The Gaza Crisis: Decision Time for Obama

The best decision would be to just stay out of it. Let the Palestinians and Israelis work out their own differences. Turkey should be ashamed of themselves for interfering with that conflict. They were not "Peace Activists" on that ship. That being said,why do we always feel we need to jump in the middle of every conflict on this Planet? 'World's Referee' & 'World's Policeman' policies should become a thing of the past for our nation. In fact,lets dramatically scale back our presence in the entire Middle East. Arabs are irrational & insane for the most part. The Kurds in Iraq know this as well as all in Afghanistan. Arabs have a long long history of brutal bloodthirst. They bring nothing but death & destruction everywhere they go. It's time for us to quit the whole 'World's Referee' & 'World's Policeman' stuff. It's time for a more neutral stance on foreign policy. I'm completely sick of refereeing the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. What has that gotten us? So my advice to this President would be...Just stay out of it.

Theoretically that would be nice. But in fact the US has a 50 year history in the area. And if we don't meddle someone else will.
In this case this is a set up by Turkey to establish their creds in the Muslim world with their new found bro's in Syria and Jordan.

His options are lead, follow or get out of the way.

He is going to dither and do none of those things.

But like with Korea, he is sinking very quickly into irrelevance. No one is looking to Washington for anything but a laugh these days.

Obama does not like Israel. he never has.
Whew!!

It surely is convenient having you "conservative" mind-readers around.

:rolleyes:

Mind readers? About Obama not liking Jews? Well, let me ask you this. If I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken to eat every Sunday.....for 20 years, would you conclude I like chicken, or even that I don't like Church's Chicken? Or if I drove a Ford every day for 20 years, with that car having a bumper sticker that says "Chevy Sucks A$$" would you conclude I like Fords and probably don't like Chevys?

Well, Obama sat in a church.....for 20 years, that preached hate and contempt for Jews, Zionists and of course good ole whitey. I'm not in the FBI....but that is what you call a clue. Along with his actual actions politically dealing with Israel, well, I'd say case closed.

But, you libbies keep believing in Hopey Changey the Almighty. Meanwhile, Rome burns.

His options are lead, follow or get out of the way.

He is going to dither and do none of those things.

But like with Korea, he is sinking very quickly into irrelevance. No one is looking to Washington for anything but a laugh these days.

Yep. Imagine this for a moment.

It is broadcast to the city of Los Angeles that all LAPD and LA County Sheriffs deputies will be asleep or assigned to desk duty only for the next 4 years. Would the gangs be bolder? Would the people be afraid? Would chaos ensue?

Well, we're the world police, like it or not, and we're asleep. Obama will see to that. Israel knows it. N. Korea, Iran, Venezuela know it. Brazil and Turkey know it. Cuba knows it. Mexico knows it. Russia and China, and France, and Spain know it. The "cops" are gone, at least for 4 years. The gangs and criminals are going to flourish in our world. Buckle up. The Disaster of 2008 is beginning to show it's consequences.

Theoretically that would be nice. But in fact the US has a 50 year history in the area. And if we don't meddle someone else will.
In this case this is a set up by Turkey to establish their creds in the Muslim world with their new found bro's in Syria and Jordan.

Turkey is turning against us. No doubt about it. They know they are seen somewhat as an ally of the United States. Now, with Obama refusing to live up to our prior alliances, Turkey knows it will become the next target of radical Islam unless they turn on us. They started by cooperating with Iran, along with Brazil, to buy Iran time avoiding sanctions and allowing more time to build a nuke. Turkey did not want to be Iran's #2 target behind Israel, thus the alliance. Lack of protection from the USA sparked this turn by Turkey. And it is 100% in the lap of Obama. And more sickening.....thats what Obama wants.

Turkey and these so-called "Peace Activists" caused this tragedy. I'm not cheerleading for Israel but Turkey has no business meddling over there. It is clear they were there to interfere and cause problems. The so-called "Activists" need to worry about their own countries and stop meddling in others' conflicts. Basically,Turkey needs to mind its own business and worry about its own country's problems. What is an "Activist" anyway? This tragedy could have been avoided. Next time,all you "Activists" should just stay home. My advice to this President would be to just stay out of this. Let the Palestinians and Israelis work out their own differences.

Last edited:
To H*ll with Turkey and good riddance. They went over there to cause more problems in an area that definitely didn't need any more problems. They can stick their "Activists" right up their a*ses. Turkey has no business meddling over there. They caused this awful tragedy. All nations should stop meddling in that conflict and this includes our own nation. I'm completely sick of us trying to referee and police the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. Let those people sort out their differences themselves. That's the only way there will ever be peace over there. Mr. President,please stay out of this.

The Gaza Crisis: Decision Time for Obama

So why is it decision time for Obama? Israel feels itself increasingly in an existential crisis. Not only is Iran nearing a nuclear-weapons capability, but it has become increasingly vogue to delegitimize Israel. In the wake of the Gaza ship incident, Israel is going to see whether it has any allies left who will recognize its dilemma, recognize its security concerns, and support it as the crisis grows. Israel knows it can’t trust Europe. Indeed, Europe finances many of the groups which, if they don’t seek Israel’s destruction directly, nevertheless indirectly support terrorism.

If Obama decides it is in America’s interest to make an example of Israel after the Gaza flotilla incident in order to win goodwill in Cairo, Beirut, Tehran, and Ankara, then he must also recognize that the leadership in Jerusalem is going to conclude that it cannot trust the United States to safeguard its security, and that therefore it must take matters into its own hands on any number of issues, not the least of which is Iran’s nuclear program. In effect, if the White House decides to come down hard on Israel now, it is the same as giving a green light for Israel to strike Iran. That is not advocacy; it is just the realism about which President Obama is so fond.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/!%#...AxNDhhOWRiNTU=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israel is between a hard place and a Barrack

It's Obamas time to decide ..will it be Israel or the rest of the Muslim nations who want to destroy Israel... Remember, Israel is like a badger cornered...they're fierce, technologically superior than most countries. They are on survival mode...

