The General Lee vs the Bandit...

I read that they wrecked so many of those cars that they became rare.

As far as the story went, the car never took damage. In real life the stunts turned them all into scrap

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

As far as the story went, the car never took damage. In real life the stunts turned them all into scrap

You could see the General Lee Busted in Half on almost every jump...

Then it cut to another angle and it was driving out untouched... :lol:

We called Bullshit on that in Grade School.

:)

peace...

You can see in several jumps they did that the body panels crimped and folded from the impact when the car landed. The editing was not well done.

I think there were something like 30 Chargers used over the course of the show.

The biggest difference is in 2012 I'd love to have an old Bandit Firebird. I'd expect to be ostracized if I drove a General Lee around.

Trans Am is probably the faster car.

No. That generation of TA was a lead sled. I'm not sure what engine was in the Bandit, but the Lee had the 440 and the Bandit would have needed some serious horsepower to push all that weight and have any chance of beating the Charger.

No. That generation of TA was a lead sled. I'm not sure what engine was in the Bandit, but the Lee had the 440 and the Bandit would have needed some serious horsepower to push all that weight and have any chance of beating the Charger.

Looked it up. The Bandit most likely had the 403 Oldsmobile small block which was in the TA from 77-79. Output was 185hp.

The 440 Magnum motor in the 69 Charger was 375hp.

Not even a close race.

The Trans Am Pontiac was running a 455. They were very fast cars.

Nope. Beginning in 77, they replaced the 455 with the 403 small block.

Looked it up. The Bandit most likely had the 403 Oldsmobile small block which was in the TA from 77-79. Output was 185hp.

Not even a close race.

Mopar kicked ass. Pontiac......pffft.

That was right around the time when big blocks were being put to pasture.

You can thank the visionary left for that :thup:

Not even a close race.

Mopar kicked ass. Pontiac......pffft.

I was a gearhead in high school and pretty much devoted much of my life at the time to muscle cars rather than partying (i took that up later in life :lol:). I always loved the 60's generation GTOs, but no other Pontiacs. My first car was a 1972 Chevelle, 350. Not an SS though, but I put every last cent I had into its performance and I smoked some SS's so it was all good.

Forum List

Back