The GOP Blames the Victim

I only hope that the Republican party reforms itself. I actually respect conservatives, but these people are beyond belief.

My feelings exactly. I respect Pat Buchanan, but Reagan and Bush were never conservatives.

I think the Republican party showed some principles for the first time in 28 years this week, when they voted down the bailout bill.

yeah, and how did he pay it down

He jacked social security

"Clinton’s lock-box plan is nothing more than a scheme to use more than $3 trillion in Social Security surpluses to buy down federal debt. In exchange, the Social Security trust fund gets another $3 trillion worth of IOUs. To be sure, most Americans would rather pay down the debt than use Social Security’s surpluses to fund pork barrel projects. But make no mistake, once that money is spent – to buy down debt or fund new programs – it will not be there to cover Social Security’s long-term liabilities. "

Clinton?s $3 Trillion Raid on Social Security -- FreedomWorks.org

get off your soapbox andrew....

OF COURSE social security surpluses were used, it is the law as it stands, that social security funds go in to the general treasury...

As it goes in to the treasury now....

President Bush IS ALSO USING EVEN LARGER SUMS of social security surplusses in order to come in to his budget and WITH $180 billion a year of SS surplusses used in his butgets we are STILL HAVING $500 billion a year DEFICITS.....add the SS they used and it brings it to $700 BILLION a year in deficits...i can play your game too you know...?

President Bush has just had the debt level raised to $11.4 TRILLION DOLLARS, it was $5.6 trillion when president bush took office and less than 8 years later we are going to hit $11.4 TRILLION in our national debt.........this president and his congresses have DOUBLE THE FRICKING NATIONAL DEBT IN OUR HISTORY in just 8 years, 8 years, where it took over a hundred years to get to the 5.6 TRILLION and NOTHING pisses me OFF MORE!

SOOOOOOO PLEASE, CRY ME A RIVER about how terrible bill clinton was and how wonderful the republicans are with a republican president on the budget...

THEY ARE THE WORST EVER...absolute WORST....!!!!!!! Clueless on fiscal responsibility, damn CLUELESS.

hey dipshit, how many times to they have to tell you all are to blame before you comprehend it?? I think we are up to about 100 now yep that's what donkeys do best they bray on and on and on and on and on bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush bush

So you think the problem was with CRA's...which started in 1999. So it was only Clintons problem, who was in control at that time for only around 18 months?

Or Bush's who was in control for the next 7 years?

Care to tell us all why, if its something Clinton did and was so Democrat-focused, why Bush didn't change it?

Or is your claim that the entire crisis was caused in 18 months and is only now coming to a head?

This should be rich.

poor old liwbersl they have let their democratic leadership piss all their money away buying up house for poor people and some people on wallstreet mad a lot of money doing it and shipped it all overseas to hidden bank accoutns and now the poor little liwberls got nobody to tax cause the rich people and the corporations ain't rich no more... rats on a sinking ship and they still don't know who did it too them

I'm certain that some did....

So financial institutions and community organizers everywhere--even those not subject to CRA took advantage of the subprime loans that were BLESSED BY THE FED and passed them on to as many people as they could. The toxic debt was bundled, sold and ended up on the taxpayers doorstep.

So you think the problem was with CRA's...which started in 1999. So it was only Clintons problem, who was in control at that time for only around 18 months?

Care to tell us all why, if its something Clinton did and was so Democrat-focused, why Bush didn't change it?

Or is your claim that the entire crisis was caused in 18 months and is only now coming to a head?

This should be rich.

you don't even know who stuck it to you... now that is pathetic. bend over furthur.

poor old liwbersl they have let their democratic leadership piss all their money away buying up house for poor people and some people on wallstreet mad a lot of money doing it and shipped it all overseas to hidden bank accoutns and now the poor little liwberls got nobody to tax cause the rich people and the corporations ain't rich no more... rats on a sinking ship and they still don't know who did it too them

Let me guess...you didn't read the articles.

Its just easier to blame the poors and the blacks, eh? You might want to stop speaking in child-speak, its a bit too accurate for your normal standards.

