The Glenn Beck Channel!

Uh huh. Sure. Right. Okay. But seems like you expend a whole lot of time, effort, and ban width to do that just with those particular folks and ignore a whole lot who deserve it more.

Looks like an obsession to me. Sorry.
By this piss-poor reasoning, the Right is terrified by and obsessed with Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, and Bill Maher.

I am unaware of thread after thread after thread being started by rightwingers re those folks unless it was a REALLY big media event. But if they're doing it, yeah, they are obsessed.
That's because there isn't a steady, daily stream of manufactured controversy by the Lefties I mentioned.

By this piss-poor reasoning, the Right is terrified by and obsessed with Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, and Bill Maher.

I am unaware of thread after thread after thread being started by rightwingers re those folks unless it was a REALLY big media event. But if they're doing it, yeah, they are obsessed.
That's because there isn't a steady, daily stream of manufactured controversy by the Lefties I mentioned.

Ah, but there is.

The problem is, that the 'lefties' depend on their leftwing media sources and other leftwingers to tell them what the other guys are saying, and they usually tell you a lot of stuff that just isn't so. And since the 'lefties' don't actually check it out for themselves they know a whole bunch of stuff that frankly isn't true.

But oh well. I guess it's too much to ask folks on a message board to actually read or listen to the people they smear and trash. Would take all the fun out of it, yes?

Ah, but there is.

The problem is, that the 'lefties' depend on their leftwing media sources and other leftwingers to tell them what the other guys are saying, and they usually tell you a lot of stuff that just isn't so. And since the 'lefties' don't actually check it out for themselves they know a whole bunch of stuff that frankly isn't true.

But oh well. I guess it's too much to ask folks on a message board to actually read or listen to the people they smear and trash. Would take all the fun out of it, yes?
Wrong. The media may point out Beck's insane ramblings, but they do so while showing it. I am able to agree or disagree by actually watching the Beck segment.

Ah, but there is.

Wrong. The media may point out Beck's insane ramblings, but they do so while showing it. I am able to agree or disagree by actually watching the Beck segment.

I've said before and I'll say again. If somebody has not sat down and listened to several back to back radio shows by Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham, Beck, Levin, Savage et al, that somebody doesn't have a clue what is actually being said or what the host is all about. When you get your information from sound bites, you're going to be misinformed most of the time.

If you haven't read O'Reilly's or Beck's books and haven't sat down and actually watched some of their television shows, but get your information from cherry picked sound bites or segments plucked out of context, you're going to be misinformed most of the time.

I form my opinion first hand from the personalities by watching some of the shows, listening to some of the programs, and reading some of the books.

I prefer to be informed that way than pretend I am informed by somebody else telling me what to think about them.

Ah, but there is.

I've said before and I'll say again. If somebody has not sat down and listened to several back to back radio shows by Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham, Beck, Levin, Savage et al, that somebody doesn't have a clue what is actually being said or what the host is all about. When you get your information from sound bites, you're going to be misinformed most of the time.

If you haven't read O'Reilly's or Beck's books and haven't sat down and actually watched some of their television shows, but get your information from cherry picked sound bites or segments plucked out of context, you're going to be misinformed most of the time.

I form my opinion first hand from the personalities by watching some of the shows, listening to some of the programs, and reading some of the books.

I prefer to be informed that way than pretend I am informed by somebody else telling me what to think about them.
Where are you getting 'sound bites' from? You can keep moving the goal posts all you want - I'll still score.

And I've listened to plenty of Hannity and Limbaugh. I know their schtick forward and backwards. The difference is that I see through their lies and bullshit. You, not so much.

Eat it up, Foxfyre - every word they say! You'll feel full at the end of the show, but you will get no nutrition.

Where are you getting 'sound bites' from? You can keep moving the goal posts all you want - I'll still score.

And I've listened to plenty of Hannity and Limbaugh. I know their schtick forward and backwards. The difference is that I see through their lies and bullshit. You, not so much.

Eat it up, Foxfyre - every word they say! You'll feel full at the end of the show, but you will get no nutrition.

With all due respect, I don't think you HAVE listened to any of those people for any length of time and you don't have a clue what their schtick is, or you wouldn't post so many really stupid things about them.

