The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine , is a book by the son of an Israeli war hero. The author's father, was an Israeli general, war hero, military governor of the Gaza strip, member of Parliament, professor, and columnist who turned against the occupation of Palestine. His father, had in 1948 fought in either the War of Independence or the Catastrophe, depending on which label one prefers. And was also a leader of the Six-Day War of 1967. So any accusations of anti-semitism, or hate-jews, or hate-Israel labels, that usually come in response to criticisms of Israeli policy, don't apply. His father, dutifully performed his Israeli military service, and killed a huge number of people in the name of Israel.

[In 1967, his father] said that occupying the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan Heights would endanger, rather than protect, an Israeli democracy, that it would in fact turn Israel into a brutal occupying power.

The other generals claimed that the Palestinians would never settle for the West Bank and Gaza. So, [his father] produced evidence that the vast majority of Palestinians would indeed accept that deal. Chief of Staff Yitzhak Rabin told [him] to let it go.
And when the son traveled to Palestine to see for himself what the Palestinian's were like, what he found was that they revered his father.

He found that they knew his father and called [him] Abu Salam, meaning Father of Peace. [The son] had not been aware that his father had been given that name by Palestinians.
He also found, contrary to what the zio-nazis keep claiming, "...the [Palestinian] people, of whom he was initially frightened, wonderfully open and generous."

[He] met with nonviolent activists in Bil’in and elsewhere in Palestine. He learned that, contrary to media depictions, the bulk of Palestinian resistance was and had always been nonviolent.
Did you catch that last line, Israeli a-holes?

"the bulk of Palestinian resistance was
and had always been nonviolent"​

Basically, the jist of it is, Israel is the opposite of what you zionist assholes claim it is. They're not peaceful defenders of the jewish state, they're a tyrannical occupational force hell bent on aggression against its neighbors, no different than the nazis in the '30's.

I predict this thread will die off and be ignored. Why? Because there is one other thing zionist a-hole apologists are aside from being psychopathic liars, BIG FUCKING PUSSY'S, when it comes to confronting the truth. They just don't have the balls to hang and argue in a thread like this. They prefer their make believe threads about "contributions to peace" that are non-existant.

Last edited:
"...the [Palestinian] people, of whom he was initially frightened, wonderfully open and generous."

Absolutely - and the funny thing is, this is what most people discover when they spend time with Palestinians. It is abslutely my experience as well.

Posting on this board would change overnight if some of our more stay-at-home posters were to spend a few nights hanging out with ordinary Palestinian people in their homes, and just hearing what people have to say.

And it is also true that most Palestinian resistance had always been non-violent - but I think that statement ceased to be true with the first Intifada, really. After that the resistance has been more confrontrational.

"...the [Palestinian] people, of whom he was initially frightened, wonderfully open and generous."

Absolutely - and the funny thing is, this is what most people discover when they spend time with Palestinians. It is abslutely my experience as well.

Posting on this board would change overnight if some of our more stay-at-home posters were to spend a few nights hanging out with ordinary Palestinian people in their homes, and just hearing what people have to say.

And it is also true that most Palestinian resistance had always been non-violent - but I think that statement ceased to be true with the first Intifada, really. After that the resistance has been more confrontrational.
You have extremists in every society. In Israel, it's the Likud Party. Here in the US, it's the neocons. In arab country's, it's the jihadists and religious theocracy's.

I work in the engineering community. And in the last 40 years, all the muslim engineers I've worked with, are the exact opposite of what these zio-nuts claim they are. They're normal folk just like anyone else. They love their children, their wives, their family and the neighbors they interact with. Their main goal is to provide for their families, not this BS notion of a caliphate.

I know plenty of "Palestinian" Arabs most are good people ...So? We're not worried about the good people they are dominated by the whack jobs in Gaza, Judea and Samaria

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrI8-qb9M9A&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL33E61B1E13309CA6]Hamas: Kill Christians and Jews "to the last one" - YouTube[/ame]

]You have extremists in every society. In Israel, it's the Likud Party. Here in the US, it's the neocons. In arab country's, it's the jihadists and religious theocracy's.

I work in the engineering community. And in the last 40 years, all the muslim engineers I've worked with, are the exact opposite of what these zio-nuts claim they are. They're normal folk just like anyone else. They love their children, their wives, their family and the neighbors they interact with. Their main goal is to provide for their families, not this BS notion of a caliphate.

I couldn't agree more - and most Muslims I've met in the Middle East have been very ordinary, pleasant people to be around as well.

Every society does have extremists, and Palestine has a few too many. Israel does too, though not Likud - the National Religious Party and a few other parties are far more extreme than Likud. Likud is more intractable than extreme.

]You have extremists in every society. In Israel, it's the Likud Party. Here in the US, it's the neocons. In arab country's, it's the jihadists and religious theocracy's.

I couldn't agree more - and most Muslims I've met in the Middle East have been very ordinary, pleasant people to be around as well.

Every society does have extremists, and Palestine has a few too many. Israel does too, though not Likud - the National Religious Party and a few other parties are far more extreme than Likud. Likud is more intractable than extreme.
Likud has its roots in Irgun. Irgun was a jewish terrorist organization.

Maybe I'm a little biased because Likud is right wing and I've met very few righties I can respect. And even fewer that were not war-mongering a-holes.

I know plenty of "Palestinian" Arabs most are good people ...So? We're not worried about the good people they are dominated by the whack jobs in Gaza, Judea and Samaria
And according to the author's father (the Israeli general), most of the violence from the "whack jobs", are a result of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land.

End the occupation, you end the violence.

