The GOP Better Start Paying Attention to Demographics!

Should the GOP do more to address minority voters' concerns?

• Total voters
I got money that says Obama will bring up immigration reform as part of his platform in 2012 and the dumbasses will bite off on it hook,line and sinker like they did in 2008. HAHA!
Mark this post, and watch it happen!

Aren't "minority voters" concerns everyone's concerns? Why does the left always judge people by the color of their skins?

...said WHITEhall

I guess Reggie White is a racist too according to your standards of names right?

Isn't Reggie White dead?

Regardless, Reggie White held some controverial views regarding race and homosexuality. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia.

White's retirement was not without controversy. He created a stir in March 1998 with his comments before the Wisconsin state legislature, invoking racial stereotypes of Latinos, Asians, whites, blacks, and Native Americans. He stated that these diverse "gifts" of each race, "formed a complete image of God [...] because He was trying to create Himself". An image that society had pushed aside, leading to the aversion of racial unity. He specified that "without assimilation there's no desegregation, nor is there integration, because people of all ethnic backgrounds have to be able to compete economically in order to build their families."
Later, in an interview with ABC's 20/20, White made remarks about gays and lesbians. Subsequently, White became an ally of organizations opposed to homosexuality; he appeared in a newspaper advertising campaign to convince gays and lesbians that they could "cease" their homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_White

Last edited:
First a few facts.

In 1980, white voters cast 88% of the total presidential vote. By 2008, that percentage had fallen to 74%.

In 2000, Bush won 55% of the white vote, and even though he won the election, he lost the popular vote by 540,000.

In 2008, McCain ALSO won 55% of the white vote, but he lost the election by 7 points.

And finally, the proportion of overall votes cast by white voters is expected to decline even more in 2012.

So...

The GOP definitily needs to attract minority voters by addressing some of their concerns.

But what's happening? Conservatives are actually driving AWAY minority voters with, among other things, their hostile rhetoric regarding immigration reform and their racially charged broadsides directed at President Obama, his wife, Michelle, and other high-profile African-Americans.

Hey, you conservatives can (and probably will) do whatever you please. But circling your wagons and projecting a hostile attitude toward minorities is going to marginalize the GOP in a few elections cycles.

Better wake up!

Oh lookie here, another ___________ (fill in the blank) party needs to do such and such because I said so, based on my biased, self limiting assessment capabilities thread. Whodathunk, color me shocked.

Last edited:
Aren't "minority voters" concerns everyone's concerns? Why does the left always judge people by the color of their skins?

The liberal perception of minorities is that they're all tics looking for government tit to suck on. In their view, minorities aren't like regular Americans who want a job, who want their taxes low, and who don't want their country over populated with illegal aliens who refuse to learn our language and accept our customs.

"catering to minority concerns' apparently means ceding the Southwest states to Mexico.

...said WHITEhall

I guess Reggie White is a racist too according to your standards of names right?

Isn't Reggie White dead?

Regardless, Reggie White held some controverial views regarding race and homosexuality. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia.

White's retirement was not without controversy. He created a stir in March 1998 with his comments before the Wisconsin state legislature, invoking racial stereotypes of Latinos, Asians, whites, blacks, and Native Americans. He stated that these diverse "gifts" of each race, "formed a complete image of God [...] because He was trying to create Himself". An image that society had pushed aside, leading to the aversion of racial unity. He specified that "without assimilation there's no desegregation, nor is there integration, because people of all ethnic backgrounds have to be able to compete economically in order to build their families."
Later, in an interview with ABC's 20/20, White made remarks about gays and lesbians. Subsequently, White became an ally of organizations opposed to homosexuality; he appeared in a newspaper advertising campaign to convince gays and lesbians that they could "cease" their homosexuality.

Reggie White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was just throwing the name out there to prove a point, it was the first to come to mind.

Isn't Reggie White dead?

Reggie White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was just throwing the name out there to prove a point, it was the first to come to mind.

Bad choice. Maybe you should have chosen Betty White.

If they want to address minority voters concerns, they will drastically have to change their platform(though they don't even uphold that at this point). If America becomes majority non-white, the political discourse will move decisively to the left. If conservative republicans and libertarian republicans want to maintain any control over the political discourse and of electoral politics, they will have to push for at least reductions in the importation of unskilled third worlders and at least advocate a policy of assimilation. Or if they are interested in maintaining a white majority and conservative/libertarian political power, they should call for a moratorium on all immigration from all nations except for those nationals we are in an alliance with and with nations in NATO and the EU.

First a few facts.

In 1980, white voters cast 88% of the total presidential vote. By 2008, that percentage had fallen to 74%.

