The God that failed

Ronald Reagan is God, at least in the hearts and minds of many Americans today. For those who are not willfully ignorant, a study of 'current events', 1985 style might be worthy.

The Drive to Kill Revenue Sharing - TIME

[of course Reagan didn't fail, nor did the presidents who superseded him, nor the Congress', in the sense that we can blame anyone person or anyone party. The critical issue today is we are a house divided and until the people begin to boo any pol who offers criticism after criticism, we will remain a nation divided.]

It's time for solutions and for all of us work together, for a house divided cannot stand. The real enemy to our Republic are those who hope the Republic fails, and there are many who do.

I thought you meant this:
Obama%20God.gif

In the thread Dis clearly gets the facts wrong and then refuses to admitt it, she is then joined by a rabble on the right refusing to accept the facts.

It is not good for any country to have people who refuse facts.

What goes on between you and Dis, should be between you and Dis, good luck with that. You might want to study the matter deeper, before making accusations. Perspectives are limited in all of us, what contributes to the full picture, and what doesn't. If something is invalid, show it to be the case. It doesn't have to be a personal attack every time.

Intense that link is an example of how easy it is to get people on the right to gang up even when the facts are against them.

It's easy to get any group to be reduced to an angry mindless mob, it's a human condition. I would ask the people that are so proficient at doing that, Why? To what end? On 8/28 at the Beck Rally, Sharpton diverted his march? Why? Foresight? Prudence? I applaud him for that. Why put people at risk? There are always forces beyond our control. People even get killed over sporting events. What better defense than practicing the Golden Rule?

The Golden Rule as a defense? I recall a history prof's comment in re Ghandi. To paraphrase, Ghandi was smart enough to lie in front of British Tanks, had he done so in front of German Panzers he and his tactics would have been flatened.Some practice the GR, others the corollary: Do onto others before they do onto you.

Intense that link is an example of how easy it is to get people on the right to gang up even when the facts are against them.

It's easy to get any group to be reduced to an angry mindless mob, it's a human condition. I would ask the people that are so proficient at doing that, Why? To what end? On 8/28 at the Beck Rally, Sharpton diverted his march? Why? Foresight? Prudence? I applaud him for that. Why put people at risk? There are always forces beyond our control. People even get killed over sporting events. What better defense than practicing the Golden Rule?

The Golden Rule as a defense? I recall a history prof's comment in re Ghandi. To paraphrase, Ghandi was smart enough to lie in front of British Tanks, had he done so in front of German Panzers he and his tactics would have been flatened.Some practice the GR, others the corollary: Do onto others before they do onto you.

Locke was right about Non-violent Civil Disobedience. It may not be 100% effective, but it has changed the world. MLK got that, so did Gandhi. Still in both cases, the action involved voluntary, private Citizens, not Government's. Practicing the Golden Rule does not mean that you are limited to it either. It does avoid allot of conflict either way, and allows you the sense to choose your battles, rather than be led into every one by the nose. ;)

In the thread Dis clearly gets the facts wrong and then refuses to admitt it, she is then joined by a rabble on the right refusing to accept the facts.

What goes on between you and Dis, should be between you and Dis, good luck with that. You might want to study the matter deeper, before making accusations. Perspectives are limited in all of us, what contributes to the full picture, and what doesn't. If something is invalid, show it to be the case. It doesn't have to be a personal attack every time.

Um I clearly did show my case in that thread and she obviously got the facts wrong and is continuing to refuse to admitt it.

It is how the right opperates.

That is why the right has been so easily rounded up to vote against their own interests.

Its is clearly shown in this thread.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/140001-farewell-usmb-4.html#post3026128

Um I clearly did show my case in that thread and she obviously got the facts wrong and is continuing to refuse to admitt it.

That is why the right has been so easily rounded up to vote against their own interests.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/140001-farewell-usmb-4.html#post3026128

One thing I would recommend is that you keep the discussions of that Thread on that Thread, or start a new one. This Forum has nothing to do with the matter.