With all due respect, I don't think you HAVE listened to any of those people for any length of time and you don't have a clue what their schtick is, or you wouldn't post so many really stupid things about them.
Every Sunday during the Spring, Summer and early Fall, I drive to the beach. I take that opportunity to listen to "The Best Of Hannity" (now THERE'S an oxymoron for you!) for 1.5 hours. There is a steady stream of lies, and Democratic positions twisted beyond all recognition.

Hannity doesn't have an honest bone in his body.

Every Sunday during the Spring, Summer and early Fall, I drive to the beach. I take that opportunity to listen to "The Best Of Hannity" (now THERE'S an oxymoron for you!) for 1.5 hours. There is a steady stream of lies, and Democratic positions twisted beyond all recognition.

I don't believe you listen to Hannity even for 1.5 hours on summer Sundays. Most especially since Hannity isn't ON on Sundays. But again, if you DID identify a lie he told, I'm sure you would be able to post it here IN CONTEXT and WITH a link from a reliable source instead of some leftwingnut site that usually will distort the truth re those they don't like.

Well we pay a hefty amount to get cable so in a way we do pay. If our cable company stopped carrying channels like Fox News and some other sources we especailly enjoy, we would not be paying for the cable and would hunt for a provider who did carry those channels.

As for radio, since the guys who are being trashed on this thread are beating the pants off everybody else in the ratings and therefore command prime time in most markets, advertisers are willing to pay big bucks to get a spot on those shows.

I find them ALL tedious at times and I don't listen or watch ANY of them on a regular basis, but I have familiarized myself with each individual 'doctrine', 'schtick', delivery style, and content and am not easily swayed by those who pretend they know what its all about but don't really have a clue. Those who are spoon fed information about anything piecemeal and with extreme bias will always remain uneducated.

I don't believe you listen to Hannity even for 1.5 hours on summer Sundays. Most especially since Hannity isn't ON on Sundays. But again, if you DID identify a lie he told, I'm sure you would be able to post it here IN CONTEXT and WITH a link from a reliable source instead of some leftwingnut site that usually will distort the truth re those they don't like.
OK, now you are just being ridiculous. How do you know when "The Best Of Hannity" is played in my area?

I think I am now done discussing this with you.

OK, now you are just being ridiculous. How do you know when "The Best Of Hannity" is played in my area?

I think I am now done discussing this with you.

Oh god, I certainly hope so.

Really? It is really interesting to watch the fanatical fascination that those on the left continue to demonstrate when it comes to conservative or libertarian icons such as Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, et al. You never see them spend anywhere near as much time obsessing over anybody on the left which suggests those leftist media folks are as boring to them as they are to the rest of us. :)

If conservative hosts and commentators are anywhere near as stupid, dumb, hateful, misinformed, dishonest, or irrelevent as some would have them be, it looks like the leftists would be hoping that the opposition would continue to listen and watch and get their information there so that it could be so easily destroyed.

Meanwhile all those conservative guys continue to beat all the rest combined in the ratings and are no doubt laughing at their critics all the way to the bank.

Truth is pretty boring. I mean once it's out there, what's left to say?

Really? It is really interesting to watch the fanatical fascination that those on the left continue to demonstrate when it comes to conservative or libertarian icons such as Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, et al. You never see them spend anywhere near as much time obsessing over anybody on the left which suggests those leftist media folks are as boring to them as they are to the rest of us. :)

If conservative hosts and commentators are anywhere near as stupid, dumb, hateful, misinformed, dishonest, or irrelevent as some would have them be, it looks like the leftists would be hoping that the opposition would continue to listen and watch and get their information there so that it could be so easily destroyed.

Meanwhile all those conservative guys continue to beat all the rest combined in the ratings and are no doubt laughing at their critics all the way to the bank.

Exactly. That's one huge reason why Air America failed. Liberals don't do ginned-up anger well, and would rather talk up the country than talk down the country.

And re-reading the red ink in the post you replied to, the names Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell spring to mind.

Exactly. That's one huge reason why Air America failed. Liberals don't do ginned-up anger well, and would rather talk up the country than talk down the country.

And re-reading the red ink in the post you replied to, the names Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell spring to mind.

You're joking right? All you guys ever do is talk down the country. Worse you guys actively tear it down.

And both of you are incorrect about another thing, the Truth is never boring. It's one of the most exciting things there is in the world.

Forum List

Back