The Gingerbread Man

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
The Gingerbread Man​

By Clarice Feldman
November 18, 2012

Do you remember the tale of "The Gingerbread Man"? It's a children's story in which a gingerbread man runs away from the baker, lots of people try to catch him as he crows, "Run, run as fast as you can/ You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man." In the version I remember a fox finally does catch the braggart and eats him piece by piece.

This week, in defending the public statements of his UN Ambassador Susan Rice, Obama said we should come after him, not her. Pugnacious remark -- just like the gingerbread man's. Last time I recall a politician making a remark like that it was Gary Hart who challenged reporters to tail him if they thought reports of his womanizing were true. As you certainly recall, the press came after him, caught him, and his political ambitions were dashed. This time, as I'll explain, in the absence of a properly functioning press corps, only a Congress ready and willing to pursue the truth -- even if it means impeaching the president -- can catch the gingerbread man.......

[excerpt]

Read more:
Articles: The Gingerbread Man

Forum List

Back