Wingnuts not only hate it when you point out their lies. They also hate it when you point out the lies of other wingnuts

One thing I would recommend is that you keep the discussions of that Thread on that Thread, or start a new one. This Forum has nothing to do with the matter.

One thing I would recommend is that you practice what you preach instead of being a hypocrit

"What goes on between you and Dis, should be between you and Dis, good luck with that."

What is it with the sudden interest about Reagan from everyone?
It's probably because people are beginning to understand what went wrong with the system that kept this Nation healthy and who commenced its disassembly.

Our National problems started way before we were even born.
Please be more specific.

I was born in 1936 to parents who barely survived the Great Depression. FDR's New Deal commenced a social rebirth that brought about an incredible period of prosperity and created a middle class whose wealth was the envy of the world.

Then came the grade-B movie actor who played President under the direction of right-wing plutocrats and convinced the gullible Conservative following that wine could be made from water and commenced an era of de-regulated capitalist exploitation and deficit spending which was the first step toward the economic pit we find ourselves in today.

Ronald Reagan was America's political anti-Christ!

I know it pains you to have the tactics of the right exposed so clearly but that is why it has everything to do with this thread.

You even refuse to admitt dis and CG were completely wrong on the facts.

It's probably because people are beginning to understand what went wrong with the system that kept this Nation healthy and who commenced its disassembly.

Please be more specific.

I was born in 1936 to parents who barely survived the Great Depression. FDR's New Deal commenced a social rebirth that brought about an incredible period of prosperity and created a middle class whose wealth was the envy of the world.

and this prosperity, had nothing to do with humanities innate entrepreneurial spirit, the fact that we were the last free market cohesive industrial force left standing after ww2? It was the new deal? :eusa_eh:

Please be more specific.

and this prosperity, had nothing to do with humanities innate entrepreneurial spirit, the fact that we were the last free market cohesive industrial force left standing after ww2? It was the new deal? :eusa_eh:

If wingnuts didn't make stuff up, they'd have nothing to say

You can tell whwen a wingnut has run out of arguments - they either start with the insults and curse, or they try to create a straw man

This wingnut is pretending someone said "this prosperity had nothing to do with humanities innate entrepreneurial spirit" and that the govt was totally uninvolved in the economy (ie a free market) during the New Deal:cuckoo:

Please be more specific.

Then came the grade-B movie actor who played President under the direction of right-wing plutocrats and convinced the gullible Conservative following that wine could be made from water and commenced an era of de-regulated capitalist exploitation and deficit spending which was the first step toward the economic pit we find ourselves in today.

What Colonies sided against the Revolutionary War? If Hamilton was such a Federalist, why propose a Bank principled on Nationalism and not Federalism? What was the need for The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions?

Yet the solution was not compatible with Free Market Principles, or Federalism. Inflating prices, wage increases for Government and Union workers, while the rest of us were not only unprotected, but had to pay more. Burning crops, destroying food and merchandise on shelves may have served the interest of the privileged, but how did it help those truly in need, those who lost everything, to end up in soup kitchens and bread lines?

You are just jealous of Ronald Reagan, admit it. He Looked better than you, smelled better, and lit up a room when he entered it. You could learn from that.

Please be more specific.

What Colonies sided against the Revolutionary War? If Hamilton was such a Federalist, why propose a Bank principled on Nationalism and not Federalism? What was the need for The Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions?

Yet the solution was not compatible with Free Market Principles, or Federalism. Inflating prices, wage increases for Government and Union workers, while the rest of us were not only unprotected, but had to pay more. Burning crops, destroying food and merchandise on shelves may have served the interest of the privileged, but how did it help those truly in need, those who lost everything, to end up in soup kitchens and bread lines?

You are just jealous of Ronald Reagan, admit it. He Looked better than you, smelled better, and lit up a room when he entered it. You could learn from that.

In wingnut world, Hamilton wasn't a member of the Federalist Party :cuckoo:

The rest of us realize the AH *created* the Federalist Party

Intense you are an idiot.

Reagan was a man, a man with alzhimers.

He gave us HUGE deficits

Forum List

Back