In 2000, Bush won 55% of the white vote, and even though he won the election, he lost the popular vote by 540,000.

In 2008, McCain ALSO won 55% of the white vote, but he lost the election by 7 points.

And finally, the proportion of overall votes cast by white voters is expected to decline even more in 2012.

So...

The GOP definitily needs to attract minority voters by addressing some of their concerns.

But what's happening? Conservatives are actually driving AWAY minority voters with, among other things, their hostile rhetoric regarding immigration reform and their racially charged broadsides directed at President Obama, his wife, Michelle, and other high-profile African-Americans.

Hey, you conservatives can (and probably will) do whatever you please. But circling your wagons and projecting a hostile attitude toward minorities is going to marginalize the GOP in a few elections cycles.

Better wake up!

Oh lookie here, another ___________ (fill in the blank) party needs to do such and such because I said so, based on my biased, self limiting assessment capabilities thread. Whodathunk, color me shocked.

Every smart politician knows that he has to address the concerns of his district (the microcosm of politics) based on all kinds of different demographic breakdown like age, income, ethnicity, AND race. So, FL Congressmen have a larger number of retirees than elsewhere in the country, and some places in FL have higher numbers of Cuban exiles and their families. Their concerns are not going to be identical to other districts in other states.

The demographic trends of the country as a whole (the macrocosm) is something the party has to address. The GOP ignores the trend at its own peril.

Personally, I can see a point in the future when the GOP is going to have to make a choice to change and hopefully grow, or refuse to change and risk becoming essentially the equivalent of a third party in terms of influence. If the GOP leadership tries the first option, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if large numbers of white conservatives decide to leave the GOP to join another political party (or parties). Then conservatives will probably be marginalized even if they're still as loud as they are now.

First a few facts.

So...

Better wake up!

Every smart politician knows that he has to address the concerns of his district (the microcosm of politics) based on all kinds of different demographic breakdown like age, income, ethnicity, AND race. So, FL Congressmen have a larger number of retirees than elsewhere in the country, and some places in FL have higher numbers of Cuban exiles and their families. Their concerns are not going to be identical to other districts in other states.

The demographic trends of the country as a whole (the macrocosm) is something the party has to address. The GOP ignores the trend at its own peril.

Personally, I can see a point in the future when the GOP is going to have to make a choice to change and hopefully grow, or refuse to change and risk becoming essentially the equivalent of a third party in terms of influence. If the GOP leadership tries the first option, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if large numbers of white conservatives decide to leave the GOP to join another political party (or parties). Then conservatives will probably be marginalized even if they're still as loud as they are now.

And I've heard this concerning the GOP for how many decades? Oh and the same reported demise of the DNC how many years ago and how often? Blue and red blinders don't lend themselves very well to honest, critical assessment.

If they want to address minority voters concerns, they will drastically have to change their platform(though they don't even uphold that at this point). If America becomes majority non-white, the political discourse will move decisively to the left. If conservative republicans and libertarian republicans want to maintain any control over the political discourse and of electoral politics, they will have to push for at least reductions in the importation of unskilled third worlders and at least advocate a policy of assimilation. Or if they are interested in maintaining a white majority and conservative/libertarian political power, they should call for a moratorium on all immigration from all nations except for those nationals we are in an alliance with and with nations in NATO and the EU.

“I’ll have them ******* voting Democrat for the next two hundred years.” -- LBJ, Democrat

What are these "minority concerns" that the GOP is supposed to address? You keep dancing around that issue. How are the concerns of Hispanics any different than the concerns of Americans of German dissent?

Only Democrats look at government as a means for looting the productive members of society and divvying up the spoils among its various constituencies. That's what a Democrat means by "addressing the concerns" of Hispanics. It means tossing them more of the swag Democrats have looted.

Rather than "addressing their concerns" what the Republican Party needs to do is educate minorities that organized plunder will destroy this society. It will kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Minorities need to learn that in the long run they don't benefit from the irresponsible spending policies of the Democrat party. Minorities benefit the most from having low taxes and good private sector jobs.

There shouldn't be any "concerns" specific to a particular ethnic group. We all have the same interests unless your interest is preying on your fellow American.

Yea,
Republicans have a history with many minorities.

Gays
blacks
feminists
Hispanics
Muslims
College Professors
Scientists
Teachers
Nurses
Intellectuals

Why change things now?

Yea,
Republicans have a history with many minorities.

Gays
blacks
feminists
Hispanics
Muslims
College Professors
Scientists
Teachers
Nurses
Intellectuals

Why change things now?

Is there any issue on which the consideration, in your mind, does NOT begin with the division of the American people?

Forum List

Back