Let me guess...you didn't read the articles.

Its just easier to blame the poors and the blacks, eh? You might want to stop speaking in child-speak, its a bit too accurate for your normal standards.

I've read plenty of articles.

So financial institutions and community organizers everywhere--even those not subject to CRA took advantage of the subprime loans that were BLESSED BY THE FED and passed them on to as many people as they could. The toxic debt was bundled, sold and ended up on the taxpayers doorstep.
Mortgage companies changed their own standards, they did this because they were able to sell off their debt immediately, removing the risk of selling subprimes...ravi has explained it several times but you are just playing the thickhead imho and i have no plans to continue to tell you the same things while you let it go in one ear and out the other...

think what you will...it's the black people's fault for being stupid...you won't convince me of such, nor will you convince me that very well educated lenders didn't know precisely what they were doing or understood the very tools they used to bamboozle everyone....

i;m done on this topic with you...

NEXT? ;)

Jeff Sessions just said it. The whole ball game

all the democrats want to blame this on de-regulation, and every single democrat refuses to pass regulation legislation on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. End, of story. period end quote.

fucking A

My feelings exactly. I respect Pat Buchanan, but Reagan and Bush were never conservatives.

I think the Republican party showed some principles for the first time in 28 years this week, when they voted down the bailout bill.

Damn, you're a little scary. I agree about Bush I and II but Reagan? Hmmm.

Retards one and all, the Bridge road lead to a bridge that lead to the ONLY airport for the community in question. A bridge would have increased the accessability of the Airport beyond what a ferry was providing.

But of course to KNOW THAT, you would have to be smarter then a dumb ass liberal with their one liners.

and how many people need access to that airport dipshit? the ferry works just fine.

and andrew...thanks...I'm already reading one book...no need to start another....

Mortgage companies changed their own standards, they did this because they were able to sell off their debt immediately, removing the risk of selling subprimes...ravi has explained it several times but you are just playing the thickhead imho and i have no plans to continue to tell you the same things while you let it go in one ear and out the other...

think what you will...it's the black people's fault for being stupid...you won't convince me of such, nor will you convince me that very well educated lenders didn't know precisely what they were doing or understood the very tools they used to bamboozle everyone....

i;m done on this topic with you...

NEXT? ;)

Contrary to your baseless claims, I am not blaming minorities and blacks. I am blaming the Fed for opening the spigot, politicians who were claiming to be helping minorities, financial institutions for pushing this money around and profitting from it, community organizers for doing the same thing and anyone who borrowed money knowing full well they couldn't pay it back.

Politicians and their cronies profitted from this flow of money via kickbacks from their buddies who had easy access to it.
sorry--find another strawman to beat up.

Contrary to your baseless claims, I am not blaming minorities and blacks. I am blaming the Fed for opening the spigot, politicians who were claiming to be helping minorities, financial institutions for pushing this money around and profitting from it, community organizers for doing the same thing and anyone who borrowed money knowing full well they couldn't pay it back.

Politicians and their cronies profitted from this flow of money via kickbacks from their buddies who had easy access to it.
sorry--find another strawman to beat up.

they will never ever get that.

This should be rich.

Your facts are completely wrong. The CRA was started in 1977 and strengthened under Clinton in 1995. Bear Stearns was first to market with derivative products in 1997 and first to fail in 2008 because of it.

As has been posted on here ad nauseum, the Bush admin proposed drastic regulation in 2003 to fix the problem, but the dems voted party line in committee to kill it and the Repubs did not have the same party discipline to beat them back. With a closely divided House and Senate, they did not have the votes to pass the bills.

Jeff Sessions just said it. The whole ball game

all the democrats want to blame this on de-regulation, and every single democrat refuses to pass regulation legislation on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. End, of story. period end quote.

fucking A

i thought fannie and freddie went belly up last week???

Last edited:
i though fannie and freddie went belly up last week???

no,, I think we the taxpayer stepped up and pulled their ass back from the brink. and still the democrats want no regulation no regulation no regulation

Forum List

Back