The generosity of Americans

Democrat4Bush said:
My reply to UN would be:

"And how much aid did you send to the residents of Florida after they were hit with 4 hurricanes in a month"?

:mad:

Exactly.

Oh and does anyone know how much aid came to the US from outside after our 911 disaster?

I think giving is done according to perceived need----I dont think that if Oprah had a heart attack that a lot of Americans would feel a need to send her money.

Thornton said:
Exactly.

Oh and does anyone know how much aid came to the US from outside after our 911 disaster?

Certainly not one 10 Million dollar check from one particular snobby Saudi Royal.

This picture taken by the marines from the USS Bonnehomme Richard pretty much illustrates the value of our efforts. Just look at the joy and appreciation reflected on the faces!

Front%20pg.jpg

In the last pic above, it's interesting that one guy is still wearing a motorcycle helmet... I wonder if he was so excited that he forgot to take it off as he jumped off his scooter while rushing to meet the helicopter.

Comrade said:
In the last pic above, it's interesting that one guy is still wearing a motorcycle helmet... I wonder if he was so excited that he forgot to take it off as he jumped off his scooter while rushing to meet the helicopter.
theres 2 of them, probably treating it like a hockey game.

Comrade said:

Full helmets like that are tough to get on and off quickly, especially if you wear glasses. It is more likely in the name of expediency and need he kept the helmet on to get the food his family needed.

As a person, with such experience, I'll tell you that I like the idea of the heat being turn on us to contribute more.

We'd talked the talk, it's time to walk the walk!

Deal!

hylandrdet said:
As a person, with such experience, I'll tell you that I like the idea of the heat being turn on us to contribute more.

Deal!
why is that? why in the world do we, out of any country on the planet, need to "walk the walk" when it somes to giving money for disaster?

hylandrdet said:

Deal!

How many billions annually do we spend to keep freedom under guard on the Earth?

hylandrdet said:

Deal!

1. How many billions annually do we spend to keep freedom under guard on the Earth?

2. As for additional amounts are concerned, there is never a guarantee such expenditures will be used for the benefit of improving the lives of commen man. (See #1)

hylandrdet said:

Deal!

Not even sure what you are saying here. We gave plenty. Its nice to see some other countries are giving some now. But throwing money at the situation isnt going to fix the problem. it cant hurt but it doesnt fix the problem. This is the biggest problem I see with the liberal view. they dont seem to understand that throwing money and giving to it hurts doesnt necessarily fix anything. it might make is feel good but we should be focused more on results then dollar amounts.

I am deffinately proud of what this country has done and the speed at which we have done it.

Not even sure what you are saying here. We gave plenty. Its nice to see some other countries are giving some now. But throwing money at the situation isnt going to fix the problem. it cant hurt but it doesnt fix the problem. This is the biggest problem I see with the liberal view. they dont seem to understand that throwing money and giving to it hurts doesnt necessarily fix anything. it might make is feel good but we should be focused more on results then dollar amounts.

I am deffinately proud of what this country has done and the speed at which we have done it.

I agree with everything you'd said, that why we're in IRAQ... Right?

Forum List

Back