The GOP and women's rights.

This proves what an intellectually dishonest and willfully ignorant neocon/teabagger parrot Listy is.

Wow, you got this out of this exchange. I am impressed ! Of course, you can't seem to find anything else to type. You've "proved" it ? To who ? Yourself ? Why not let others judge.....or can you take the idea of letting them make up their minds for themselves ?

Didn't think so ?

Yeah, Listy's all about freedom from the evil, oppressive Obama gov't but has NO problem with the GOP driven State FORCING a woman to endure intrusive procedures or outright deny her personal right to determine whether she should terminate a pregnancy regardless of the circumstances. Hypocrit!

My guess is that you can't produce one post where I claim in positive form that I support these measures. Because I won't agree to your conclusions...your natural liberal instinct is to creat a bogus conclusion. After all, if someone does not decry something...they must be for it. :lol::lol::lol: CowDung even brings in personal matters like the "women in my life" in an effort to get a reaction. Won't work. I've seen to many zealots like you before (I had one of them spitting rice at lunch the other day....hysterical).

But we will see if this holds.

No sense in my continuing to respond to Listy, who is nothing more than an ideologically driven crank who can't debate worth a damn.

Well, given that there has been no debate...only your constant bleating of the "facts" which have never been disputed...but the real pain in your ass that some won't call it a war on women (and you never did address whether or not you are calling the women who are in the war against themselves stupid or not....).

Legislators are doing what they were elected to do. I allow them to do that and that makes me an ideologue ? :lol: What sounds more ideaillogically driven is that someone needs to call POV's "war" and then tell those who disagree they are using "propaganda". Using the term "war" isn't propaganda ?

Let's see if CowDung really can STFU or if just needs to come back one last time...just because I posted.

South Dakota GOP proposed a bill that could make it legal to execute doctors who perform abortions

South Dakota Could Legalize Killing Abortion Doctors - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Republicans propose a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life

Official Summary
The following summary was written by the Congressional Research Service, a nonpartisan arm of the Library of Congress, which serves Congress. GovTrack did not write and has no control over these summaries.

10/13/2011--Passed House amended. (This measure has not been amended since it was reported to the House on March 17, 2011. The summary of that version is repeated here.) Protect Life Act - Amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) to prohibit federal funds from being to used to cover any part of the costs of any health plan that includes coverage of abortion services. (Currently, federal funds cannot be used for abortion services and plans receiving federal funds must keep federal funds segregated from any funds for abortion services.) Requires any qualified health benefit plan offered through an Exchange that includes coverage for abortions to also offer a qualified health benefit plan through the Exchange that is identical in every respect except that it does not cover abortions. Prohibits a federal agency or program and any state or local government that receives federal financial assistance under PPACA from requiring any health plan created or regulated under PPACA to discriminate against any institutional or individual health care entity based on the entity's refusal to undergo training in the performance of induced abortions, require or provide such training, or refer for such training. Creates a cause of action for any violations of the abortion provisions of PPACA. Gives federal courts jurisdiction to prevent and redress actual or threatened violations of such provisions by issuing any form of legal or equitable relief, including injunctions and orders preventing the disbursement of all or a portion of federal financial assistance until the prohibited conduct has ceased. Gives standing to institute an action to affected health care entities and the Attorney General. Requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services to designate the Director of the Office for Civil Rights of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to receive and investigate complaints alleging a violation of PPACA abortion provisions. Requires the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to ensure that no multistate qualified health plan offered in an Exchange provides coverage of abortion services.

Protect Life Act (H.R. 358) - GovTrack.us

This guy puts it best:

The HR 358 Abortion bill that Republicans are trying to pass would provide legal protection to hospitals that refuse to perform emergency abortions - even when a woman's life is at stake.
(This could happen when a doctor or other medical staff - because of his/her own personal conscience or belief - refuses to give medical care)

It would free these hospitals from the legal obligation of stabilizing & transferring individuals.

That puts HR 358 in conflict with the Emergency Treatment & Active Labor Act (EMTALA), which was passed in 1986. EMTALA requires hospital emergency rooms to stabilize & then transfer people if hospitals don't want to perform certain proceedures on them.

Long standing Federal policy prohibits Federal funds from being used for abortions except in the case of rape or incest, or when the life of the woman would be endangered.

HR 358 Abortion Bill - What it Does & Does Not Do - Topix

Forum List

Back