The Goodenough Battery Will End the Internal Combustion Automobile

And nobody said or implied it was "their business" did they,

But somebody DID assert that "trucks are what Americans want". Yet they're not what I want and not what you want either. You and I are thus two examples to the contrary of that assertion.

So after posting earlier I got in my non-truck to go do some stuff in town. Mileage indicator said I was at 47.2 mpg. Had to zip around a pickup truck (empty) that was groovin' up slowly because it can't handle the curves of these mountain roads. By the time I got back mileage had slipped to 46.4.

We can only guess what the pickup truck's mileage was, even as slow as he was meandering. I'd guess maybe a third of mine.
youve been making it your business all day,,,

I guess you didnt know it but not all americans want trucks as indicated by the many cars you saw on the road today,,,

mind your own business because youre starting to sound like a fascist,,,

Once AGAIN nowhere have I said or implied it was my "business". You can make shit up all day and into the night if you like, doesn't make it somehow ooze into the history books. Or in this case the quote nest.

Go ahead, prove me wrong. QUOTE me.
by telling people what you think they should own based on your opinion is making it your business

Once AGAIN --- quote where I declared what anybody "should" or "shouldn't" or "can" or "can't" do.

I'll go ahead and tell you, right here and now, that you can't find such a quote. We both know that.

REALLY???

thats been the premise behind your entire comments,,,

Then QUOTE IT.

Are you having trouble figuring out what the verb "quote" means?

youve been making it your business all day,,,

I guess you didnt know it but not all americans want trucks as indicated by the many cars you saw on the road today,,,

mind your own business because youre starting to sound like a fascist,,,

Once AGAIN nowhere have I said or implied it was my "business". You can make shit up all day and into the night if you like, doesn't make it somehow ooze into the history books. Or in this case the quote nest.

by telling people what you think they should own based on your opinion is making it your business

Once AGAIN --- quote where I declared what anybody "should" or "shouldn't" or "can" or "can't" do.

I'll go ahead and tell you, right here and now, that you can't find such a quote. We both know that.

REALLY???

Then QUOTE IT.

I dont have to its in all your comments,,,

the new ones will reduce that,,

Reducing explosions in a family automobile is always a good thing.

Elimination would be preferable.
give it time,,,with all new tech like this there are risks,,,

Which is why any governmental efforts to dictate or subsidize the adaptation of the technology is criminal.

Let the market decide, the same way it decided on ICE technology a century ago.

Government has been subsidizing technology since forever, including the ICE by at the minimum building roads for it. This goes all the way back to the telegraph, continuing in an unbroken line through railroads and electrical grids to nuclear power and the internet we're on right now. That's one of the main functions OF a government.

REALLY???

Then QUOTE IT.

You **CAN'T** because it doesn't exist.

REALLY???

Then QUOTE IT.

You **CAN'T** because it doesn't exist.

yes it does,,,

He thinks I'm a leftist :21:

Did you even watch the video before commenting?

There are MANY amazing benefits in creating a battery that is CHEAP, doesnt rely on rare metals, has a long lifespan, and stores more energy, pound for pound, than gasoline.
Your politics doesn't matter, in general electric cars are idiotic and foolish given the current state of our power grid. Take the idiotic subsidies away and they too go away overnight.
WTF politics wasnt a part of his POV,,,

Well some asshole claimed that I thought they were a liberal, so.

Yeah I saw that. You did.

Want me to quote it?

Roll tape.

Great information on what is soon to come.

You poor dumbass leftards are so friggin clueless when it comes to anything science math or engineering related it's pathetic. It does not really matter how good the battery is you idiot, the problem is getting the energy to charge the friggin battery in the first place. Everytime you convert enery from one form to another you lose some to conversion loss. Then there's the transmission loss. Get it through your thick skulls that the tooth fairy does not put electricy in the wall socket. And today the vast majority of that electricity is generated with fossil fuels like the fossil fuel that powers conventional cars.

Lemme guess, you're gonna deny those words are sitting on the page now, amirite?

I dont see the word liberal anywhere in his comment,,,

That makes Uncle Fester a liar then, doesn't it.

So "electric" cars basically run on coal. How is that eco-friendly?
Becaue the emissions per mile of operation are still much lower for an electric car than for a gasoline car. You know, a functioning adult, with a minmum of effort, should be able to puzzle out that possibility and then look it up.

So "electric" cars basically run on coal. How is that eco-friendly?
Becaue the emissions per mile of operation are still much lower for an electric car than for a gasoline car. You know, a functioning adult, with a minmum of effort, should be able to puzzle out that possibility and then look it up.
Wrong again stupid, electric cars have ZERO emissions, not less emissions. However they still run on coal, oil or uranium

Seriously you are brain dead and certainly not a functioning adult

Why don't you regale us on the arcane circumstances under which you'd need to haul a TON? What happened, a meteor landed in your back yard?
Wow! You are one clueless idiot.

Look around you. Do you think the things you see around you got there via particle beam transporter?

Or a truck?

Last edited:
Why don't you regale us on the arcane circumstances under which you'd need to haul a TON? What happened, a meteor landed in your back yard?

Look around you. Do you think the things you see around you got there via particle beam transporter?

Or a truck?

The things around me? They grew from seeds.

Meanwhile it looks like most of my post was carted away by a big truck. Funny that you couldn't handle it.

Or a truck?

Meanwhile it looks like most of my post was carted away by a big truck. Funny that you couldn't handle it.
You grew that computer from seeds?

I think you've been smokin' something that grew from seeds.

Or a truck?

You grew that computer from seeds?

I think you've been smokin' something that grew from seeds.

Hey, you said look at the things around me. We call them 'trees'. :dunno:

Forum List

Back