The Gini coefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Gini coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gini indices for the United States at various times, according to the US Census Bureau:[7][8][9]

1929: 45.0 (estimated)
1947: 37.6 (estimated)
1967: 39.7 (first year reported)
1968: 38.6 (lowest index reported)
1970: 39.4
1980: 40.3
1990: 42.8
(Recalculations made in 1992 added a significant upward shift for later values)
2000: 46.2
2005: 46.9
2006: 47.0 (highest index reported)
2007: 46.3
2008: 46.69
2009: 46.8

Note the pattern?

• Banned
Why do you refuse any of the information I have attempted to give you?

Yes...I notice a pattern of your pure, unadulterated jealousy of wealthy people.

I couldn't help but notice you have that same problem.

unionyes.gif

• Banned
So you deny any cold hard information that doesnt back your predetermined political beliefs?

• Banned
Who cares?

does a wealthy person having more money than you make you poorer?

Mexicoes numbers went the other way, and look what kind of shit hole that place is.

Because when a market breaches the 20 80 rule it stalls the market.

Who cares?

Mexicoes numbers went the other way, and look what kind of shit hole that place is.

Yep, that is what happens under capitalism. The rich get richer & the poor get poorer.

Gini coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gini indices for the United States at various times, according to the US Census Bureau:[7][8][9]

1929: 45.0 (estimated)
1947: 37.6 (estimated)
1967: 39.7 (first year reported)
1968: 38.6 (lowest index reported)
1970: 39.4
1980: 40.3
1990: 42.8
(Recalculations made in 1992 added a significant upward shift for later values)
2000: 46.2
2005: 46.9
2006: 47.0 (highest index reported)
2007: 46.3
2008: 46.69
2009: 46.8

Note the pattern?

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Got some problem with the American Dream TM?

I would have thought you would be applauding that the 'people" over the years did better then their parents and grandparents did in life. I would have thought you would have applauded the fact that the "people" were taking the "wealth" away from the "robber barons" All you do is whine about education...and here you slam the very same people who did better their lives with education and made a good living.

Why do you hate Americans. Why do you hate that people are doing better then their forefathers. Why do you hate Americans fulfilling the American dream?

Why do you hate trughdoesnmatter?

The Gini coefficient is a measure of statistical dispersion developed by the Italian statistician and sociologist Corrado Gini and published in his 1912 paper "Variability and Mutability" (Italian: Variabilità e mutabilità).[1][2]

The Gini coefficient is a measure of the inequality of a distribution, a value of 0 expressing total equality and a value of 1 maximal inequality. It has found application in the study of inequalities in disciplines as diverse as sociology, economics, health science, ecology, chemistry and engineering.

It is commonly used as a measure of inequality of income or wealth.[3]

Look at the numbers.

the higer the coefficient gets the more likely the economy will tank.

Now tell me why you think its good for the economy to tank?

Why do you refuse any of the information I have attempted to give you?

It's not information. You can't explain what it means and why it is relevant or any causal relationship.

As far as your "intellect" is concerned, it's just a bunch of random letters arranged on a page on the internets.

So any information you dont like is dismissed sumarily by you ?

Big surprize

Who cares?

Because when a market breaches the 20 80 rule it stalls the market.

You have been saying 20 80 rule all day.

It's the 80-20 rule of business.

How do you define this rule? Keeping in mind, that I know the rule and will know if you are right or wrong.

Does this have anything to do with the Pareto efficiency or saveliberty's days long bitch fest?

Inquiring minds want to know.

More nattering nonsense from TMN, who understands neither correlation vs. causality, nor leading vs. lagging indicators.

For the intellectually competent, wealth concentration during the depths of a recession or depression is the result of high unemployment rates caused by lack of economic growth. With 10%-25% of the labor force being either un or under employed, the ratio of income and wealth held by the independently wealthy is going to be a greater ratio when measured during the economic trough.

It's not a cause, it's a result of the economic contraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back