The Genius of Fox News

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Seeing comments from both sides about Fox News has made it abundantly clear that many labor under the misconception that being a legitimate news outlet and a propaganda wing of a political party are somehow mutually exclusive. And the genius of Fox News (poorly copied by MSNBC), is the exploitation of this misconception. Newsflash folks: Fox News is BOTH a legitimate news outlet AND a propaganda wing of the republican party. Most of what they report is simply regular old news. And because of this, they are able to slip in a fair amount of propaganda that many of their uneducated viewers mistake for legitimate news. And because they've been so successful, they have forever changed the landscape of television news. There may have been a time when even the slightest hint of propagandizing would materially undermine a news outlet's credibility, but that time is long past. They all do it now, to varying degrees. To paraphrase Mark Twain, if you don't read or watch the news you are uninformed, if you do, you are misinformed.

• Banned
:rofl:

As far as my posts go, that one is among the longer ones...

And it's still shorter than 99% of Pubes posts. :D

But many many thanks for making a sincere effort to read and understand my post. I may just have to rep you for it. :)

Forum List

Back