The Goddess

True enough. But Christians believe the Holy Spirit is in the actual words of the bible, so each translation is still of God.

When the words are misunderstood or mistranslated, there's a reason for it.

However, one of the fascinating things about the bible is that the more you look, the more you learn. The words, regardless of how they are translated, are of God from the very beginning. Then the more you get into them, the more knowledgeable you are about them...

Studying the Bible from the Hebrew translation gives you a much deeper meaning, as there are many subtleties of the Hebrew language that don't translate very well.

I recommend watching God's Learning Channel's "Hidden in the Hebrew with Uri Harel" sometime.

Good grief, what garbage.

You know it's garbage, right? You can't tell what people think and believe because YOU think and believe something. You are not the divining rod of all thought, believe it or not.

LOL no, I'm quite confident in what I'm saying, which I understand and quite obviously you don't.

I consider Jesus a closet devotee of the Goddess because he behaved like one (or is reported in the Gospels to have done so). He let the woman taken for adultery and about to be stoned off on a technicality and a bit of sophistry, while fiercely condemning the gray-faced killjoys of his time. He hung out with prostitutes, gamblers, and good-hearted rascals, eschewing the society of the "best" people. He drove those who would commercialize faith from the temple with whips. He was accused of being lax about the Law, and in fact he was, reducing all of these thou-shalt-nots to two commandments, both involving love, and excusing failure to keep the Sabbath with the blithe excuse that the law was made for man and not vice-versa.

All of this brands him as a devotee of the Goddess in his heart. I don't say that he was one in his head or overtly, but it's obvious where his heart was.

I find that stuff fascinating and will look that one up.

It comes on Monday nights at around 10:00 pm CST, and again on Tuesday at 5:30 pm CST.

I highly recommend watching it, as he explains things very well, as well as the nuances of the Hebrew and why they used one way of saying something over another.

Right now, they're going through what makes a righteous leader.

Enjoy.

Good grief, what garbage.

You know it's garbage, right? You can't tell what people think and believe because YOU think and believe something. You are not the divining rod of all thought, believe it or not.

LOL no, I'm quite confident in what I'm saying, which I understand and quite obviously you don't.

I consider Jesus a closet devotee of the Goddess because he behaved like one (or is reported in the Gospels to have done so). He let the woman taken for adultery and about to be stoned off on a technicality and a bit of sophistry, while fiercely condemning the gray-faced killjoys of his time. He hung out with prostitutes, gamblers, and good-hearted rascals, eschewing the society of the "best" people. He drove those who would commercialize faith from the temple with whips. He was accused of being lax about the Law, and in fact he was, reducing all of these thou-shalt-nots to two commandments, both involving love, and excusing failure to keep the Sabbath with the blithe excuse that the law was made for man and not vice-versa.

All of this brands him as a devotee of the Goddess in his heart. I don't say that he was one in his head or overtly, but it's obvious where his heart was.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, if you say so.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdf67sXK9Hk]Sky Cries Mary - Back to the Sea - YouTube[/ame]

Interestingly enough, in Judaic theology, they DO acknowledge women. Matter of fact, they believe that God is both male AND female, which is why God said "let US create man in OUR own image".
No, he said let us create man in our image because it was God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost that he was talking about.
God created woman at the same time [Lilith]. She was not obedient enough, so they got rid of her and created Eve from Adam's rib.

Are you reading minds again?

And do you have a crystal ball? Because otherwise, you have no idea how I behave.

Diana and Endymion ~ Goddess of the hunt and the shepherd ~ Nicholas Poussin (1630)
Diana-and-Endymion-Poussin-1630.jpg

300px-William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_%281825-1905%29_-_The_Birth_of_Venus_%281879%29.jpg

The Birth of Venus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_Venus_(Bouguereau)

I've seen this painting in person. It is exquisite.

Last edited:
OK, so WHAT happened to the universal feminine? Where have we been and where are we going. When I was younger ALL women's magazines had top models on the covers and throughout the magazine. And we came to know them by name, back in the day. NOW, all you see on the cover or throughout is Ellen Degeneras. WTF? Who wants to look at her? I would say 'who wants to look at that bull dyke,' but I would get my ears eaten off.

I guess they want us to believe the Goddess is a lesbian.

Last edited:
*shakes head*...

We need dragon to explain us to ourselves. Where is he?

I do not believe that Jesus tried to eliminate the feminine. I also don't believe he was not married. Marriage was and is a supremely important part of Jewish culture. I think he was married to Mary Magdalene. And there is NO evidence in the Bible that she was a prostitute. The Roman church did the same number to her that it did to Florence Nightingale because they didn't want women to have any power.

Also, if you look into his teachings you see a lot of the Egyptian mystery religion in them.

I think it was Mary Magdalene who anointed Jesus' feet with the expensive perfume. The allegory is that the 'vessel' has to be broken for its essence to be perceived. Of course, Jesus was the Vessel that was broken by crucifixion. Perhaps women have been broken by having been vilified by the Romans (and others.) The 'goddess' is not dead. Of THAT I am sure. ;)

OK, so WHAT happened to the universal feminine? Where have we been and where are we going. When I was younger ALL women's magazines had top models on the covers and throughout the magazine. And we came to know them by name, back in the day. NOW, all you see on the cover or throughout is Ellen Degeneras. WTF? Who wants to look at her? I would say 'who wants to look at that bull dyke,' but I would get my ears eaten off.

What happened to the universal feminine? IMHO, it happened back in the 70's with Twiggy, because before then, most female models had curves rather than looking like underfed waifs.

Transition to the 80's, where the waif phenomenon was running rampant, and you'd see that the women looked more like little boys than women.

Now? Because we've gotten used to seeing women with angles (like men), it's NO WONDER why lesbians are the hot item right now. Most of 'em look similar to dudes.

What happened to the universal feminine? IMHO, it happened back in the 70's with Twiggy, because before then, most female models had curves rather than looking like underfed waifs.

Transition to the 80's, where the waif phenomenon was running rampant, and you'd see that the women looked more like little boys than women.

Now? Because we've gotten used to seeing women with angles (like men), it's NO WONDER why lesbians are the hot item right now. Most of 'em look similar to dudes.

And now every magazine has Ellen Degeneras, the universal lesbian, on the cover and all pages in between. I posted that already. WTF are they trying to sell us anyway?

New Topics

Forum List

Back