The Goddess

Primarily abortion and the pooh-poohing of traditional values...honesty, integrity, nuclear families and such.

Honesty and integrity are not pooh-poohed by anyone, but I now understand better where you're coming from. I think you're wrong to label a non-traditional approach to sexuality "militant dyke values" (I am certainly not a dyke -- wrong gender for it). It has become the mainstream among heterosexuals as well, although obviously an acceptance of homosexuality is part of that. In fact, I would say that what you are calling "militant dyke values," and which should better and more accurately be called a sexual morality based on mutual respect rather than on authority and ownership, arises from the rebirth of the Goddess in our hearts. It is an inherently feminist ethic in that it requires recognizing gender equality and not treating a woman as the possession of a man.

How odd you have all these lesbian friends but don't know what a militant dyke is. My lesbian friends could certainly fill you in....

Oh, I know what most people would call a militant dyke. It was just unclear what you meant by the term, since you were using it to describe people who obviously aren't dykes, militant or otherwise. You have now clarified that, and I thank you.

I didn't use the term initially to describe anyone. I simply said unless you were a militant dyke or a liberal black, you have no value (specifically within the progressive movement).

That's what happens when you have a whole political group who determine value based upon sexuality and color.

I didn't use the term initially to describe anyone. I simply said unless you were a militant dyke or a liberal black, you have no value (specifically within the progressive movement).

Which is why I pointed out that Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton, who clearly DO have value within the progressive movement (deservedly so or not -- that's an off-topic discussion), just as clearly are NOT "militant dykes," at least not by any standard and non-idiosyncratic understanding of that term. And you said that they do a good impression of militant dykehood, which also made no sense. So I asked you for clarification, and you clarified.

What you mean by "militant dyke" is anyone who upholds gender equality (hence the "militant" part) and progressive sexual morality (hence the "dyke" part). It's perfectly comprehensible now. I just didn't understand what you meant, that's all. Now I do.

Of course I reject your assertion about racism and sexism and consider that absurd. But I honestly did need clarification of what you were talking about.

This thread is for discussion of the Goddess, the Eternal Feminine, the She-aspect of the divine, the Great Mother.

Almost all religions recognize some version or other of the Goddess. Even ostensibly monotheistic religions with male deities often do this, as the Catholic Church has evolved reverence for Mary. There's a need in the human soul, I believe, to relate to the cosmos personally, and it is natural to do this in the arms of the Mother. An approach to the divine that fails to recognize its feminine side is incomplete and sterile. The Goddess embodies the divine love in a way that is more easily and readily embraced. She inspires to artistic brilliance, compassion, and simple joy more commonly than does the God.

One might in fact not overstate the case too much to say that all of the flaws in religions of the Abrahamic lineage (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) stem from a failure to recognize and adore the Goddess, or to see God as feminine as well as masculine (even where this is done in dusty theology, it is seldom done in imagery or in the heart). If these religions were open to the love of the Lady, they might be far less violent, less intolerant, and less ready to display to the world the frowning face of disapproval.

The provocation of these particular sects within religion's finest is most likely not at all as you post, instead it may be that these very sects provoke a refined goddess... Royality by and within all accounts instead of merely the empowerment of a WOman. These particular sects may produce the kind of women that represent WOes to their men, but only the men who are the infidels... that means they have EARNED the WO.

That is not an impressive try at a play on words. The female gender was named in a language that was not English. So, that 'woe' dog shit just don't hunt.

Um, your limited thought process is apparent, then, and I don't consider the play on words as dog shit at all... The English language represents a multitude of historical genetics... as well as other things... so in retrospect the English language could also represent, prove a revealing of such. Many of our words are profoundly dumbed down... seemingly because of a continual spiritual unraveling. I'm not a scholar on words... this is just how it all appears. :dunno:

The provocation of these particular sects within religion's finest is most likely not at all as you post, instead it may be that these very sects provoke a refined goddess... Royality by and within all accounts instead of merely the empowerment of a WOman. These particular sects may produce the kind of women that represent WOes to their men, but only the men who are the infidels... that means they have EARNED the WO.

That is not an impressive try at a play on words. The female gender was named in a language that was not English. So, that 'woe' dog shit just don't hunt.

Um, your limited thought process is apparent, then, and I don't consider the play on words as dog shit at all... The English language represents a multitude of historical genetics... as well as other things... so in retrospect the English language could also represent, prove a revealing of such. Many of our words are profoundly dumbed down... seemingly because of a continual spiritual unraveling. I'm not a scholar on words... this is just how it all appears. :dunno:

We can tell. Woman was not called 'woman' because she would be a woe to man.

Um.......

:eusa_eh:

:redface:

Then Why?

Um.......

Then Why?

