SA, they still stone there. Here are the Christians who want to bomb Iran and put Putin in a box, and take this country back.

Really you can find out what a crazy loon he is in other places, don't you want to know what you GOP candidates listen to:

Viewers will also see special messages submitted by eight presidential candidates who responded to the question: "What do you see as the greatest threat to religious freedom in America today and what will you do as president to protect our First Freedom?" The special broadcast will be filled with stories of individuals who have been tested and have stood strong for their religious freedom.

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins offered the following comments on the event:

“Religious liberty, the church, and our core beliefs have all been frayed by the words and deeds of this administration. As Christians, if we don’t have the freedom to live according to our faith -- whether it's in the home, the workplace, or in school -- then religious liberty is a meaningless phrase. I'll be talking with individuals, pastors, and Culture Impact team leaders as they share the urgency to stand up and defend religious freedom,” Perkins concluded.

WHO:

Special Messages:

Former Governor Jeb Bush

Dr. Ben Carson

Senator Ted Cruz

Carly Fiorina

Senator Marco Rubio

Donald Trump

David and Jason Benham

WHEN: Saturday, January 16th 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST, rebroadcast Noon - 4:00 p.m. EST

Family Research Council

PS: I thought we had religious freedom, but I guess they want the government to follow the Bible, I say move to SA, they still stone there. Here are the Christians who want to bomb Iran and put Putin in a box, and take this country back.
No, religious freedom does not mean creating a theocracy. You are 180 degrees off course.

WHO:

Special Messages:

Former Governor Jeb Bush

Dr. Ben Carson

Senator Ted Cruz

Carly Fiorina

Senator Marco Rubio

Donald Trump

David and Jason Benham

Family Research Council

No, religious freedom does not mean creating a theocracy. You are 180 degrees off course.

and yet she sees nothing wrong with Islam being FORCED on us in this country. Penny you brainwashed and filled with DNC talking points, sorry to have say that

maybe gop candidate and rapublican have dream for attack to iran.
but its just dream.bush didnt attack to iran.he wanted it.but he couldnt do it..because iran and iranian arent arab and afghan.iran isnt iraq or afghanistan.

You're right that it's embarrassing this administration has neglected our military to the point that our sailors are out there without the equipment they need to know where exactly the fuck they're at.

It's SHAMEFUL that political hacks such as yourself, will exploit this to try and bash Republicans who are sick and tired of watching our servicemen on their knees fearing for their lives at the hands of radical Islamic terrorists.

We don't have to "go to war" with any goddamn body over there. We have the military capability to turn that entire region into a giant oil-filled glass fishbowl. You can't wage war if you're a fucking grease spot.

Have you listened to the debate in Oct between Carter and Reagan? The Iran thing was barely brought up, and Reagan said he'd pray for them. Carter already had it taken care of.

WHO:

Special Messages:

Former Governor Jeb Bush

Dr. Ben Carson

Senator Ted Cruz

Carly Fiorina

Senator Marco Rubio

Donald Trump

David and Jason Benham

Family Research Council

and yet she sees nothing wrong with Islam being FORCED on us in this country. Penny you brainwashed and filled with DNC talking points, sorry to have say that

Bombings, I thought the planes flew into them?? Why did trade center 7 come down. Your right they were demolitioned.

More than likely the sailors weren't paying attention and strayed off course................so they screwed up.................and Iran took advantage of it.................................

They love to do this shit. They did it to Britain.......and they blind folded and put them in isolated cells...........

It is also being said they stole some equipment off the boats........gps and POSSIBLY CRYPTO...............which would be a problem.

So they like PLAYING GAMES with our people...............the United States Navy knows how to play a game too...................

Just an OOPS MOMENT to the Iranians.................sorry our carrier accidentally ran over one of your ships Iran..........we had a navigation error..............

So sorry.

Here is how I'd deal with Iran on the Nuclear threat.........................

A+B1+Lancer%E2%80%99s+deadly+arsenal.jpg

So sorry Iran........the B! had multiple errors in flight............got lost and then HOLY SHIT THE electronics malfunctioned and dropped them right on your NUCLEAR SITES.......................

It's a conspiracy I tell you...............Don't worry Iran.........we have TECH'S working on the problem right now.......Hope to have it fixed soon but SEQUESTER CUT THE BUDGET...............

Have you listened to the debate in Oct between Carter and Reagan? The Iran thing was barely brought up, and Reagan said he'd pray for them. Carter already had it taken care of.

CPD: October 28, 1980 Debate Transcript
MS. WALTERS: While we are discussing policy, had Iran not taken American hostages. I assume that, in order to preserve our neutrality, we would have stopped the flow of spare parts and vital war materials once war broke out between Iraq and Iran. Now we're offering to lift the ban on such goods if they let our people come home. Doesn't this reward terrorism, compromise our neutrality, and possibly antagonize nations now friendly to us in the Middle East?

MR. CARTER: We will maintain our position of neutrality in the Iran and Iraq war. We have no plans to sell additional materiel or goods to Iran, that might be of a warlike nature. When I made my decision to stop all trade with Iran as a result of the taking of our hostages, I announced then, and have consistently maintained since then, that if the hostages are released safely, we would make delivery on those items which Iran owns - which they have bought and paid for - also, that the frozen Iranian assets would be released. That's been a consistent policy, one I intend to carry out.