I'd say Likud is a mainstream party these days, albeit a party which I think is largely interested in maintaining the status quo.

But to the extreme right of them in the Knesset there are usually 3 or 4 parties, such as the NRP, United Torah Judaism and Jewish Home, some of whom can be quite frightening. They really are messianic in their vision, which I don't think sits easily with peaceful solutions.

I'd say Likud is a mainstream party these days, albeit a party which I think is largely interested in maintaining the status quo.

But to the extreme right of them in the Knesset there are usually 3 or 4 parties, such as the NRP, United Torah Judaism and Jewish Home, some of whom can be quite frightening. They really are messianic in their vision, which I don't think sits easily with peaceful solutions.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 90% of the Knesset now aligned with Big Ben and the Likud Party agenda?

That is why I started this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/134774-sleepless-in-gaza-and-jerusalem.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evE5yyRF5U0]New Trailer Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem .divx - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not sure...that could be. Certainly the Labour Party have fallen from grace, after many years as the largest party.

Party Seats

Kadima 28
Likud 27
Yisrael Beiteinu 15
Shas 11
Labor 8
United Torah Judaism1 5
Independence 5
National Union2 4
Hadash 4
United Arab List-Ta'al 4
The Jewish Home 3
New Movement-Meretz 3
Balad 3
Total 120

Knesset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine , is a book by the son of an Israeli war hero. The author's father, was an Israeli general, war hero, military governor of the Gaza strip, member of Parliament, professor, and columnist who turned against the occupation of Palestine. His father, had in 1948 fought in either the War of Independence or the Catastrophe, depending on which label one prefers. And was also a leader of the Six-Day War of 1967. So any accusations of anti-semitism, or hate-jews, or hate-Israel labels, that usually come in response to criticisms of Israeli policy, don't apply. His father, dutifully performed his Israeli military service, and killed a huge number of people in the name of Israel.

[In 1967, his father] said that occupying the West Bank, Gaza, and the Golan Heights would endanger, rather than protect, an Israeli democracy, that it would in fact turn Israel into a brutal occupying power.

The other generals claimed that the Palestinians would never settle for the West Bank and Gaza. So, [his father] produced evidence that the vast majority of Palestinians would indeed accept that deal. Chief of Staff Yitzhak Rabin told [him] to let it go.
And when the son traveled to Palestine to see for himself what the Palestinian's were like, what he found was that they revered his father.

He found that they knew his father and called [him] Abu Salam, meaning Father of Peace. [The son] had not been aware that his father had been given that name by Palestinians.
He also found, contrary to what the zio-nazis keep claiming, "...the [Palestinian] people, of whom he was initially frightened, wonderfully open and generous."

[He] met with nonviolent activists in Bil’in and elsewhere in Palestine. He learned that, contrary to media depictions, the bulk of Palestinian resistance was and had always been nonviolent.

Basically, the jist of it is, Israel is the opposite of what you zionist assholes claim it is. They're not peaceful defenders of the jewish state, they're a tyrannical occupational force hell bent on aggression against its neighbors, no different than the nazis in the '30's.

I predict this thread will die off and be ignored. Why? Because there is one other thing zionist a-hole apologists are aside from being psychopathic liars, BIG FUCKING PUSSY'S, when it comes to confronting the truth. They just don't have the balls to hang and argue in a thread like this. They prefer their make believe threads about "contributions to peace" that are non-existant.
Catch this dipweed. Ass licker of Islamoterrorists. Oh those poor Islamists, they're being portrayed as terrorists! What a pathetic dirtbag groin boy is.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cHq25tnZoFs]YouTube - Son of Hamas Leader: The God of Islam Suffers from Split Personality; Muhammad - a False Prophet[/ame]

Catch this dipweed. Ass licker of Islamoterrorists. Oh those poor Islamists, they're being portrayed as terrorists! What a pathetic dirtbag groin boy is.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cHq25tnZoFs]YouTube - Son of Hamas Leader: The God of Islam Suffers from Split Personality; Muhammad - a False Prophet[/ame]

whereas Israel is bound by law and constitution

You wouldn't have a link to that Israeli constitution, would you?

You have a link to the genocidal Nazi Hamas Charter? Oh wait you're gonna tell us that they don't follow it. Ha ha ha!

You have extremists in every society. In Israel, it's the Likud Party. Here in the US, it's the neocons. In arab country's, it's the jihadists and religious theocracy's.

LOL!

If you say the Lukud are extremists, you probably don't know much about Israeli politics.

The Likud are not at all extremists.

I'm not sure...that could be. Certainly the Labour Party have fallen from grace, after many years as the largest party.

Party Seats

Kadima 28
Likud 27
Yisrael Beiteinu 15
Shas 11
Labor 8
United Torah Judaism1 5
Independence 5
National Union2 4
Hadash 4
United Arab List-Ta'al 4
The Jewish Home 3
New Movement-Meretz 3
Balad 3
Total 120

Knesset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even Arab parties gained more popularity than Meretz.

Meretz 3= lol:badgrin:

And according to the author's father (the Israeli general), most of the violence from the "whack jobs", are a result of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land.

:cuckoo:Bull..Gaza is not under "occupation" Sinai is not "occupied" the Arabs could have made something in Gaza, but they chose to be a terrorist entity ending the "occupation" means no Israel that’s the way the Arabs want it get a clue idiot

:cuckoo:Bull..Gaza is not under "occupation" Sinai is not "occupied" the Arabs could have made something in Gaza, but they chose to be a terrorist entity ending the "occupation" means no Israel that’s the way the Arabs want it get a clue idiot

Of course that is not true.

Forum List

Back