Because men are supposed to spend millions of dollars $$$ wooing us. Of course!

sure when i am new to a job i work harder than the people who have been there..male or female....when your low man on the totem pole you scramble just a wee bit more...

something working all my life has taught me...and when you are doing physical labor with men....they are gonna watch for a few months and decide if your a keeper or not...once you prove you are willing to work hard with them.....all is good....i have worked long enough to know that too

Yeah, I've noticed women will work harder during the honeymoon....then they slack off for the next 20 years until you can't even get'em to fetch you a beer and a sammich.:(

The amount of work a woman will do for a man post honeymoon is inversely proportional to the number of times she has to FAKE the big one!

sure when i am new to a job i work harder than the people who have been there..male or female....when your low man on the totem pole you scramble just a wee bit more...

something working all my life has taught me...and when you are doing physical labor with men....they are gonna watch for a few months and decide if your a keeper or not...once you prove you are willing to work hard with them.....all is good....i have worked long enough to know that too

Yeah, I've noticed women will work harder during the honeymoon....then they slack off for the next 20 years until you can't even get'em to fetch you a beer and a sammich.:(

The amount of work a woman will do for a man post honeymoon is inversely proportional to the number of times she has to FAKE the big one!

Really?

:confused:

I thought it was proportional to the number of times I have to fake the "Big One."

Which is why I pointed out that Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton, who clearly DO have value within the progressive movement (deservedly so or not -- that's an off-topic discussion), just as clearly are NOT "militant dykes," at least not by any standard and non-idiosyncratic understanding of that term. And you said that they do a good impression of militant dykehood, which also made no sense. So I asked you for clarification, and you clarified.

What you mean by "militant dyke" is anyone who upholds gender equality (hence the "militant" part) and progressive sexual morality (hence the "dyke" part). It's perfectly comprehensible now. I just didn't understand what you meant, that's all. Now I do.

Of course I reject your assertion about racism and sexism and consider that absurd. But I honestly did need clarification of what you were talking about.

You have already told me what I think, so why would I bother with trying to explain it to you?

That's a really annoying habit, btw. I know what I mean. I don't need you to explain to me what I think and what I mean. When you quit doing that, maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.

You have already told me what I think, so why would I bother with trying to explain it to you?

No, you told me what you think. I had to ask you to clarify it, but you did.

That's a really annoying habit, btw. I know what I mean. I don't need you to explain to me what I think and what I mean. When you quit doing that, maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.

I don't tell you what you think and mean. I just translate what you say from the misleading weasel-words you use to imply things that aren't actually implied, into straight, meaningful language. I don't actually change a thing other than that.

When you stop using misleading weasel-words to imply things that aren't actually implied, THEN maybe we can have an intelligent discussion.

Um.......

Then Why?

:eusa_hand:
"$$Millions" seems conservative.

Yep, it sure is... especially when the 'millions' be linked to the monetary train of thought... Many men fail within their relationships because they assume 'all' women want monetary millions. Gooooo figure.... :eusa_whistle: Yet, there seems to be many women who are quite happy to stop at that point. :cuckoo:

Also, experiences can be deceptive and misleading... :eusa_angel:

Um.......

Then Why?

There are sooo many things that money cannot do nor can multitudes of money mask.... *lola* yet then, too, if a man cannot become accomplished at making 'enough' money for his own self-worth, he seems to be incapable of self-sustaining the challenges required with the best of relationships.

Um.......

Then Why?

There are sooo many things that money cannot do nor can multitudes of money mask.... *lola* yet then, too, if a man cannot become accomplished at making 'enough' money for his own self-worth, he seems to be incapable of self-sustaining the challenges required with the best of relationships.

:eusa_whistle:

In other words: "If you got the money, honey, I got the time."

:eusa_hand:

If you are female, then you need a man to explain to you what you should think and what you mean.

It's really for your own good.

Besides, we paid good money for the privilage.

:eusa_whistle:

In other words: "If you got the money, honey, I got the time."

No. In other words... Many men are self-destructive and insecure when they are not earning a sufficient wage... meeting no one's expectations more than their own for themselves.

The making of a woman's happiness is most likely impossible if he *hates* his level of earnings.

If the spirit of the Goddess is gone, then it is men who did away with her, and not women. Qualify that with this: She couldn't have been done away with without women allowing it. For whatever reason.

Someone, maybe Tom Robbins, said that a god only exists as long as men believe in it. So, is the Goddess gone because no one believes any longer? Or has she just morphed into another type of Goddess?

I don't know.... I am still trying to wrap my head around what it matters if I fake anything, be it big or little my hubby has never even noticed.... either. :D Sex talk is always idealistic to me... I only know what I have read... This may also be one of those great flaws within our mainstream. Most have no clue what it means to accommodate the other.

Forum List

Back