The Genesis Conflict - 102 - A Universal Flood

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by MarcATL, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,755
    Because of the success of the previous one, I present to you the 2nd phase in the series.

A lecture by the world-renowned scientist, Professor Walter Veith presents all the evidence that proves a world-wide flood at some point in our history.

102 - A Universal Flood - Amazing Discoveries TV

This vid is a mere 59 mins short. I've already watched it 4 times. I'll watch it again tonight shortly to brush up. I welcome your comments.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,092
    Ridiculous...

Besides the dubious evidence presented, the story in Genesis 6-9 is just plain silly.

To start with, if the way that animals survived was by taking a pair of every species, you would need to have a boat big enough to contain one million terrestrial animal species. And you would need hundreds of people to tend to them, and lots of space for one years worth of food for them. You see the logistical problem.

Yet we are to believe that 8 people tended to 2 million animals in a huge boat. (By way of comparison, Brookfeild Zoo in Chicago has a staff of 400 people to tend to only a few thousand animals.)

Of course, if the flood produced enough rain to cover every mountain, then the air would be so thin that Noah and all his animals would suffocate.

Then you have the problem of after the flood. All the animals get out... Which means each animal species (including the people) would then descend from a single pair of parents... you'd have those inbreeding problems. And the predators would start picking off the herbivores... The herbivores would have nothing to eat because all the plants drowned, and the saline content of the soild would have increased as the waters receded...

Do I need to go on?

But here's my biggest problem, and it's the one that started with the nun who said that it was right for God to drown every baby in the world because they were "wiiiiiicked".

What kind of God drowns fucking babies and still expects to be called "good"? He just comes off like a Cosmic Andrea Yates, and that woman was crazy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. LOki

LOki The Yaweh of Mischief

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    This thing is just as intellectually dishonest as the last one.

"Professor Walter Veith presents all the evidence that proves he's a world class superstitious retard."
    There, Fixed.

You're welcome.

4. Youwerecreated

Youwerecreated VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Funny how the critiques in this thread can't seem to provide an explanation for a phenomenon that is seen world wide.

Keep up the good work exposing the liars that say otherwise.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  5. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,677
    The liars are those that say the fossil record proves a worldwide flood. That's particularly ludicrous when you realize those same people will ignore the progression of fossils over the ages.

6. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    I'm surprised we haven't seen one fo the board fundamentalists reply to this and prove it wrong with science.

Oh whoops, no I'm not.

7. LOki

LOki The Yaweh of Mischief

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    What phenomenon exactly is it "that is seen world wide," but critics "can't seem to provide an explanation for?"

8. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Wrong the liars are people who believe as you do,remember gould and eldredge had to make up a new theory to cover up the fossil evidence found in the cambrian explosion ? :lol: talk about moving the goalposts and lying at the same time. you people lack the the ability to reason fron real evidence when it is presented to you.

9. Youwerecreated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Uh changing the subject are you ? :lol: it has been done many times because you refuse to accept is not the creationists problem.

10. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +940
    Please go through all his points and give me a SCIENTIFIC reason why what he said is wrong. And please, Bible verses aren't proof he's wrong.

Thank you.