Ok..you anti-semites......I know you're itching to sound off against Israel.

The one thing that Obama has going for him is that 95% of Americans don't have ANY clue about what is really happening in the world - especially between Israel and the Palestinians.

For example, how many of them even knew that Gaza has been under an enforced economic blockade for the past 18 months? I'd bet my annual salary that if I had canvassed my neighborhood 1 week ago (household income in my neighborhood is >$100k so these are supposedly educated people), 19 out of 20 of the adults would not have known about the blockade. And I'm being generous.

So Obama and the media have a clean slate to work with when it comes to responding in just about any manner they want. Some politically knowledgeable people will moan about it, but the majority will continue their lives in ignorance of reality.

Here's a few things that our government and media WILL NOT SHARE with their audience and voters:

Gaza was blockaded because the Palestinian people actually voted democratically for a leadership who was supposed to be a failure. Their decision to stop the division and opression from within was met by opression from outside forces who cannot stand for a united Palestine.

In a nutshell, Hamas was formed by the Israeli Mossad in response to Arafat's PLO in order to create division. Hamas was the favorite in western media, and was contrasted constantly against the PLO as the golden child, with a US educated leadership who was supported by the US and Israel.

When Arafat died, the PLO collapsed and Hamas dominated the scene, so Mossad created Fatah. And all of a sudden, Hamas started getting all of the bad press and the US/Israel poured rtheir funding into Fatah. Because there had to be division in order to continue US/Israeli domination of the region. If you have any question regarding who is doing the dominating, take a look at any set of maps and see who is doing the encroaching/territory takeover.

Now enter the Palestinian people, who are tired of the fighting, tired of the opression, and who just want to live their lives. Monitored democratic elections were held and Hamas won a resounding victory in Gaza. The only problem was that Israel and the US had placed their cards in the Fatah basket, not Hamas. As punishment for this transgression, the Palestinian people have been blockaded ever since.

But do not expect any of the facts to distract the White House/Israel or the US media from their goals. Dual Israeli citizen Rahm Emmanual is still the chief of staff so the right decisions are being made to assure that the fallout from this is minimal. If there are any lingering doubts as to where the loyalties are in our White House, rest assured - they are not with the American people.

So far we know that one US vessel was hijacked and at least one US citizen has been killed - shot four times in the head. You can bet your bottom dollar that there will be no justice and no actions taken by this administration to defend against these crimes. And the American public who have nothing to base their decisions on except a lifetime of propaganda and lies will probably be happiest if the Administration did nothing. It's a very sick, inhumane, and self-deating set of circumstances that we are up against.

As of yesterday, at least one American - a former US military officer and State Department employee (who had the moral fortitude to resign over the Iraq lies) remains unnaccounted for. Yet we hear no public strength or determination from our national leadership in demanding her return. Here's a brief article on her situation:
Israel detains Hawaii activist - Hawaii News - Starbulletin.com

Why not? Because Obama is a fraud. He is nothing more than the PR figure who spreads the policy and directives of the external and private figures who placed him in office. As such, he will continue to play a role in deceiving the American public so that our national resources and patriotism can be used and abused for the benefit of private and foreign interests. This lady will not be championed because she's decided to make a stand for what she believes in, as opposed to standing up for what the rest of the nation has been deceived into.

What a sad state we are in.

With regards to the Palestian people, here's what one Auschwitz survivor says about Palestine. I wish that more people had their eyes open like this man does:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSlFR541Uoo]YouTube - Auschwitz Survivor on Palestine[/ame]

Watch the video before you call me an anti-semite.

Now enter the Palestinian people, who are tired of the fighting, tired of the opression, and who just want to live their lives. Monitored democratic elections were held and Hamas won a resounding victory in Gaza. The only problem was that Israel and the US had placed their cards in the Fatah basket, not Hamas. As punishment for this transgression, the Palestinian people have been blockaded ever since.

Watch the video before you call me an anti-semite.

You're too stupid and ill informed to be an anti-semite.
The palestinian people are clearly not tired of fighting as they voted for the entity that represents zero compromise with Israel.
Hamas is a terrorist organization. Not just in the U.S. Not just in Israel. But all over the world. The blockade was done jointly by Israel and Egypt, to whom Hamas is also a terrorist organization.
They are blockaded because Hamas will not agree to three conditions:
1) Recognize Israel's right to exist
2) Abandon terrorist activity
3) Abide by previously brokered agreements between Israel and Fatah.

Yet those are too difficult for the peace loving Hamas faction.

It's Obamas time to decide ..will it be Israel or the rest of the Muslim nations who want to destroy Israel... Remember, Israel is like a badger cornered...they're fierce, technologically superior than most countries. They are on survival mode...

There should never have been any question about what side of a conflict with Israel the U.S. would come out on. Obama has claimed in the past to be resolute in his support of Israel, but that's not what his actions say and that's not where the people he surrounds himself with stand.

In foreign policy terms, he's being tested... a testing which would likely never have occurred if he hadn't allowed doubt as to where his priorities lie, if his resolve was truly unquestionable.

The fact that there IS a question has further destabilized the Middle East and could easily result in open warfare. Barack Obama has been an utter disaster, on every front, and just as I feared before he was elected, his incompetence is costing us.

Forum List

Back