The God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he have to amuse himself? He's all knowing, so he there's no point in trying to amuse himself, since he already knows what he's gonna do.

Cause he can----why do you think so small ?

kal-el said:
Why does he have to amuse himself? He's all knowing, so he there's no point in trying to amuse himself, since he already knows what he's gonna do.

He doesn't need the rock to amuse himself.

He has you.

dmp said:
Is Eve still alive? It's pretty clear to most people who 'honestly' look for answers God intended for humans to live forever. When she sinned, she removed herself from the promises/protections of God's plan.

Ahh, nope. But she didn't die from eating fruit off the tree. Let me get this right, he puts a tree in a garden, tells Adam and Eve not to eat off it, then he found out they ate off it, and asked "where are you?" What, he didn't know where Adam was? So not only did he not know they were gonna eat off it, he couldn't find them than, and then blamed them for it? Not only is your sky pixie irresponsible, he is depicted as a moron who has no idea what he's doing.

Your verses? They don't MEAN anything because you don't provide - and if you did, you refuse to understand - context.

O man, bullet-proof rebuttal. I provide numerous verses where he lies, and you refute them with a simple "because you refuse to understand." Wow, your arguments blow me away!

Dude, it is logically impossible to be bestowed with all of the omni abilities: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/theodore_drange/incompatible.html

If god is indeed omniscient, then why, pray tell, did he have to personally stroll down to Soddom to see what was happening? He should already know.

Genesis 18:20
Then the Lord said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gemorrah is so great and their sin so grievious that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry which has reached me. If not, I will know."

Omniscience is a asinine ability, it can't exist. How can an entity know everything that has ever been and ever will be? God could never think, because he would already know evwerything he's going to think, it would be pointless. And he could never be mad. As being mad is just a reaction to something that you don't expect, and nothing gets by god.

kal-el said:
Ahh, nope. But she didn't die from eating fruit off the tree. Let me get this right, he puts a tree in a garden, tells Adam and Eve not to eat off it, then he found out they ate off it, and asked "where are you?" What, he didn't know where Adam was? So not only did he not know they were gonna eat off it, he couldn't find them than, and then blamed them for it? Not only is your sky pixie irresponsible, he is depicted as a moron who has no idea what he's doing.

O man, bullet-proof rebuttal. I provide numerous verses where he lies, and you refute them with a simple "because you refuse to understand." Wow, your arguments blow me away!

Dude, it is logically impossible to be bestowed with all of the omni abilities:

If god is indeed omniscient, then why, pray tell, did he have to personally stroll down to Soddom to see what was happening? He should already know.

Omniscience is a asinine ability, it can't exist. How can an entity know everything that has ever been and ever will be? God could never think, because he would already know evwerything he's going to think, it would be pointless. And he could never be mad. As being mad is just a reaction to something that you don't expect, and nothing gets by god.

I'll go you one better and ask you how you can be sure you know ANYTHING?

Arabian said:
I WANNA ASK A QUESTION ITS ONLY ONE
its about the God
the God grow old ,, yes or know
and if he is,,,,how old is the god now????

God is infinite. He exists outside of the constraints of time. Therefore, no, God does not grow old.

kal-el said:

Good lord - you are dense, brother....

Can you FORCE somebody to love you? Nope. They must choose it. Without the choice of sin, there's no 'will' involved, thus, no true love. This is 2nd grade stuff bro.

She DID die (spiritually) from disobeying God.

Ever heard of a 'Rhetorical' question? Ya know? I ask my kids a LOT when I see them hiding "Ethan?? Where are you?" Knowing full well where he is. You pick the stupidest points to try to argue. Laughable.

No - you provided quotes where PEOPLE Lied. Nothing where God lies. You really have no concept of "Context"? Look at dictionary.com - try to figure out what context means.

Dude, it is logically impossible to be bestowed with all of the omni abilities:

Stroll down to soddom? Wha?? He sent Angles to warn Lot to leave - to HELP him leave. My lord - My prayer is You are just joking around, and NOT as dense as you seem.

The greatness of God isn't determined by your ability - more accurately, your inablity to comprehend his greatness.

dilloduck said:
I'll go you one better and ask you how you can be sure you know ANYTHING?

Well, for starters, I know I have 5 fingers on each hand, I can observe it, it is proven factual that humans are born with 5 fingers on each hand, sure there's some odditites, but they are far and few.

kal-el said:
Well, for starters, I know I have 5 fingers on each hand, I can observe it, it is proven factual that humans are born with 5 fingers on each hand, sure there's some odditites, but they are far and few.

