The Global Warming Conspiracy?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Disclaimer: I have few, if any facts to support what I am about to post and I'm not even sure I believe it myself. It's just a thought.

It seems to me that environmentalists may have been played like a stradivarius on this one. Not so long ago, environmentalists were actually doing good things and making substantial progress, especially in the area of pollution. But now you don't seem to hear much about that anymore, all you hear about is this nebulous sword of Damocles known as Global Warming. I get the sneaking suspicion that it was all orchestrated, with marvelous success, to divert attention away from real progress and regulations pertaining to fundamental environmental issues. As long as there is no agreement and people are kept arguing, nothing gets done... about anything.

Disclaimer: I have few, if any facts to support what I am about to post and I'm not even sure I believe it myself. It's just a thought.

It seems to me that environmentalists may have been played like a stradivarius on this one. Not so long ago, environmentalists were actually doing good things and making substantial progress, especially in the area of pollution. But now you don't seem to hear much about that anymore, all you hear about is this nebulous sword of Damocles known as Global Warming. I get the sneaking suspicion that it was all orchestrated, with marvelous success, to divert attention away from real progress and regulations pertaining to fundamental environmental issues. As long as there is no agreement and people are kept arguing, nothing gets done... about anything.

LOL ... for not knowing much on the topic you did an excellent job of posting some facts.

I was part of the original environmental movement, back when it was more about having clean air, hiking trails, etc. and less about politics and profit ... so yeah, you are spot on. It did become a scam when they introduced the "global warming" rally cry, based on a very doctored document, doctored by guess who ... and thus began the "make profit for companies that should fail" routine we see today.

They've moved on to the merchandising phase already too. I'm starting to see comercials for eco friendly water bottles and grocery bags. It's ridiculous

They've moved on to the merchandising phase already too. I'm starting to see comercials for eco friendly water bottles and grocery bags. It's ridiculous
You're actually also starting to see taxes on the non-eco friendly versions of these! That's the control part of this hoax.

NOt a bad theory except that there are still plenty of environmentalists working on various issues locally that have nothing to do with global warming.

I can think of three major cases happening in Maine, right now, for example.

Two are land use debates , and another involves clearning up a former industrial sites which are is leeeching mercury into the Penobscot bay.

NOt a bad theory except that there are still plenty of environmentalists working on various issues locally that have nothing to do with global warming.

I can think of three major cases happening in Maine, right now, for example.

Two are land use debates , and another involves clearning up a former industrial sites which are is leeeching mercury into the Penobscot bay.

You're lucky, they are about to start the "ban on plastic bags" in my state, one city at a time, for now Seattle has voted it down but how long until they just push it through. The really fucked up thing, they talk about these "reusable" bags, funny thing, they're made of plastic to ... they just have more layers so they stay usable longer ... ultimately though ... same amount of plastic winds up in the land fills anyway ... oh yeah, as if that's not just about pushing profit.

Forum List

Back