The Gini coefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you refuse any of the information I have attempted to give you?

because you assume that equal wealth distribution is a good thing. Which is odd because the American middle class that you mourn for scandalously consumes 25% of the earth's resources because it is the wealthiest middle class in the history of the world.

The gini coefficient also applies to the obscene wealth of the American middle class vs the 2 billion folks on earth scraping by on $2-3/day.

Isn't it about time you balanced your own gini coefficient and began sending 2/3 of your income to the folks in Africa and Asia who really need it?

TMN would rather that everyone be equally miserable, except for herself. If she truly believed in this redistribution nonsense, she's donate 90% of her income and wealth to the less forunate (given that she advocates returning to such high tax rates).

Pareto principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What you are refusing to see is that if you love caplitalism you dont want it to devolve into something else because of a imbalence in the control of assets.

When you reach the 20 80 rule you get stuck with a stalled economy.

To much of the assets are already contro;led by too few and the purchase power of the remaining 80% can not purchase enough of the exsisting assests to create a vibrant economy.

when someone holds most the marbles its pretty hard to trade him your marbles for something better.

Yes...I notice a pattern of your pure, unadulterated jealousy of wealthy people.

Unless he was showing us these numbers because he thinks that these continued trends in income and asset distribution are a good thing like you apparently do, Oddball.

I have yet to have one of these right leaning people truely try to discuss this information.

They are avoiding the merits of it in every way possible

What you are refusing to see is that if you love caplitalism you dont want it to devolve into something else because of a imbalence in the control of assets.

To much of the assets are already contro;led by too few and the purchase power of the remaining 80% can not purchase enough of the exsisting assests to create a vibrant economy.

when someone holds most the marbles its pretty hard to trade him your marbles for something better.

The pareto principle implies no such thing. You are pulling that out of your ass.

The pareto principle says the opposite, that it easier to trade toward better "efficiency" when the marbles are all in one hand. Efficiency being defined as any trade that leaves each trader as well off as before.

Last edited:
Why do you refuse any of the information I have attempted to give you?

because you assume that equal wealth distribution is a good thing. Which is odd because the American middle class that you mourn for scandalously consumes 25% of the earth's resources because it is the wealthiest middle class in the history of the world.

The gini coefficient also applies to the obscene wealth of the American middle class vs the 2 billion folks on earth scraping by on $2-3/day.

Isn't it about time you balanced your own gini coefficient and began sending 2/3 of your income to the folks in Africa and Asia who really need it?

TDM just likes to bitch, bitch and bitch some more about the "evil" rich and how they got there on the backs of the poor and downtrodden.

She has a very hard time with folks who have made it. Folks who have drive, determination and the will to succeeed. She feels that they should be willing to share what they busted their ass to earn with all the slackers, deadbeats, welfare queens and any other underachievers she can think of.

Social justice and equality. You know like they have in Cuba. Great place Cuba. No rich folks there. No wages. No evil rich outside of OL'Fidel and his immediate family. They all are equal. The achievers and the underachievers. They all slave away for Fidel and the State. Of course she wouldn't be able badmouth the rich. Fidel might take it personally. LOL

Last edited:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz claiming class war huh?

What you refuse to realize is its you fighting fro your own demise

I have yet to have one of these right leaning people truely try to discuss this information.

When you actually provide information and can provide a cogent explanation as to why it is relevant, then we can discuss it.

Posting things you don't understand with links to documents you haven't read is not information.

The pareto principle implies no such thing. You are pulling that out of your ass.

Then you tell us what you think it means in your own words

When you actually provide information and can provide a cogent explanation as to why it is relevant, then we can discuss it.

Posting things you don't understand with links to documents you haven't read is not information.

Tell us what you think it means?

Then you tell us what you think it means in your own words

It means that any trade that leaves all traders as well off or better off than they were before is considered pareto efficient. Pareto efficiency is just a litmus test that does not imply a favorable social outcome.

Read your own links.

I think it means you linked to something you don't understand.

Still refusing to explain in your own words what you claim I dont understand?

Tell me what Pareto found about the assets in his own country?

that 80% of the land was owned by 20% of the people. He found that the same was true everywhere. He didn't say or observe that was a bad thing, just the way it is.

You can't explain what it means and why its relevant. I'm not going to parrot back to you what can be found in your own link.

For you it means green eyed jealousy of other people money and accomplishments.
For you it means wanting to steal what is not yours.

That is what it means to me in my own words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back