I assume you are a non-believer?

If I am correct, tell us why.

dmp said:
Good lord - you are dense, brother....

Another highly intellectual comment from the peanut gallery.

Can you FORCE somebody to love you? Nope. They must choose it. Without the choice of sin, there's no 'will' involved, thus, no true love. This is 2nd grade stuff bro.

Of course you cannot force one to love you, but that right there contrdicts god, thats something he can't do. Look at the definition I gave for omnipotent, it dosen't mention he can do everything, except forcing someone to love another, nice try. Next argument please.

She DID die (spiritually) from disobeying God.

Quote the scripture where it mentions this. I don't recall it mentioning the death of Eve. Genesis 4:25 is the last time she was mentioned. You are being dishonest.

Ever heard of a 'Rhetorical' question? Ya know? I ask my kids a LOT when I see them hiding "Ethan?? Where are you?" Knowing full well where he is. You pick the stupidest points to try to argue. Laughable.

Rhetorical, the bible mentions no such thing. I tend to take things literal unless told otherwise. Once again, the bible dosen't imply that one shouldn't take it literally, so stop being dishonest.

No - you provided quotes where PEOPLE Lied. Nothing where God lies. You really have no concept of "Context"? Look at dictionary.com - try to figure out what context means.

What? Do you realize how dumb this makes you look?
Gen.15-17
The lord god took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work and take care of it. And the lord commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it, you will surely die."

So god's talking to adam after all, and lying on top of it. So, your argument's moot.

Stroll down to soddom? Wha?? He sent Angles to warn Lot to leave - to HELP him leave. My lord - My prayer is You are just joking around, and NOT as dense as you seem.

Angles, God, that's trivial. He still should know what sinister acts are going on, since he is omniscient.

The greatness of God isn't determined by your ability - more accurately, your inablity to comprehend his greatness.

What greatness? For god sakes he killed kids because of the stupid reason of kids making fun of one of his prophet's baldness.

kal-el said:
You are placing restraints on your sky man here. God can't grow old, enough said. There's something he can't do. If he can't grow old, he's not omnipotent.

Attempting to constrain a Supernatural Being with Natural Law is simply disingenuous, illogical, undemonstrable, and entirely without merit in debate.

Could God make a stone so large he couldn't lift it? Is usually the ridiculous question I have heard most often along these lines. The attempt is to bind him to Natural Law, then bust the image through "logic" but ignores the Supernatural nature of the Deity being discussed.

God could make himself a man, then create a boulder he could not lift with the muscles he had at that time. He could grow old with all of us while in that body. He could also release himself from that mold and become what he wanted to lift the rock at a later time. Attempting to constrain him with logic is not an effective tool when dealing with a Supernatural being.

In short God could become old if he wished.

kal-el said:
Correct.

It's the default position. Everyone was an atheist when they were born. I am an atheist because I lack a belief in a god, as there is an abundant lack of evidence.

Did you know you were a male when you were born?

Of course you cannot force one to love you, but that right there contrdicts god, thats something he can't do. Look at the definition I gave for omnipotent, it dosen't mention he can do everything, except forcing someone to love another, nice try. Next argument please.

Why are YOU the only person having a problem with 'God can't do EVERYTHING - but he CAN do everything that makes sense.'

Quote the scripture where it mentions this. I don't recall it mentioning the death of Eve. Genesis 4:25 is the last time she was mentioned.

Dishonest about what? That God wasn't speaking she'd 'instantly' die? But the suggestion is, apart from Sin, Man was created to be eternal?

Rhetorical, the bible mentions no such thing. I tend to take things literal unless told otherwise.

Then you are not very intelligent.

What? Do you realize how dumb this makes you look?

...yet you are the person who doesn't allow for the word 'context' to manifest itself in your vocabulary....right.

Gay-El said:
Gen.15-17
The lord god took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work and take care of it. And the lord commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden, but you must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it, you will surely die."

So god's talking to adam after all, and lying on top of it. So, your argument's moot.

What the hell are you talking about?

Angles, God, that's trivial. He still should know what sinister acts are going on, since he is omniscient.

Okay - last time...as if to my 3 year old:

"Sonny...God knew the bad things happening, so he sent angels to help Lot and his family leave!"

wow. www.hop.com - try it.

What greatness? For god sakes he killed kids because of the stupid reason of kids making fun of one of his prophet's baldness.

What the hell are you talking about? If anyone was killed directly by God they were killed for disobeying Him. Our judgements, or the results of our judgements are our own doing, child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back