the godfather

I don't know why I didn't post earlier, but I got this game a couple weeks ago and, yeah, it's a blast. In some ways, I like it better than GTA, particularly the fighting system. I still never get tired of hanging people out of windows. The little side missions are way more fun than the actual story missions, to me.

Dan said:
I don't know why I didn't post earlier, but I got this game a couple weeks ago and, yeah, it's a blast. In some ways, I like it better than GTA, particularly the fighting system. I still never get tired of hanging people out of windows. The little side missions are way more fun than the actual story missions, to me.

So is it completely linear, or can you just roll your own way like in GTA?

You can absolutely do your own thing, though the story does affect what you can or can't do non-linearly. For example, there are... I think 4 other families in the game besides the Corleones, and if you rough up too many of their business owners in addition to missions where you have to kill members of the same family, they will declare a mob war on you.

But, it's basically exactly like GTA, although the map's not as big. No big deal, though, you can definitely do plenty with what they give you. My only complaint is that too many of the buildings look alike, so it's hard to memorize where everything is. Of course, it looks accurate to the time, so I guess that's more of a complaint about 30's architecture than it is about the game.

Dan said:
You can absolutely do your own thing, though the story does affect what you can or can't do non-linearly. For example, there are... I think 4 other families in the game besides the Corleones, and if you rough up too many of their business owners in addition to missions where you have to kill members of the same family, they will declare a mob war on you.

But, it's basically exactly like GTA, although the map's not as big. No big deal, though, you can definitely do plenty with what they give you. My only complaint is that too many of the buildings look alike, so it's hard to memorize where everything is. Of course, it looks accurate to the time, so I guess that's more of a complaint about 30's architecture than it is about the game.

Actually I believe it was the 40's, as Micheal Corleone was in the Marines during world war 2.

Thanks for the info though. What platform are you talking about? I know it was coming out for PSP, how is that, does anyone know?

I played it for the PS2, no clue about the PSP, although I know they just put out a PSP-only GTA, so I'd be scooping that up before this if I had a PSP.

And, the story takes place between the 30s and 50s. You don't play as Michael, you play as a lower-level soldier. Plus, just because most of the story takes place in the 40s doesn't mean that's when the entire city was built. So suck on that. :tng:

Dan said:
I played it for the PS2, no clue about the PSP, although I know they just put out a PSP-only GTA, so I'd be scooping that up before this if I had a PSP.

And, the story takes place between the 30s and 50s. You don't play as Michael, you play as a lower-level soldier. Plus, just because most of the story takes place in the 40s doesn't mean that's when the entire city was built. So suck on that. :tng:
You win this round Dan...

And I have the GTA style game for PSP, it made the flight to Vegas seem like nothing. It is very fun, brought back memories of my 7th grade video game era.

Very cool. Is it just a standard GTA game? It seemed to me they didn't really advertise it that much considering it's a new addition to one of the most widely successful game franchises in history.

Dan said:
Very cool. Is it just a standard GTA game? It seemed to me they didn't really advertise it that much considering it's a new addition to one of the most widely successful game franchises in history.

Yeah, same map as GTA 3, only different story line and different cars. Kinda cool cause you know where everything is, but kinda lame cause I've spent hours listening to Micheal SAvage and driving around the GTA 3 map (that's my aformentioned 7th grade viedo game era). There's the addition of motorcycles too, which are alot easier to drive (and funner) than cars. I haven't done too many missions, just drove around and killed people.

Forum List

Back