The Goodness of the 1950s

The most important event for me in the 50's was the Korean War, the forgotten war. I can remember the letters from my brother who was in the thick of it. No one understood why we were fighting a war whose objective was not to win. The most insightful comment came from Omar Bradley when he said "The wrong war, at the wrong place, at the wrong time, and with the wrong enemy." MacArthur was our hero in Korea. People actually thought Truman was a communist. Many people believe Joseph McCarthy's accusations. There is no better way to describe the fifties other than we were naive but happy in our ignorance.

Last edited:
Sounds like some of you guys are lost in the 50's again, hey is that a song?

Anywayz, I can leave my doors unlocked around here and there's a 99.9% chance nothing is going to happen. All you have to do is move to a small rural town but most of you couldn't hack that, you're too hooked up on your big shity life. So you get all the shit that goes along with living in the city then you complain about it. :)

People did bad things in the 50s but they got punished for it.

Capital Punishment was swift and sure in most states.

People did bad things in the 50s but they got punished for it.

Capital Punishment was swift and sure in most states.
And it they didn't, we lynched em. In the 1950's lynching was dying out being replaced by shootings, however we still managed 4 lynchings in 50's.

New Topics

Forum List

Back