MR. SMITH: Would you repeat the question now for Governor Reagan, please, Ms. Walters?

MS. WALTERS: Yes. Governor, the eyes of the country tonight remain on the hostages in Iran, but the question of how we respond to acts of terrorism goes beyond this current crisis. There are other countries that have policies that determine how they will respond. Israel, for example, considers hostages like soldiers and will not negotiate with terrorists. For the future, the country has the right to know, do you have a policy for dealing with terrorism wherever it might happen, and what have we learned from this experience in Iran that might cause us to do things differently if this, or something similar, should happen again?

MR. REAGAN: Barbara, you've asked that question twice. I think you ought to have at least one answer to it. I have been accused lately of having a secret plan with regard to the hostages. Now, this comes from an answer that I've made at least 50 times during this campaign to the press, when I am asked have you any ideas of what you would do if you were there? And I said, well, yes.

And I think that anyone that's seeking this position, as well as other people, probably, have thought to themselves, what about this, what about that? These are just ideas of what I would think of if I were in that position and had access to the information, and which I would know all the options that were open to me. I have never answered the question, however; second, the one that says, well, tell me, what are some of those ideas?

First of all, I would be fearful that I might say something that was presently under way or in negotiations, and thus expose it and endanger the hostages, and sometimes, I think some of my ideas might require quiet diplomacy where you don't say in advance, or say to anyone, what it is you're thinking of doing. Your question is difficult to answer, because, in the situation right now, no one wants to say anything that would inadvertently delay, in any way, the return of those hostages if there if there is a chance that they're coming home soon, or that might cause them harm.

What I do think should be done, once they are safely here with their families, and that tragedy is over - we've endured this humiliation for just lacking one week of a year now - then, I think, it is time for us to have a complete investigation as to the diplomatic efforts that were made in the beginning, why they have been there so long, and when they came home, what did we have to do in order to bring that about - what arrangements were made? And I would suggest that Congress should hold such an investigation. In the meantime, I'm going to continue praying that they'll carne home.

MR. SMITH: Follow up question.

MS. WALTERS: I would like to say that neither candidate answered specifically the question of a specific policy for dealing with terrorism, but I will ask Governor Reagan a different follow-up question. You have suggested that there would be no Iranian crisis had you been President, because we would have given firmer support to the Shah. But Iran is a country of 37 million people who are resisting a government that they regarded as dictatorial. My question is not whether the Shah's regime was preferable to the Ayatollah's, but whether the United States has the power or the right to try to determine what form of government any country will have, and do we back unpopular regimes whose major merit is that they are friendly to the United States?

MR. REAGAN: The degree of unpopularity of a regime when the choice is total authoritarianism totalitarianism, I should say, in the alternative government, makes one wonder whether you are being helpful to the people. And we've been guilty of that. Because someone didn't meet exactly our standards of human rights, even though they were an ally of ours, instead of trying patiently to persuade them to change their ways, we have, in a number of instances, aided a revolutionary overthrow which results in complete totalitarianism, instead, for those people. I think that this is a kind of a hypocritical policy when, at the same time, we're maintaining a detente with the one nation in the world where there are no human rights at all - the Soviet Union. Now, there was a second phase in the Iranian affair in which we had something to do with that. And that was, we had adequate warning that there was a threat to our embassy, and we could have done what other embassies did - either strengthen our security there, or remove our personnel before the kidnap and the takeover took place.

But to get back to the point you side stepped:

MR. REAGAN: Well yes, I question the figure about the decline in defense spending under the two previous Administrations in the preceding eight years to this Administration. I would call to your attention that we were in a war that wound down during those eight years, which of course made a change in military spending because of turning from war to peace. I also would like to point out that Republican presidents in those years, faced with a Democratic majority in both houses of the Congress, found that their requests for defense budgets were very often cut.

Now, Gerald Ford left a five-year projected plan for a military build-up to restore our defenses, and President Carter's administration reduced that by 38%, cut 60 ships out of the Navy building program that had been proposed, and stopped the the B-l, delayed the cruise missile, stopped the production line for the Minuteman missile, stopped the Trident or delayed the Trident submarine, and now is planning a mobile military force that can be delivered to various spots in the world which does make me question his assaults on whether I am the one who is quick to look for use of force.

PS: I hope you volunteer to help the disable veterans.

Start a war? Wake the fuck up, toots! We've been at war with radical Islam for 20 years... they declared it in fatwas from their madrases IN Iran. They are trying to build a nuke and we're bending over backwards to give them money to complete it... and you think that's a good thing! You're so afraid of confronting this enemy that you'll keep your head stuck in the sand until there is a mushroom cloud over Manhattan... then you'll find some way to blame it on Republicans and the rich.

Start a war? NO, I want to finish a fucking war!

this the same talking point from the Democrat party ever freaking election. if they didn't have fear/scaremongering they'd have nothing at all.

Bill Clinton bombed a European country because he was caught literally with his pants down. Why shouldn't we punish the a-holes who captured our Sailors?

New Topics

Forum List

Back